Up Grade Clutch

Thread: Up Grade Clutch

Default Up Grade Clutch

I've got 68k on my clutch. I plan to replace and hope to up grade all related parts. Any suggestions on plates, steels,basket, ect?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Daddy View Post
    I've got 68k on my clutch. I plan to replace and hope to up grade all related parts. Any suggestions on plates, steels,basket, ect?
    Read this as well:

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...=1#post3405481

PS>

My apologies, I did not realised you posted this question on C109 thread...

It is for M109R clutch...
    Last edited by thevili; 01-30-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

There has been a lot of talk about later model clutch on the M's and C's being updated in 2011. And that the 2011 upgrade will fit in the older bikes. The change is the number of clutch plates. More clutch plates, but these plates are a little thinner so the stack is the same thickness. The newer plates will fit in your basket. You do need to buy all new springs and spring bolts to go along with the new plates.

I bought the clutch plates, springs, and bolts to fix my chatter issue. Its still winter here so I haven't done it yet. I used this site and this diagram to order my parts. https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...876a488/clutch. I ordered all the plates shown in diagram. 10-5-9-12-13-6. also the springs 4 and bolts 14. I also ordered the cover gasket found on another diagram from same seller. It was expensive. But its all Factory Suzuki parts in factory sealed bags that came.

There maybe a cheaper solution but I'm happy I bought all factory parts. I plan to install over the next several weeks before spring.

So I did some background checking and if I remember correctly I found the 2008 C109 had less clutch plates in the diagram matching what the older M models had, but the 2009 diagram had more plates and identical to the 2011 M109. I think the C109 had the updated clutch the whole time and was later incorporated into the M109s bikes in 2011 to fix the problem they were having. Its that or the web site had just automatically updated the 2009 C109 with the latest clutch pack. I haven't been inside my bike yet to know whats there. But if you do a parts comparison to the 2011 M109 you'll find the 2009 C109 is already using those parts according to the parts diagram I ordered from.

Hope this helps
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Why didn't you replace all the clutch plates, from the numbers you listed you didn't order all the clutches.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109R