Shout out from SoCal

Thread: Shout out from SoCal

Default Shout out from SoCal

Hey all, just bought a 06 109 with relatively low miles. Stepping up from a 05 M50. I have ridden motorcycles in the dirt since I was a teenager but never rode on the street much until a few years ago. I am 52 now. This is my way of beating the miserable CA traffic. My 25 mile commute to work would take as much as 2 hours in my truck. Now it's 45 minutes or less on the bike. I wish I would have thought of it a long time ago. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing the 109 experience!
    Peace,
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations and welcome to the forum Mike! What part of California are you in? I ask because I am planning on visiting California and I may pick your brain on things to do and see near you.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Hey buddy, I'm in Riverside. About 30 minutes from LA, or maybe more like an hour with California traffic. Lol I'd be happy to point out some local fun spots. Or just some good roads to ride. I would even like to go riding with you if I could get the time off work. 😀

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Hey buddy, I'm in Riverside. About 30 minutes from LA, or maybe more like an hour with California traffic. Lol I'd be happy to point out some local fun spots. Or just some good roads to ride. I would even like to go riding with you if I could get the time off work. 😀
    Mike,
    No riding for me as I sold my 9 3 1/2 years ago as well as my house and all of it’s contents. To live full time on the road to see our beautiful country. But I LOVED it for the 10 years that I owned it. And because of my travels, I have met some 9 owners that I have known on the forum for a long time.
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

& to the Family Mike! We have a saying here..........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82D97B76-1701-4201-BF21-B2472005E200.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	381716
    My son moved back to Riverside last month after living eight years in Redding. Lane splitting cuts the commute time, I’m glad I don’t need it here in Carolina. Shiny side up!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

rynosback, I can certainly give some suggestions of things to see and do while you're here. There's so much in CA. What are your interests?

BIG MIKE, thanks for the welcome. I will try to remember to post pics! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    rynosback, I can certainly give some suggestions of things to see and do while you're here. There's so much in CA. What are your interests?
    We like unique, corky things and Nature. And ofcoarse the best of the local cuisine, non franchised.
    CLICK HERE

Welcome aboard.
    Have you gotten a chance to ride any
    of the mountain trails /roads/ out your way
    or is that not around where you live.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I just started a new job plus it's been an unusual year so far with all this rain in SoCal. Yes, though, there are some great rides nearby. The Ortega highway (74) is a blast to cruise. Lots of twists and turns. Lots of good roads here if you don't mind the California traffic. But hey, you can legally split lanes here which makes you feel like a VIP on the road! lol Nothing really compares to the Blue Ridge Parkway (400+ miles with no stop signs) but still many good rides here.
    Mike