Need A New Seat, Is Corbin the Answer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need A New Seat, Is Corbin the Answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Just style. He said he thought the black would look better then bomber black on my bike, too many different shades of grey on a grey bike.
    The seat was a real pain to lock into place, really had to put some pressure to get it to snap in, then getting it off again was worse, thought I was going to snap my key.

I think you made the right choice ..they all come snug and loosen up as you break them in..put some pressure on it when you turn the key also or you will snap it...it will loosen up,don’t worry
    Stav

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Just style. He said he thought the black would look better then bomber black on my bike, too many different shades of grey on a grey bike.
    The seat was a real pain to lock into place, really had to put some pressure to get it to snap in, then getting it off again was worse, thought I was going to snap my key.

Yea, they are pretty tight initially. I still have to press down on the back of the seat in order to turn the key to unlock it. My girlfriend has a 2014 matte grey yamaha Stryker, she ended up getting the black bomber jacket color as well. When we put the two seats next to each other, hers clearly has darker shades, almost makes mine look like the grey bombers jacket color. After seeing them side by side, I wish mine had the darker shades, but still happy overall.

Yeah, my Corbin was also stiff as hell. It took some serious pressure to lock it down. Glad to see that is normal. I did get the Black Bomber Jacket for the seat. It turned out pretty good with the blue/black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FC5C7B6-245F-43B1-A508-9B0235C5E11D_1549821237157.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	382006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C158442A-0BAB-4924-9359-608DD9AD1234_1549821262844.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	382008  

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have a Corbin seat too, I had it recovered and it has been great. I agree that it does take a good amount of pressure to lock down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2006 Blurple M109R

Very Active Member grimreaper_72's Avatar

I've had stock gel and now my Corbin, Corbin is the best by far
    Blue led lighting, chrome caliper covers, cobra FI2000R, cobra swepts with modified baffels, homemade air intakes, removed air box, blocked off pair valves, kukryan hand grips, Yani Shaki 2" risers, 2" bones, spike tree covers, kuryakyn front pegs, cycle house short kickstand, 5" monster tach, arlen ness tear drop mirrors, livin life like a gazzelle

Corbin's factory is right up the road in Hollister. They do a great job and I've used them on many of my bikes. I've also had good luck with LePera Seats (I used one on my 2008 Wide Glide)...You can't go wrong with Corbin...PEACE SAFE

I had a stock seat, a gel seat and an ultimate seat (sorry, I never tried a corbin). I loved the ultimate seat.
    2010 M109R LE - Hard Krome American Classics, gel seats, debeavered, cobra case guards, cobra std sissy bar, kaoko cruise control, Fi2000r, spike intakes, X-TRE, 250 rear