M109 Rider Forums banner

$@#%&

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  tonymontanna1983 
#1 ·
A big f you to reinstalling the airbox.The front boot super easy to get on, but the one closet to the seat is a pain! Took me over 2 hours to align the m'fer. :swear:

#2 ·
The point is that YOU did it and saved yourself a ton of money think of it that way!:bigthumbsup:

#4 ·
I know this won't help you now, but after having removed/installed my airbox several times, I found it easier to seat the rear boot, then give the airbox a sharp push forward. I've done this the last two times and has worked. Giving the airbox a sharp push forward pushes the front boot just far enough past the throttle body intake that it drops down and seats itself when returning to it's normal position. I normally put some silicone lube on the boots before re-installing to help the process.

#8 · (Edited)
Had to do it back in the spring when the bike overheated due to a stuck thermostat and blew the o-rings for the cylinders. Just some friendly advice, put the hose clamps back on in away so they can be loosened with the air box installed. Had the 90° elbow between the cylinders blow out about two months later and spent three hours in the parking lot of K-Mart replacing it with a cut down automotive hose since I had all the clamps facing up. Lots of foul words were spoken and bleeding knuckles.

#10 ·
I realize this is an older thread, but was wondering if anyone had any pics or videos of the Airbox removal/install process. I'm going to be removing an old Cobra Fi2000 Auto Fuel tuner tomorrow (Since I now have a Berin_C_Sparky ECU flash) and will need to do this to access it. Everything I've heard and read about the reinstall (including this thread) is it is one serious PITA...though it seems there are a few good tricks to do it. Would love to see some pics or video before I get started.

Thanks,
Michael

#14 ·
I must have gotten lucky. I had to pull mine off to remove my PCIII due to how whoever installed it previously zip tied stuff under the box. I tried my hardest not to do because of how much I’ve read about what a pita it is. I have to say, mine went back on pretty damn easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.