Tucson and Phoenix area
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Tucson and Phoenix area

  1. #1
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Question Tucson and Phoenix area

    I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas. I will be traveling through Tucson and Phoenix on my way to California in January. I wanted to find out from the locals if there are any must sees or do’s and local places to eat. Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

    Keep the sunny side up.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,743

    Default

    1. Tombstone
    2. Bisbee Copper Mine - Bisbee
    3. Nogales, MX if you want to go to Mexico that is.
    4. Air & Space Museum - Tucson
    5. Airplane Graveyards - Tucson
    6. Barrett Jackson Car Auction - Scottsdale
    7. Camelback Mountain Hike - Phoenix (good workout and it puts on top of the mountain in the middle of phoenix)
    8. Prescott, AZ - Town Square, eat at Prescott Brewing Company. Awesome food and beer. A lot of little shops
    9. Sedona, AZ - pretty scenery and shops to see

    But just shoot me a text if you want more.........

  4. #3
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    1. Tombstone
    2. Bisbee Copper Mine - Bisbee
    3. Nogales, MX if you want to go to Mexico that is.
    4. Air & Space Museum - Tucson
    5. Airplane Graveyards - Tucson
    6. Barrett Jackson Car Auction - Scottsdale
    7. Camelback Mountain Hike - Phoenix (good workout and it puts on top of the mountain in the middle of phoenix)
    8. Prescott, AZ - Town Square, eat at Prescott Brewing Company. Awesome food and beer. A lot of little shops
    9. Sedona, AZ - pretty scenery and shops to see

    But just shoot me a text if you want more.........
    Thanks Shane, I did shoot you a text.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    1. Tombstone
    2. Bisbee Copper Mine - Bisbee
    3. Nogales, MX if you want to go to Mexico that is.
    4. Air & Space Museum - Tucson
    5. Airplane Graveyards - Tucson
    6. Barrett Jackson Car Auction - Scottsdale
    7. Camelback Mountain Hike - Phoenix (good workout and it puts on top of the mountain in the middle of phoenix)
    8. Prescott, AZ - Town Square, eat at Prescott Brewing Company. Awesome food and beer. A lot of little shops
    9. Sedona, AZ - pretty scenery and shops to see

    But just shoot me a text if you want more.........
    Is the Bisbee copper mine a bar or an actual mine?
    can I use your name to get me on the base in Tucson?
    Last edited by rynosback; 12-28-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  7. #5
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Is the Bisbee copper mine a bar or an actual mine?
    can I use your name to get me on the base in Tucson?
    Its an actual mine that you can take tours down into.
    http://www.queenminetour.com/




    Nope, can't help you with the Davis-Mothan AFB in Tucson. They don't like Army guys.

  8. #6
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Default

    Just arrived in Tucson today!! Any other ideas?
    Thanks for your contribution Shane.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  9. #7
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Default

    Any one in the Tucson area should drive the Sky Island byway to Mt. Lemmon. It is a GRAT drive that goes through 4 different life zones (desert, grassland, woodland and forest) in a less then an hour. Climbing up to over 8,000 feet. It was great in a car but would be even better on a bike as there is a ton of twisties.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAEB6554-6ED4-469E-8CF8-BB17BF0D0F5C.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	381750

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECFE8AF7-7AA1-4B20-89E5-38D869432C4E.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	381752

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31C9F4ED-9619-4522-AE22-72F2BE0BEBDB.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	381754
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  10. #8
    Active Member Dave Royle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tucson Az.
    Posts
    46

    Default Try kitt peak solar observatory

    Its a fun ride. Lots to look at. Largest solar telescope in the world I think. You can go inside it and check it out. Others as well! Lots of twisties.

  11. #9
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Royle View Post
    Its a fun ride. Lots to look at. Largest solar telescope in the world I think. You can go inside it and check it out. Others as well! Lots of twisties.
    Thanks. Maybe next time I go through Tucson. I am in Phoenix now.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

  12. #10
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    AVRiders in Pheonix is a great place to rent a bike, lots of different types to choose from


    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  13. #11
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    AVRiders in Pheonix is a great place to rent a bike, lots of different types to choose from


    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •