Poor engine performance at medium engine speeds

Thread: Poor engine performance at medium engine speeds

Default Poor engine performance at medium engine speeds

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Hello everyone! I am writing through a translator, so errors are possible.
    problem at the last engine rpm. on fast turns and idling all is well.
    replaced the candles, all the filters - nothing has changed.

bad gas? clogged injectors or if its carburetor clogged jets.
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo removed,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4,M109R swing arm cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake with K-n"s, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl,

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Solovev View Post
    Hello everyone! I am writing through a translator, so errors are possible.
    problem at the last engine rpm. on fast turns and idling all is well.
    replaced the candles, all the filters - nothing has changed.
    Did you change all 4 "candles"= spark plugs?

Is your FI indicator light ON, by any chance??
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Yes, I changed 4 spark plug.
    changed the gasoline filter and air filters.
    the injector is clean, the nozzles are perfect.
    FI - does not burn.

compression and plug wires aka coils
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo removed,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4,M109R swing arm cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake with K-n"s, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl,

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

What plugs did you use? Some have had bad luck with Iridium plugs doing what you are describing

CR7EK - ngk,
    before replacing the spark plug was the same

Anyone help me?

I would start by testing the coils and the spark plug leads (wires) first. If everything checks out there, and while you have the tank off, you should inspect all the wire connectors to make sure all the pins are in place and none of the connectors have pulled out of the housings that retain them. This is a problem with the "M" when removing the gas tank, there is a connector where it is common for the wire to pull out of the housing, but still look like it's attached. Just some ideas for you to check out. Good luck.
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

I also have that spudder at mid range. While ridding at moderate speed say 3rd gear and the engine has balanced with RPMs to throttle position ill start to feel and hear it a little. I am also curious if there is a real problem or if its just an inherent quirk of our bikes with the high compression ratio. I have no loss of power when I want it and it sounds great as long as the engine is under load. Its only when the RPMs are balanced with throttle position. Don't know how else to express that. I know my engine is running well. Just today I was ridding with a buddy. He has a Indian Chieftain. He had the performance Cams installed and brags about how much more power his bike has now and how he cant keep the rear wheel from spinning thru all his gears. Yeah well.....He couldn't pull away from me today. We never had a real chance to run out, but 1st-3rd from a slow start I was faster. LOL.
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNG View Post
    I also have that spudder at mid range. While ridding at moderate speed say 3rd gear and the engine has balanced with RPMs to throttle position ill start to feel and hear it a little. I am also curious if there is a real problem or if its just an inherent quirk of our bikes with the high compression ratio. I have no loss of power when I want it and it sounds great as long as the engine is under load. Its only when the RPMs are balanced with throttle position. Don't know how else to express that. I know my engine is running well. Just today I was ridding with a buddy. He has a Indian Chieftain. He had the performance Cams installed and brags about how much more power his bike has now and how he cant keep the rear wheel from spinning thru all his gears. Yeah well.....He couldn't pull away from me today. We never had a real chance to run out, but 1st-3rd from a slow start I was faster. LOL.
    Most riders believe that this is a breakdown of high-voltage wires. I will experience everything in the spring. we have winter so far, very cold.
    I hope this topic will be relevant and we will find a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNG View Post
    What is your exhaust system? Is power commander or fi2000 installed? exhaust is drilled on my motorcycle, but the injection control system is not installed, can this be the case?

go to Dealer Mode see page 72 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw2...lXQTNRcU0/view

or http://ge.tt/1dsjrLv2

Self-Diagnostic Procedures
    Page 81

DTC Table
    Page 89 ......

TP Sensor Adjustment page 203
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 04-02-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter";3977800]go to Dealer Mode see page 72 [URL]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw2H4asOoJ3vZEVmOXlXQTNRcU0/view[/URL]

or [URL="http://ge.tt/7HbjoLv2
    http://ge.tt/1dsjrLv2[/URL]

Self-Diagnostic Procedures
    Page 81

DTC Table
    Page 89 ......

TP Sensor Adjustment page 203
    Correct position...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190524_144256_1558698387289.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	383874