Self cancelling turn signal module
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self cancelling turn signal module

Default Self cancelling turn signal module

Hi All, anyone ever heard anything about https://safer-turn.com/smart-turn-system/ ? My previous bike a Suzuki M95 aka kawi meanstreak had self cancelling signals stock. Either I just got used to having them, or am getting older and not wiser. Either way I catch myself occasionally leaving them on. I stumbled onto this online, and makes me say hmm, for $50, it would be a no brainer, but $100, dunno. Anyone ever tried something like this?
    Thanks,
    Dean

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Not sure how I feel about this? I never had that option so that's my conflict. I do see the saftey in it so it is a possibility.
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo removed,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4,M109R swing arm cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake with K-n"s, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl,

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

If it actually works I could sure use this now.

I have always been a one to get onto others who ride with their turn signals blinking, sooner or later a car is going to think you are turning and will pull out or turn in front of you.

But ever since I mounted my tablet on the handlebars of my bike it covers up my directional indicators so I now find that I am the one occasionally riding with my turn signal blinking.

I try to stay on top of this but sometimes I am just enjoying the ride and forget to turn the darn thing off.

Might look into this device after the holidays, if anyone else gets it please let me know what you think.

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I had that STS installed on my 06 M109R, and it was great. At first it took me a little while to get usd to not pushing the turn signal switch to turn the signals off. It worked perfectly no matter what type of turn I made, ei...making a turn, changing lanes, or navigating through a roundabout. The signals would turn off promptly after I completed my maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by VzrDean1800 View Post
    Hi All, anyone ever heard anything about https://safer-turn.com/smart-turn-system/ ? My previous bike a Suzuki M95 aka kawi meanstreak had self cancelling signals stock. Either I just got used to having them, or am getting older and not wiser. Either way I catch myself occasionally leaving them on. I stumbled onto this online, and makes me say hmm, for $50, it would be a no brainer, but $100, dunno. Anyone ever tried something like this?
    Thanks,
    Dean
    I was considering those, but at the end I chose

these mirrors and doubled up on my safety...:

M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post

How do you find the brightness? I've been looking at those

Maybe I misunderstood the product Dean posted.......I thought this was an aftermarket module that worked in conjunction with the turn signals you presently have.

Granted I just glanced at it and did not read the post very well so maybe I need to revisit that.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    How do you find the brightness? I've been looking at those
    I am very satisfied, check there yourself on YouTube...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvKltn-MfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VniqIS35Clg
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood the product Dean posted.......I thought this was an aftermarket module that worked in conjunction with the turn signals you presently have.

Granted I just glanced at it and did not read the post very well so maybe I need to revisit that.

BCS
    You didn’t misunderstand Dean’s post. It was clearly about the use of the STS module that works with just about any Turn Signals to prevent the rider from having to manually turn the signals off.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 12-15-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    You didnt misunderstand Deans post. It was clearly about the use of the STS module that works with just about any Turn Signals to prevent the rider from having to manually turn the signals off.
    Sweet.....that's what I would be looking for.

Thanks for the clarification......I am busy today and just have not had time to sit down and look into it with any detail myself yet.

BCS

looks very interesting and the deceleration one too

Only problem would be I'd still be looking for the signal indicator as there is no cure for OCD

I had that STS installed on my 06 M109R, and it was great. At first it took me a little while to get usd to not pushing the turn signal switch to turn the signals off. It worked perfectly no matter what type of turn I made, ei...making a turn, changing lanes, or navigating through a roundabout. The signals would turn off promptly after I completed my maneuvers.
    Exactly the info I was looking for, I may just give it a try.
    Thanks,
    Dean

looks very interesting and the deceleration one too

Only problem would be I'd still be looking for the signal indicator as there is no cure for OCD
    Exactly, for me it's just a habit to turn the signals off. Only bikes I ever had with self cancelling, I didn't like them. Just like the ones for cages, sometimes they turn off early. I prefer turning them off manually, myself. OCD for sure.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Most of my bikes do not have self-canceling turn signals, so I often get confused and either turn off the self-canceling signals or forget that the signals are blinking. I was able to connected relatively loud beepers on some of my bikes (Sonalert) that sounds when the signals are working. They are difficult to hear over 50 mph. And on my 2006 Nine, I couldn't get it to work with the signals. However I suspect the problem was because I have aftermarket combination tail lights and signals. The Sonalert is about $10.

The Smart Brake System seems more useful.

may as well get both

Maybe I misunderstood the product Dean posted.......

I thought this was an aftermarket module that worked in conjunction with the turn signals you presently have.

BCS
    My apologies if someone thinks my post was , but I was reacting to the OPs

remark: ..."Either way I catch myself occasionally leaving them(signals) on."...

These kind of mirrors with LEDs inside the mirror itself are in line of my vision

so I instantly see them, and turn them off.

Therefore = signal remainder + extra visibility... JMHO
    Last edited by thevili; 12-16-2018 at 02:24 PM.

My apologies if someone thinks my post was , but I was reacting to the OPs

remark: ..."Either way I catch myself occasionally leaving them(signals) on."...

These kind of mirrors with LEDs inside the mirror itself are in line of my vision

so I instantly see them, and turn them off.

Therefore = signal remainder + extra visibility... JMHO
    No problem, all good.
    I just thought I had things mixed up.

BCS

These are the mirrors I was running on Big Red, they are very small and you can't see ***** out of them.

After getting the new bike back together I never put the mirrors on and have been riding without any on the bike at all, I kind like the look with no mirrors.

Back in the day when we were young and dumb the first thing we would do when we got a bike is pull the mirrors off and throw them away.

Guess I am regressing back to my youthful days.

Eventually I am sure the mirrors will make their way back onto the bars though. (Need some place to hang my helmet)

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	Mirrors.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	381320
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 12-16-2018 at 03:07 PM.

I couldn't ride without mirrors. Huge safety issue

Me either. I'd be extremely paranoid not beibng able to see behind me. I even have those little wide angle mirrors on the bigger ones, so I can see what's beside me in the blind spots. Don't have to turn my head, can see a vehicle in my peripheral vision and those blind spot mirrors at the same time. Be lost without them. You can just make them out in the photo below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_3861.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	381350
    Last edited by cbxer55; 12-16-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I dont like any style or brand of mirrors. Im more of the sleek, clean look from front to rear on the bike. However, I still have something that functions as mirrors on all of my bikes. Heres a few pics of my 07 with the Alternate Mirror system I use.Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	381352Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	381354Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	381356

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not run mirrors on almost every bike I have owned in the past.

Always turn my head before I change lanes and still do that today no matter if there are mirrors on the bike or not......never been a problem for me.

If you race motocross you don't have any mirrors and there are half a dozen other crazy bastards trying to come around you at a high rate of speed the entire time.

I do miss having mirrors if I happen to pass a at a high rate of speed or if a pulls in behind me on the road......can't keep an eye on what he is doing without mirrors. If you keep turning around to look and see where he is at it looks way to suspicious.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 12-16-2018 at 07:13 PM.

I dont like any style or brand of mirrors. Im more of the sleek, clean look from front to rear on the bike. However, I still have something that functions as mirrors on all of my bikes. Heres a few pics of my 07 with the Alternate Mirror system I use.Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	381352Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	381354Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	381356

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that is probably the first picture I have seen of any of your bikes Bobby.

Classic Black and lots of Chrome.......Looks really nice.

BCS

I think that is probably the first picture I have seen of any of your bikes Bobby.

Classic Black and lots of Chrome.......Looks really nice.

BCS
    Thank you Charles. I don’t post many pics of my bikes. However, once I get my 08’ back from Matt I’ll be sure to post several high-quality pics of all three of them. The day I took those pics (several years ago) it was a cloudy day with little to no sunshine most of the day. I had just finished cleaning and polishing the bike, and I was hoping to catch a short blast of sunshine to take some good pics. Regarding the color, the truth is it’s a deep, rich gloss black with rainbow flake incorporated into it. On a sunny day the paint job looks like a shiny black canvas with multi-colored fiber optic lights shining outward from inside the paint. When viewing the bike, the appearance and affect is different from every angle and from every level and type of light that hits the paint. It’s pretty neat.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 12-16-2018 at 08:06 PM.

I use my mirrors and still shoulder check

I use my mirrors and still shoulder check
    Thats the way it should be for sure.

I am certainly not advocating riding a bike without mirrors, that would be crazy.

Which is why I am able to do it.

Seriously though, mirrors do supply a huge safety factor and I am sure I will put the small ones I have back on the bike one of these days.

BCS

Thanks,
    Dean
    I bought these but due to the Canada Post disruption, they were delivered after I put my bike in storage. I read several reviews and watched some YouTube reviews before I pulled the trigger. They have a money back guarantee of 60 days. If you need to contact them for any reason, just message them through Facebook, they respond quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I bought these but due to the Canada Post disruption, they were delivered after I put my bike in storage. I read several reviews and watched some YouTube reviews before I pulled the trigger. They have a money back guarantee of 60 days. If you need to contact them for any reason, just message them through Facebook, they respond quickly.
    You bought both the brake light, and smart turn units? Any extra duties or taxes due on arrival?
    Dean

You bought both the brake light, and smart turn units? Any extra duties or taxes due on arrival?
    Dean
    Just the smart turn. I didn't pay any extra duty or taxes. Sign up for the email distribution list on their site and after some time they may send you promotions of 10-20% off.