Self cancelling turn signal module - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self cancelling turn signal module

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I don’t like any style or brand of mirrors. I’m more of the sleek, clean look from front to rear on the bike. However, I still have something that functions as mirrors on all of my bikes. Here’s a few pics of my 07’ with the Alternate Mirror system I use.
    A *camera* is your *mirrors*?! Omg - this forum is a merciless supply of cool ideas for sh#t I gotta buy for my bike!!

Very slick look indeed, and the camera-as-a-mirror is very clever. Well played.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I look at my mirrors more often than my speedometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    Same!

Never even considered, until reading this thread, that there was even any other way!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Just the smart turn. I didn't pay any extra duty or taxes. Sign up for the email distribution list on their site and after some time they may send you promotions of 10-20% off.

They've sent me a couple emails already with discounts

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    Yes, me as well. I just don't feel like I'm riding safe at all if I'm not paying attention to my 6. And also, like BCS said, even though I have blind spot mirrors on my somewhat small mirrors, and can see a vehicle in them and my peripheral vision at the same time, I still turn my head and look over my shoulders. Old habits die hard.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 12-19-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I just don't feel like I'm riding safe at all

Yes, this is how I ride most of the time also............"not feeling like I am riding safe at all"

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    A *camera* is your *mirrors*?! Omg - this forum is a merciless supply of cool ideas for sh#t I gotta buy for my bike!!

Very slick look indeed, and the camera-as-a-mirror is very clever. Well played.
    Thanks NSF. I had a local fabrication shop fabricate me a custom bracket to hold the hold monitor in place perfectly. It just so happens to be owned and operated by two good friends of mine, and they do masterful and flawless work.

Signal minder is another option. https://kisantech.com/signalminder.html

Has a bunch of options for making all the lights running lights, auto quick flashing the rear signals when you hit the brakes, controlling outputs based on how many times you hit the signal switch etc...

Just the smart turn. I didn't pay any extra duty or taxes. Sign up for the email distribution list on their site and after some time they may send you promotions of 10-20% off.
    They already have a $10 off discount code of “off10” built into their website for the STS item. So, as you process your order it will either automatically populate the discount, or allow you to input the discount code of “off10.” It will bring your cost for the STS item to $89 instead of $99.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    They already have a $10 off discount code of “off10” built into their website for the STS item. So, as you process your order it will either automatically populate the discount, or allow you to input the discount code of “off10.” It will bring your cost for the STS item to $89 instead of $99.
    If I recall, you enter the discount count. If you aren't in a rush, try holding out for the 20% off email, I got mine for 20% off. They even had a 30% off for Black Friday, but I had already ordered.

I'm chatting with the owner of STS and they are looking into getting a specific discount code for M109R users on this forum. I'll have more information tomorrow hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Macd7919 View Post
    Signal minder is another option. https://kisantech.com/signalminder.html

Has a bunch of options for making all the lights running lights, auto quick flashing the rear signals when you hit the brakes, controlling outputs based on how many times you hit the signal switch etc...
    A simpler alternative, dont have to find some level place to put it. The STS certainly is more advanced. And roughly similar in cost. Interesting.

I'm chatting with the owner of STS and they are looking into getting a specific discount code for M109R users on this forum. I'll have more information tomorrow hopefully.
    Back in my M95/meanstreak days, the guys there would often arrange for group buys, where if we could get a minimum number of people to buy at the same time, the price was significantly lower. I bought a bunch of stuff including things I likely wouldn't have otherwise that way for my 95.
    I'll check back to see how you make out.
    Dean
    Last edited by VzrDean1800; 12-20-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VzrDean1800 View Post
    Back in my M95/meanstreak days, the guys there would often arrange for group buys, where if we could get a minimum number of people to buy at the same time, the price was significantly lower. I bought a bunch of stuff including things I likely wouldn't have otherwise that way for my 95.
    Dean
    We've done that over at LightningRodder.com quite a bit as well. Although getting parts for a vehicle that ended production in 2004 is becoming difficult. Last group buy was for some custom-made tubular transmission cross members to replace the flat sheet metal stock one which cracks. $250 shipped. I got one, nice.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Dean
    I've also asked him about a group buy.

Back around 2007 to maybe 2009 there use to be lots of Group Buys conducted on this forum. We’ve pretty much gotten away from that since then, and we reallyneed to start it back up, especially when we know there are several members interested in the same item. It’s best to try it with more expensive items like the 300 Swingarm that quite a few members would like to purchase, but just don’t want to pay the exorbitant prices that are currently being charged. For instance, the Cycle House 2-Piece 300 Swingarm and the Cycle House 1-Piece Tubular 300 Swingarm through MEANCYCLES could be a good group buy if the price could be reduced by around $300 to $400 each.

Yeah, I've been eyeing those. Can't decide if I want the one-piece or two though.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 12-23-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Yeah, I've been eyeing those. Can't decide if I want the one-pice or two though.
    The 2-Piece is the best way to go, in my opinion, because it makes changing tires much easier, and it actually has a bit more clearance than the 1-Piece, so as to allow a better fit for the 300 tire mounted on a 10” wheel. The 1-Piece Tubular design requires some manual clearancing to be performed on the inside portion of the Swingarm to prevent the tire from rubbing. So, once you purchase it you have to modify it a bit, and then have whatever finish you chose (chrome or black) refinished, due to the clearancing that was done. So, in addition to an already very expensive Swingarm, you would have to modify it yourself, or pay someone to do it, and then pay to have it refinished. That’s just too much money and too much hassle. A part such as a Swingarm should be so precisely made that it should not require any additional work or modifications to be done to it. I like the look of the 1-Piece, but I would never purchase one, due to the issues associated with having to put any level of work into it, not to mention more money as well. I love the look of the 2-Piece and the convenience it provides. Just thought I would share that with you, so you would some information to help you make an informed decision.

There is no group buy but the owner has provided a code to enter at checkout: M109R20
    This applies 20% off and adds a lifetime warranty.

There is no group buy but the owner has provided a code to enter at checkout: M109R20
    The code can be used for anything on the site.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

The code worked just fine, I got 20% off and lifetime warranty.

But their checkout process seemed to have some conflict with my paypal.

I know there is money in the account......I contacted them but don't expect to hear from them till after Christmas.

I will try again after the New Year.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    The code worked just fine, I got 20% off and lifetime warranty.

But their checkout process seemed to have some conflict with my paypal.

I know there is money in the account......I contacted them but don't expect to hear from them till after Christmas.

I will try again after the New Year.

BCS
    Send a message on their Facebook page. They are fairly quick to respond there.

All ordered up! I wonder where a good spot to tuck the unit is going to be, that doesn't expose it to too much heat?

I bought the item with this coupon, it's 20% off but doesn't include shipping (it was $9). They had countered an offer I made on eBay, $85 with free shipping worldwide! In the end it cost me $4 more. I really need to quit buying things online when I've had a few drinks!
    Dean
    Last edited by VzrDean1800; 12-25-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Received the unit in the mail. Anyone who bought this do the install yet?

Time to recall this old Post! Has anyone who bought this started the install yet? Curious where folks are going to install the unit? I'll likely do mine in the next few weeks as the garage warms up. Might do a flash to pass garage door opener mod at the same time.
    Dean

I finally was able to install this last week. I ran 6 wires to the headlight nacelle and spliced the turn signals from there. I ran the wires back to under the seat just behind the ECU. I attached the module with velcro to the flat area just in front of the rear wheel, pulling the cable to the the ECU area to attach to the 6 wires. Make sure to zip tie the cable so that it doesn't pull back and get caught in the wheel.

With the signal itself, I used the small foam pieces but I still had to put a bit of pressure on the switch to activate the turn signal so I trimmed the foam so it was about 80% of its original width. That was perfect for me.

The device works exactly as advertised. For now, I'm still watching my signals like a hawk to make sure they cancel and they do, whether turning or lane changing. The only time it did not was after a very gradual lane change. It doesn't cancel immediately after making the lane change but after a couple flashes it will turn off. To cancel manually, simply press in the direction the signal is flashing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STS.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	383066

I finally was able to install this last week. I ran 6 wires to the headlight nacelle and spliced the turn signals from there. I ran the wires back to under the seat just behind the ECU. I attached the module with velcro to the flat area just in front of the rear wheel, pulling the cable to the the ECU area to attach to the 6 wires. Make sure to zip tie the cable so that it doesn't pull back and get caught in the wheel.

With the signal itself, I used the small foam pieces but I still had to put a bit of pressure on the switch to activate the turn signal so I trimmed the foam so it was about 80% of its original width. That was perfect for me.

The device works exactly as advertised. For now, I'm still watching my signals like a hawk to make sure they cancel and they do, whether turning or lane changing. The only time it did not was after a very gradual lane change. It doesn't cancel immediately after making the lane change but after a couple flashes it will turn off. To cancel manually, simply press in the direction the signal is flashing.

Name:	STS.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	383066
    Looks nice and clean. I wonder how waterproof the device is? Liable to get a good shower down there on the swingarm when driving in rain?
    Thanks,
    Dean

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Looks nice and clean. I wonder how waterproof the device is? Liable to get a good shower down there on the swingarm when driving in rain?
    Thanks,
    Dean
    For water proofing just fill with silicone. I did that with the Revo Knight Rider setup. It says it's not water proof and when I got to where Sledge lives on holidays last summer I washed my bike and afterward the Revo stopped working. I dried it out and filled every nook and cranny of the plastic box where wires come in and where the gap is between the two pieces of plastic for the box. Completely water proof now.

I ended up mounting mine beside the ECU. I used doubled velcro, and zip ties just to be sure. So far it works exactly as advertised.
    Dean

Name:	20190501_123715.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	383604