Battle of the Cruisers Dec. 19th 6 pm - 11 pm at Orlando Speed World
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Battle of the Cruisers Dec. 19th 6 pm - 11 pm at Orlando Speed World

  1. #1
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,048

    Default Battle of the Cruisers Dec. 19th 6 pm - 11 pm at Orlando Speed World

    "Battle of the Cruisers" will be held again this Wednesday at Orlando Speed World 6 PM - 11 PM

    Obviously I am not going to make it out there and I was the only 9 running last month........somebody needs to bring there 9 down there and represent.

    How bout it 4fun (John)? Get over there and get you some of that!!! (Maybe get your own wheel stand photo)

    I will be back for the January match up, hopefully breaking the 12 second mark this time, I keep shooting for it and some of the Harleys are running low 12's now so we 9'ers gotta do something about that.

    The Indian that ran 11.8's in October only ran low 12's in November so even he is within reach unless he digs deep and finds his mojo again.

    I gotta little something for them in January .....hopefully someone will go and keep the 9 alive and well at the track for Decembers top 10 run.

    Anyone with any cruiser is welcome to come and run on our list.

    There is a guy with a 650 who comes and runs, he knows he will not win, but he has a lot of fun.

    When you get to the staging area just look for any Cruiser that's lined up, ask them about the top 10 list and tell them you want in. (This is a side list and not affiliated with the official track itinerary)

    BCS

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    I really wish I was closer. Used to be a big drag race junky, but since I have gotten into bikes, drag racing has taken a back seat. But now that I have this Vmax (which is considered a cruiser), I will be looking forward to taking it to the track this spring and summer. I am going to start slowly at the 1/8 mile track that I was raised at. Then maybe I will give the 1/4 mile a try later on.

  4. #3
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I really wish I was closer. Used to be a big drag race junky, but since I have gotten into bikes, drag racing has taken a back seat. But now that I have this Vmax (which is considered a cruiser), I will be looking forward to taking it to the track this spring and summer. I am going to start slowly at the 1/8 mile track that I was raised at. Then maybe I will give the 1/4 mile a try later on.
    Its all the same, you're just shutting her down faster on one than the other.

    VMax will be some fun to run down the track for sure.

    BCS

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Its all the same, you're just shutting her down faster on one than the other.

    VMax will be some fun to run down the track for sure.

    BCS
    Probably about the same league as my B-King. Think the B-K is lighter than the -M. It's a definite wheelie king, when you're on the throttle, it wants to loft the front wheel so bad! So far, of all the bikes I've owned since 1976, it's the only bike I've ever had that actually scares me a bit when riding it WOT. Definitely have to keep your wits about you when going there.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  7. #5
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    When I finish my house I will have to get something with a bit more muscle also.

    The 9 is fun and I will always own one but 110 mph in the 1/4 does not really get your heart pumping all that fast.

    Still enjoyable trying to tweek the bike and your reflexes to beat your best times though.

    BCS

  8. #6
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    Yeah, the biggest issue with the Vmax is traction. It will wheelie also, but traction and spinning is the biggest concern. Most of the trap speeds that I have seen are in the 130+ range. Fastest that I have ever gone on 2 wheels was on my ZX14. It is the only bike that truly scared me. I am thinking the Vmax will be more along the lines of my ZZR1200 when it comes to power. The Vmax has more power, but it is gradual, like a freight train. While the ZX14 was brutal like sitting on a stick of dynomite.

  9. #7
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    The B-King is brutal. It has double injectors in each cylinder. And damn you can tell when them secondaries kick in. They come in around 4500 rpm, and depending on how much throttle is being applied, can carry up to 85% of the total fuel delivered. For instance, at 8500 rpm and 80% throttle, they deliver 75% of the fuel delivered. Kind of like the old four barrel carbs of yesteryear, with tiny primaries and YUUGGE secondaries. When you have the revs up and the throttle to the stop, your butt best be against the butt pad at the back of the seat, or you're going overboard. It's frickin downright scary, but I'm getting used to it. Don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  10. #8
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    I am really looking forward to taking the Vmax to the track now! I rode with 2 buddies for about 140 miles yesterday. One was on a FJR, the other was on an 07 M109 (one of the stronger ones that I have been on). As we would take off from each stop, I would turn up the wick a little each time. He finally pulled up to me and said, "see, you couldn't pull away as easily as you thought". I was barely going half throttle. So I decided to let him lead the last few miles so he could show me what he had. He lit it up a bit, and I played the dog chasing the rabbit. But throughout the entire time, I had to keep hitting the brakes just as I was about to get into the power band. So I know (that even with my poor driving skills) I am good for atleast a second- a second and a half better in the 1/4 mile time than he would be. Probably about 15+ mph better in trap speed. Only time will tell, but I am getting anxious.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am really looking forward to taking the Vmax to the track now! I rode with 2 buddies for about 140 miles yesterday. One was on a FJR, the other was on an 07 M109 (one of the stronger ones that I have been on). As we would take off from each stop, I would turn up the wick a little each time. He finally pulled up to me and said, "see, you couldn't pull away as easily as you thought". I was barely going half throttle. So I decided to let him lead the last few miles so he could show me what he had. He lit it up a bit, and I played the dog chasing the rabbit. But throughout the entire time, I had to keep hitting the brakes just as I was about to get into the power band. So I know (that even with my poor driving skills) I am good for atleast a second- a second and a half better in the 1/4 mile time than he would be. Probably about 15+ mph better in trap speed. Only time will tell, but I am getting anxious.
    Looks like someone got bit by the bug.


    BCS

  12. #10
    Very Active Member 4fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Spring Hill Florida
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I would love to but I can not. My wife and I are adopting a child and that is the night for our home inspection.
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo removed,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4,M109R swing arm cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake with K-n"s, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl,














  13. #11
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    I would love to but I can not. My wife and I are adopting a child and that is the night for our home inspection.
    Well that is certainly more important than drag racing.....good for you man.

    I have 4 - 8 more years and I should be an empty nest-er......love my kids but would be lying if I said I am not looking forward to the day.....LOL

    Good luck with your journey.

    And you will not be missing anything anyway, sounds like most are cancelling out for Decembers run for one reason or another.....everyone is busy this time of year.

    BCS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •