M109 Rider Forums banner

"NEW PRODUCT" REVO High-Performance Silicone Radiator Hose Setup

5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  foc3016 
#1 ·
Been busy these days and our new product "REVO High-Performance Silicone Radiator Hose Setup" finally done!
Azure Font Art Electric blue Logo

We design this silicone hose setup that can endure extreme pressures and temperatures in order to ensure that even modified motors maintain their peak horsepower by increasing the efficiency of the cooling system! Also, this silicone hose setup is directly replaced the stock rubber hose (total 10 hose, 8 for radiator 2 for oil cooler)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Hood
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

And silicone is a stable material not like rubber hoses are easy to cranking, becoming stiff, dry rotted. So I think this product is not only for performance but also help M109R owner save money!

I know there's some discussion about our price lately... so I do my best to offer a favorable price for anyone who loves our product.

10 stock rubber hose as ours cost about 140 USD, not including shipping cost. (I know maybe there's free shipping on some website, so I assume none). And our pricing this time is 180 USD including international shipping. 8)

leave message, any suggestion are welcome!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That is not a bad price at all for a complete set of silicone hoses for the M109.

The stock OEM hose set from Suzuki cost almost that price.

I just changed all my hoses and thermostat a few weeks ago, had I seen this set I would have purchased it instead for sure.

There are a lot of older M109R's out there still riding around on the original hoses......which is a disaster waiting to happen. (A few of mine were chaffed really bad and ready to break)

I think you will have no problem selling a lot of these.

BCS

#8 · (Edited)
That is not a bad price at all for a complete set of silicone hoses for the M109.

The stock OEM hose set from Suzuki cost almost that price.

I just changed all my hoses and thermostat a few weeks ago, had I seen this set I would have purchased it instead for sure.

There are a lot of older M109R's out there still riding around on the original hoses......which is a disaster waiting to happen. (A few of mine were chaffed really bad and ready to break)

I think you will have no problem selling a lot of these.

BCS
So my 2006 with stock hoses is a disaster waiting to happen? LOL! The year I bought my Nine, I was still riding a 1972 Suzuki GT-750J Water Buffalo, liquid cooled two stroke triple. It still had stock radiator hoses on it at 34 years old.

And what's with the different colors anyway? Not a one of them can be seen by anyone except the person taking the bike apart. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Not begrudging anyone for making these. You want em, go get em. I'll be keeping my invisible disaster waitint to happen, til the disaster actually happens.

#10 ·
There's nothing wrong with preventive maintenance. I'd prefer to do preventive maintenance and change worn out parts in my garage than being a 100 miles from home in the middle of nowhere stranded. I still have original hoses on my 07 but this got me thinking that I need to change my hoses this year. I'll definitely order this kit soon.

#11 ·
I definitely believe that the Silicone Radiator Hose Set is superior to the stock hoses, and would be a huge, long-lasting upgrade for the 9. In fact, I doubt the silicone hoses would ever need to be replaced, as long as the bike is stored and cared for properly.

In contrast though, why replace hoses now that have quite a bit more service life left on them? Why not get as much mileage out of the stock hoses as possible? As a matter of fact, I haven’t heard or read much at all about members here having had their stock radiator hoses fail. Most of our members store their 9s away in places that keep them very well protected from damaging/debilitating weather and climate conditions, while also servicing their 9s themselves, or having someone else service them routinely. This allows/helps our members to be abreast of things like frayed, cracked, or dry rotted hoses if/when they occur. As soon as any of mine begin showing signs of wear or aging, I’m having them replaced with the Silicone Radiator set immediately.

#12 ·
I think we may be collectively missing an important point about replacing perfectly functioning black rubber hoses with fancy custom new silicone ones.

Do our mufflers die before we replace them?
Do our rims break before we upgrade them?
Seat?
Light?
Air Intake...?
Lol.

I think maybe the marketing was just slightly off. Sure, some things are considered "upgrades" (brighter light, new ECU flash, more air intake...) but generally, a lot of stuff we replace isn't really because the old one is broken, it's because, for whatever reason, we mostly just want it to be different from whatever it currently is...
:bigthumbsup:

#17 ·
That's very true. And if these hoses were visible once installed, I'd do them tomorrow. LOL! But you cannot see one of them. Maybe those guys who've done the under tank air intakes could see one of them. But that's about it. They're hidden from view to everyone but the person taking the bike apart.

#13 ·
When I bought my 2008 I stripped the bike to redo a lot of wiring.

I found 2 coolant hoses with visible signs fo wear from vibration.

That is when I ordered all new hoses (maybe my bike is the only M109R that has any vibration) :joke:

Best $150 I spent on the bike as far as I am concerned.

Having a coolant hose brake during a 3 digit run 100 miles from home would not be any fun at all, and could very likely end up costing much more than $150.

I am the same way with my truck..... Hoses, Fluids, Brakes, Shocks, etc all get replaced long before they go bad.

This is just good engineering practice.......Working on a ship you learn early that maintenance is king and you keep your equipment in top notch shape......not wait for something to fail then replace it.

Getting stuck in the middle of the ocean due to a failure is no fun....been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Pretty sure Cbxer said he works on airplanes :eek:........hopefully the run it till it breaks mentality is not SOP at work.....if it is I need to know what airline. :p

BCS

#15 ·
In my opinion, if the stock hoses are not physically impaired, I see no reason to change them out. However, if/when they do appear to be worn to the point of being questionable, I would replace them with the new Silicone Radiator Hose Set. Additionally, who’s to say the Silicone Radiator Hose Set can’t become damaged and worn out over time? I love mods and upgrades, but I’m not too sure I would be in a hurry to do this one. Maybe on my next 9 project I’ll start off with this mod/upgrade since the bike is going to be totally torn apart anyway.

#16 · (Edited)
But BCS, I've been driving since 1976. I've never, not once, had a radiator hose on a car, truck or motorcycle go bad on me. Yes, I've replaced some that looked like they needed to be replaced. I won't replace them unnecessarily, with some funky colored hoses that no one can see, just for the sake of doing so. YMMV.

I had my bike apart last year, and replaced all the clamps on all the coolant hoses, as I had signs of leakage, as usual on these bikes. I saw not one hose that needed to be replaced. But, I keep my bike garaged when it's not being ridden. Park it in the shade whenever possible when out-and-about. Don't worry, I don't run them til they break. I run them until the appearance indicates they need to be replaced. Hasn't happened yet.

I work on military aircraft, not airlines. And when I work on them, I do so as if it were my airplane and I was the one flying it. I do in fact have a private pilot license, and have flown quite a few hours. The aircraft I work on are based on old Boeing 707's. Parts just aren't available for them these days. There's quite a few flying around with parts I made for them. I take pride in that. Take an old broken, cracked, corroded part off, reverse engineer it and make a new one, match drill it and put it on. It's way cool. I so enjoy doing what I do. I hope everyone enjoys their work as I do. Here lately, we had an aircraft with APU damage. The exhaust gasket leaked, and burnt a bunch of structure. Had to cut many parts off the aircraft and make replacement parts. Lot of work, still in process, but nearly done. Hopefully this weekend will see it complete. Doing the wrap-up work today and tomorrow.

I'm sure Rainy takes great pride in what he does. They are nice hoses, and if I were in need of some, I'd get them today. Was working on my nine's tank the other day, taking the BOULEVARD badges off and putting INTRUDER badges on. Tank wiggles pretty bad. Might want to get me some of those tank holders that he sells soon.

I see some have his headlight. Yet, there is no thread in his forum about it. Odds bodkins.

#19 · (Edited)
Rainey is on the up & up. To the best of my knowledge, he re-engineers existing products and has them produced in China, or repackages product (such as his clutch kit) and sells it as his product, however.
I have no experience personally with any of his products, but I have also never heard complaints about his products.

EDIT:
He also makes some badass exhaust systems!

#21 ·
Silicone hoses usually resist heat better and last longer than regular rubber hoses. But I doubt you'll ever notice the increased life from them. My stock hoses have been on the bike for 16 years now and they still look good. I'd do it if I wanted a different color, but not because they are better.

#22 ·
Realistically just looking for a replacement set .. without being financially fkd like I have been the past year ... Between work and parts I'm doing one to pay the other ... No profit ... Ect.. funny how penny pinching people can be for an attaboy ..

Probably going to go a route I'm familiar with ...

Odd things was it popped and really didn't do much other then spit a little on the crank case ..

Probably burned it up probably did damage but that's just the way I am now apparently between the homicides and suicides that fallows me and sht that breaks if I look at it wrong ... It really doesn't surprise me

The way you do guys like me in your life right is making sure their making a profit making sure what's going on around them isn't bad .. good and stability go a long long way ... Trust me .

Does a bad water pump sound like a rod knock ?

Sorry for the rant I just can't get out from this situation and people are just way to spiteful to help

#23 ·
I hope your luck gets better bro. I've never heard a water pump that made a noise like a rod knock. Is the knocking you hear when the bike is at idle, in neutral, and the clutch out? If so that's just the clutch hub springs rattling. That goes away when you pull the clutch in. Other than that it doesn't hurt anything.

#25 ·
Cold start ide believe I've heard it in neutral again I apologize shit hasn't stopped coming for about 3 years now and the way things are working I've constantly got at least one bike in the shop needing thousands of dollars of repairs at a time ... Really don't wanna go back to cars because I'll be expected to live in it ...

I'll look in to getting a set landed in about the same time the oem ones will come in ... Think I've spent about 3k in parts from over seas and at least that in shop fees to tune try and get it to fit

Thanks guys sorry about the bitching .. not super stoked about the 9 being down and out ..