Going Back to a 109!!

Thread: Going Back to a 109!!

Default Going Back to a 109!!

Well i tried to get away but she just keeps calling to me. Ive owned a 06 109 for 36k miles & a 09 109 for 35k and in the spring ill be riding a 2019 Boss 109! In between 109's ive owned a suzuki bandit, a 2015 road glide and a 2017 yamaha FZ 10. All great bikes but just not what i like to ride.
    Im looking forward to tearing down and building up another 9!!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

They tend to do that. I have owned an 06, 07, 08, and 13. I just sold the 13 about 3 weeks ago to pick up a Vmax. But I am sure I will be back. As long as you riding, it's all good.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Which color are you going with?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Which color are you going with?
    White with blue accents. Reminds me of the 09 le i had except for the black out.

Mike

Welcome back!
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Quote Originally Posted by 06MrMike View Post
    White with blue accents. Reminds me of the 09 le i had except for the black out.

Mike

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Welcome back!
    thanks rynosback, i remember reading and learning a lot about the 109 from your posts.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Welcome Back!!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Welcome back! I did the same thing sold mine for a busa. The missed her so bad i went and bought another 9!

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Welcome back, 3rd times the charm

thank you guys, the dealership will be here monday to pick up my fz-10 and the 2019 boss will be here in 2 weeks!!

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_0045.jpg†
Views:	43†
Size:	72.8 KB†
ID:	381486
    went down to sign the papers on the new bike today and shes still in the crate. Spent 15k and walked away with a t-shirt....hmmmm

Mike

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Nothing like that "New Bike Smell" LOL

Not that I would know anything about that. I have bought a few new trucks in my life but have yet to purchase a brand new bike right out of the crate.......maybe one day......Lotto is tonight so who knows.

Enjoy your new ride (and the 15k T-shirt)

BCS

going to be a while before riding season but she finally showed up safe and sound. A blank canvas!!

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg†
Views:	34†
Size:	80.6 KB†
ID:	382200Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_0162.jpg†
Views:	41†
Size:	65.9 KB†
ID:	382202Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg†
Views:	36†
Size:	60.7 KB†
ID:	382204Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_0168.jpg†
Views:	32†
Size:	48.0 KB†
ID:	382206

Nice

Let the mods begin

Pretty sweet - congratulations and welcome back.
    I see this a fair bit in here - riders experimenting with other rides, then eventually coming back to what they missed. As I don't belong to any other forums (except KLR650... which is an entirely different animal... ha) I don't know how many riders leave 109 and stay gone or leave another bike to try a '9 and eventually return to their other bike.

I'd like to think it is maybe because the M109R looks, rides and mods so differently than anything else, that it hosts its own sweet-spot for riders so inclined; which then also makes me happy to think I ended up hooked on the "right" one as my first new bike.

thanks rynosback, i remember reading and learning a lot about the 109 from your posts.
    Thanks Mike. There is a TON of great information and a lot of people that contribute to this forum. This forum has the best members on the web.

Congratulations and the bike looks great!

Side note, WTF Suzuki!! You black out all of the covers on the left side but you forgot to black out the derby cover. The 9 is so sexy and well designed, how can you overlook this detail?
    Last edited by rynosback; 02-26-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Pretty sweet - congratulations and welcome back.
    I see this a fair bit in here - riders experimenting with other rides, then eventually coming back to what they missed. As I don't belong to any other forums (except KLR650... which is an entirely different animal... ha) I don't know how many riders leave 109 and stay gone or leave another bike to try a '9 and eventually return to their other bike.

I'd like to think it is maybe because the M109R looks, rides and mods so differently than anything else, that it hosts its own sweet-spot for riders so inclined; which then also makes me happy to think I ended up hooked on the "right" one as my first new bike.
    This is my 3rd 9 and I think itís a combination of things that make you come back. 1) there are only a couple of cruisers with power up there with the 9. 2) none of them get close to the 9 in the looks department. 3) you can get onto a 9 at a way lower price point and if you look good with some good mods already on it. 4) the ease of maintenance is a plus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
    This is my 3rd 9 and I think itís a combination of things that make you come back. 1) there are only a couple of cruisers with power up there with the 9. 2) none of them get close to the 9 in the looks department. 3) you can get onto a 9 at a way lower price point and if you look good with some good mods already on it. 4) the ease of maintenance is a plus as well.
    Since my last 9(09le) ive ridden a 15 roadglide and a 17 FZ10,both had there strong points but neither had any WOW factor. To me the 9 is a combination of both of those bikes in a better looking wrapper than each of them. Not to mention that ive done all the major upgrades to the older model 9's such as ,push pin clutch shudder mod,front motor mounts,shift star etc.....
    Im hoping Suzuki ironed some of those issues out but if not,i know what to expect and how to fix it.
    The only issue i have is what rynosback said.... they couldnt come up with a black engine cover for the BOSS!

mike

The only issue i have is what rynosback said.... they couldnt come up with a black engine cover for the BOSS!
    They leave the derby cover and turn signals shiny to remind you how much better the bikes looks chromed instead of blacked out.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    They leave the derby cover and turn signals shiny to remind you how much better the bikes looks chromed instead of blacked out.

BCS
    Those is fighting words.

Mine was pretty chromed out. But I think it is more upkeep to keep the chrome shine like it should. Blacked out bikes and trucks are growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Those is fighting words.

Mine was pretty chromed out. But I think it is more upkeep to keep the chrome shine like it should. Blacked out bikes and trucks are growing on me.
    Yea I am still having a hard time getting my head around it.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few very nice looking Boss 109s out there, that have been done up in good taste that I can appreciate.

But just every stock or lightly modded bike all blacked out.....it just washes the bike out to me and takes away the pop a bike accessorized with chrome gives off.

Different strokes for different folks though.....that's what makes the world go round.

BCS

Dirt, dust, bugs, and grime show up almost just as bad on black as it does with chrome. CBXER55 will attest to that, after getting his set of black wheels for his 9. His bike looks great, but he says itís a lot of work keeping the wheels clean looking. I think you can limit your cleaning time on any bike, by staying on top of doing a 5 minute wipe down after a good ride.

I also prefer chrome over the blacked out look. However, the combination of both by way of the contrast-cut look is absolutely amazing. It sort of provides the best of both the chrome and blacked out worlds all in one amazing finished look.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Dirt, dust, bugs, and grime show up almost just as bad on black as it does with chrome. CBXER55 will attest to that, after getting his set of black wheels for his 9. His bike looks great, but he says itís a lot of work keeping the wheels clean looking. I think you can limit your cleaning time on any bike, by staying on top of doing a 5 minute wipe down after a good ride.

I also prefer chrome over the blacked out look. However, the combination of both by way of the contrast-cut look is absolutely amazing. It sort of provides the best of both the chrome and blacked out worlds all in one amazing finished look.
    I like the contrast cut on Lazlo bike.

Name:	AB8F5E02-3336-4A3D-84D7-3F058086ACC3.jpg†
Views:	28†
Size:	63.2 KB†
ID:	382298

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I like the contrast cut on Lazlo bike.

Name:	AB8F5E02-3336-4A3D-84D7-3F058086ACC3.jpg†
Views:	28†
Size:	63.2 KB†
ID:	382298
    Thatís nice Big Mike, but a few of my most favorite contrast-cut dressed bikes belong to IceBox, Poseidon, and Phatm9.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Thatís nice Big Mike, but a few of my most favorite contrast-cut dressed bikes belong to IceBox, Poseidon, and Phatm9.
    I agree Bobby. Poseidon was on his Victory at the MAM 2018 but Phatm9 had that phat azz 300!

I added another bike to the stable but I'm keeping my 9. Seems like there are withdrawal symptoms after not having a 9 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I agree Bobby. Poseidon was on his Victory at the MAM 2018 but Phatm9 had that phat azz 300!
    Yes, Markís bike is extremely impressive in every aspect and detail of his bike, and Poseidon did an excellent job of coordinating his combination of contrast-cut components on his 9. I love what both of them have done with their bikes.

By the way, Iím extremely close to having my bike back (itís about 99.5% complete) after a very long journey of getting it to this level I had envisioned over 6 years ago, when I first bought the bike used. It now has a ton of one-off custom work completed on it, in addition to the whole 300 on a 10Ē rear and 160/60 on 4.25Ē front setup. In fact, Matt and I are doing something unique with my Corbin Rider and Passenger Backrests that I havenít seen or heard of before. We also have just two other small tasks to complete on the bike, and it will be finished. Pictures and videos will be coming soon after I pick it up. It doesnít have a contrast-cut theme, but itís loaded with lots of chrome and crushed chrome throughout the entire bike, and I am very happy with the way it has turned out. I thought I was going to pick it up this weekend, but we found a couple of things that needed to be either improved or repaired, so Iíll pick it up one day next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    I added another bike to the stable but I'm keeping my 9. Seems like there are withdrawal symptoms after not having a 9 anymore.
    Iím glad to hear/read/know youíve decided to keep your 9 Bro. There are a bunch of other very nice bikes out there, but thereís simply and truly nothing out there quite like an M109R.