Model Help... variance and differences - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model Help... variance and differences

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    The metal ones are 2 different sizes, you put a large and small on each side of the bike.

One is just a bit larger (wider) than the other.

BCS
    Well, will have to check. Only had them off once in the spring

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Well, will have to check. Only had them off once in the spring
    Yup. Had mine 12 years and those covers were off one time. Soon to be off again once these new metal ones show up.

As for the metal ones being two different sizes, how does one know where to put the larger ones versus the smaller ones? The mounting brackets will be identical. Interesting conundrum!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Yup. Had mine 12 years and those covers were off one time. Soon to be off again once these new metal ones show up.

As for the metal ones being two different sizes, how does one know where to put the larger ones versus the smaller ones? The mounting brackets will be identical. Interesting conundrum!
    I will get some pics of my bike for you tomorrow.

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My bike comes apart about once a month when I am home to clean and polish everything.

BCS

My bike comes apart about once a month when I am home to clean and polish everything.

BCS
    And I thought I was anal! Only reason I ever noticed one of my four sparky covers was rippled was because I took them off to change the spark plugs for the first time ever, after owning it 11 years. LOL!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Default Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    You can double check this, but I think the 2010 is the exact same as the 2011 that was sold in the US. Even the LE edition for 2010 had the same color scheme as the 2011 LE. I am 99% sure that this is correct. Welcome to the group.
    This was what I was starting to suspect with the things I'd heard here and the other rumblings around the traps.
    Wondering if Suzuki didn't use Australia as an pre-release/experiment before RoW.

The above makes a fair bit of sense from what I've seen.

If your bike came from Suzuki with the tac located in the head light bucket and with a gear indicator then you would use the same X-TRE as the 2011.

http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=225512

It seems most of these parts are coming from the USA and we did not get the 2010 model here, which is why they list the part starting at 2011 model year.

BCS
    If the comment 1 or 2 above yours fits is true then this would fit.
    I'm tempted to contact Suzuki home rather than Australia and ask them. I can confirm the taco With gear indicator are in the headlight bucket, and it just forward of the risers.
    I'll probably be getting my mech to look at it in a week or so.

Thanks for the feedback.

Default Deals on deals

And I thought I was anal! Only reason I ever noticed one of my four sparky covers was rippled was because I took them off to change the spark plugs for the first time ever, after owning it 11 years. LOL!
    Glad you and Bering_C_Sparky were able to sort a deal out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokir View Post
    If the comment 1 or 2 above yours fits is true then this would fit.
    I'm tempted to contact Suzuki home rather than Australia and ask them. I can confirm the taco With gear indicator are in the headlight bucket, and it just forward of the risers.
    I'll probably be getting my mech to look at it in a week or so.

Thanks for the feedback.
    2010 model was also sold in Canada. That one had tach moved to the

headlight bucket, had improved clutch, and had 5 spoke wheels.

So If your bike looks like that, then you need X-TRE and Ausie Suzuki was correct.

As said before, USA did not have 2010 model sold at all.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    2010 model was also sold in Canada. That one had tach moved to the
    headlight bucket, had improved clutch, and had 5 spoke wheels.

So If your bike looks like that, then you need X-TRE and Ausie Suzuki was correct.
    As said before, USA did not have 2010 model sold at all.
    Interesting.
    I always knew the 2011 was the "new" version and the 2010 was not sold in the USA, but didn't know the 2010 was some sort of freaky hybrid also? So the 2011 "international" changes actually started with the 2010 "not-USA" version?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Interesting.
    I always knew the 2011 was the "new" version and the 2010 was not sold in the USA, but didn't know the 2010 was some sort of freaky hybrid also? So the 2011 "international" changes actually started with the 2010 "not-USA" version?
    I know nothing about any hybrids. "New and slightly improved" models started in 2010 and are that way until now.

Because 2010 were not sold un the USA, the aftermarket listings are confused and mostly do not list the parts for 2010,

and are also saying that "new improved" M109r model was starting in 2011.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    I know nothing about any hybrids. "New and slightly improved" models started in 2010 and are that way until now.
    Because 2010 were not sold in the USA, the aftermarket listings are confused and mostly do not list the parts for 2010,
    and are also saying that "new improved" M109r model was starting in 2011.
    Sorry, I used the word "Hybrid" casually, meaning a, "Frankenstein / Transition / In-Between" model, thinking it was some sort of random mix of parts "not quite 2009, not quite 2011". But as you clarified, it seems the only thing unique about the 2010's is that the USA didn't get any. So the common practice of referring to 2011 as the model change year isn't really true (?) - it is actually 2010 (which, in "Americanese," translates to 2011).

Good to know, thevili - always a refreshing source of info!
    Thanks!

BCS, question on those metal cylinder covers. I think from looking at them, the two short abbreviated ones go on the left rear and right front, where the spark plug COPS are located and the hose goes up from the airboxes. Because they have a spot of black foam in them, likely to prevent shorts on the COPS. But why do the plastic covers fit without being chopped up like these metal ones? And does the abbreviated stump show when on the bike? May not be able to do anything with them for awhile, have a huge winter storm coming are way this weekend.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

BCS, question on those metal cylinder covers. I think from looking at them, the two short abbreviated ones go on the left rear and right front, where the spark plug COPS are located and the hose goes up from the airboxes. Because they have a spot of black foam in them, likely to prevent shorts on the COPS. But why do the plastic covers fit without being chopped up like these metal ones? And does the abbreviated stump show when on the bike? May not be able to do anything with them for awhile, have a huge winter storm coming are way this weekend.
    I forgot to get pictures for you and now I am in at work in Seattle.

I can have the wife take some pics of my bike though and I will get back to you.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by TM109R View Post
    Obviously it was a available in AU, the zero at the end of the model number is the indicator for the model year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    My '16 VIN ends in 7...
    I know 16 and 17 are identical but...

23" BOSS Mimic Front Wheel - 6 Degree Triple Tree - Longshot Fender - Knight Rider LED Light - 24 LED Strips - 6000k Projector HID Headlights Conversion - 1000W 4 Channel Speaker Setup - Matte Engine Guards - Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs - Color matching Powder Coated Derby Cover - Blacked Out Turn Signals - USB Charging Port - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - White LED Gauge Conversion - Velocity Pro 2into1 Exhaust... [more to come]

My 07 VIN # ended in 1

BCS

10th digit of VIN is model year.
    My 2016 shows "G" which is 2016.
    6=2006
    9=2009
    A=2010... etc

https://www.cyclepedia.com/motorcycle-vin-decoder/

Had my wife look and send me some pictures.

Hard to tell exactly but it does look as if the snubbed ones go on the left rear and right front.....At least that't how it looks like they are on my 08 and also the pics I have of my 07.

Also makes since that they would go that way due to the placement of the rubber boots for the intakes.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 12-06-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Here are a couple of photos she sent.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover L.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	381226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover R.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	381228  

Default Soon to know

So I got details for fitting the X-TRE from HelaTech and looked for the connector.
    Found it so have ordered one and will update this if it fits and works.