How many miles from a tank

Thread: How many miles from a tank

I was wondering if any of you have pushed the tank to the limit and know how many miles you get when on the last flashing marker on the fuel gauge. Normally when I get to the flashing level I then look for the nearest gas station and then when I fill up I can see that I fill up around 13 litres. If our is 21 litres then this means that when the flashing level appears, I still have a third of the tank to go i.e. approx 60 more miles. Anyway just wondering if anyone knows

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.deharo View Post
    I was wondering if any of you have pushed the tank to the limit and know how many miles you get when on the last flashing marker on the fuel gauge. Normally when I get to the flashing level I then look for the nearest gas station and then when I fill up I can see that I fill up around 13 litres. If our is 21 litres then this means that when the flashing level appears, I still have a third of the tank to go i.e. approx 60 more miles. Anyway just wondering if anyone knows

I get around 280kms and am usually hammering on it

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I get around 280kms and am usually hammering on it
    Op is talking about the VLR1800C=C109...

Just saying...
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.deharo View Post
    With the GMan Bully on my C109, I would get 260-280km.... 300-320 if being nice, which wasn't too often
    My current M109, I gas up at 280

Very Active Member

I don't know about the C109, but I did a fuel range test on my M109. The gas light flashes and I'm not too concerned. When the gas light stays steady, that's when you need to find fuel ASAP. gas range is about 140 miles per tank. Or about 170 taking it easy (estimated, because mine is never rode easy....lol)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS_man View Post
    I don't know about the C109, but I did a fuel range test on my M109. The gas light flashes and I'm not too concerned. When the gas light stays steady, that's when you need to find fuel ASAP. gas range is about 140 miles per tank. Or about 170 taking it easy (estimated, because mine is never rode easy....lol)
    Exactally what Boss said, at 150 I am flashing
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo removed,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4,M109R swing arm cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake with K-n"s, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl,

140 Im flashing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I usually filling up between 120 and 130 miles. I ride it hard. I've pushed into the 140 range a few times but was nervous. Light had been steady looking for a gas station. The real question is how many miles are left when the light starts flashing and how many more after it goes steady.
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

I once got up to 180 miles/300 km... But that was squeezing every last drop out of the tank. Cannot remember if this was on 95 or 98 octane (don't know what that equates to in RON). Mileage also seems to vary depending on altitude or country I fill'r up.

I think you have about 50 km/31 miles when the light starts blinking and about 10 km/6.2 miles when the light stays on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

That is great feedback gents. Normally when it starts flashing I immediately look for a gas station but I did not know that after it flashes that it then goes back to fixed. What is odd is that as soon as it starts flashing and I fill up, I have noticed that I can put in 13litres of gas which in theory is 2/3 of the tank meaning that I still had 1/3 tank left. Bottomline is and based on Sjeeke's feedback is that I should be able to do another 60km from the time that it starts flashing.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNG View Post
    The real question is how many miles are left when the light starts flashing and how many more after it goes steady.
    In my experience, with the 4 M109's that I have owned, I can usually get around 150-160 before the gas light starts to flash. When flashing, I am normally good for around 40-50 more miles (if you take it easy). When the light turns solid (had it happen twice on 2 different M109's), you are good for about 10 miles. I had it to turn solid on my 07, and I went 7 more miles. When I filled up, the 5.2 gallon tank, held 5.1 gallons. That was not a good felling. All of my M109's have gotten between 40-44 mpg.
    In contrast, my 2nd generation Vmax loves gas, and gets a whopping 26-28 mpg. With a 4 gallon tank, that causes the light to come on around the 80 mile mark. When this happens, the low fuel trip meter comes on and starts to count up from 0. So, if you are riding average, it will get you 25-28 more miles. That seems to be the biggest complaint in the Vmax community. But it doesn't bother me, as I am ready for a butt break around every 80 or so miles anyway.

I only start to worry about fuel when the "light" becomes solid (although I use fill her up before that happens.
    I friend of mine also had a Vmax. At one point he had a Power Commander installed. The result was that he his bike used twice as much fuel as our M109R. :-) But, we could never keep up with him at a green light when he would take of like a bat out of hell. :-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I have an 08 c109 and I'm a big guy. If I fill it up to the neck, absolutely brim full I can go about 175 mi before running completely dry. I don't do that unless I'm getting directly on the highway because the tank builds pressure and starts pushing the gas out thru the cap. Also note that I keep a 1 gallon gas can in my bag as an emergency backup

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109R