Where to buy tires at good price?

Thread: Where to buy tires at good price?

Default Where to buy tires at good price?

Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone knows any other place other than fortnine where they sell motorcycle tires at a reasonable price? I’m looking to put a 260 or 280 come this spring and was wondering if anybody knew of any good online shops. I took a look at fortnine but they are out of stock on the 260. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you are up here in the great white north,Peteís superbike is the go to tire place
    Stav

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    If you are up here in the great white north,Pete’s superbike is the go to tire place
    Stavros thanks! Can you send me a link? I’m in Quebec.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Found it!! Had no clue it existed, and around the corner from me. I’m in Chomedey. Thanks bro.

Best prices in Canada,bonus theyíre around the corner.easy pickup and save more !! Been using them for 10 years,always seem to have stock..they sell tons of rubber,so itís always fresh.

welcome aboard and enjoy the 9
    Stav

Best prices in Canada,bonus they’re around the corner.easy pickup and save more !! Been using them for 10 years,always seem to have stock..they sell tons of rubber,so it’s always fresh.

welcome aboard and enjoy the 9
    Thanks, enjoying it very much, got it late in the season but rode till it snowed, lol, now jonsing for spring. Lol.

Ya that first winters a hard one to get through ,I picked mine up in October 07 and rode it into December ,remember spring taking forever to arrive,checking the weather forecasts everyday,hoping ..get your mods done over the winter,it helps a bit..we got hammered with snow couple days ago,so itís over here too.i see youíve picked up some heated grips,they help a bit,but work better with hand guards,which donít look that great on this sweet machine..I donít have em on the nine,but do on my GS..and they come in handy for sure,not familiar with the atlas throttle lock,but many have the Gen II breakaway and it works great..
    Stav

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I'll have to check them out. I've been using Fornine as they are in Montreal and great service with free shipping

FC,Iím pretty sure they ship you from a Calgary warehouse...not sure if Peteís will free ship that far,but never hurts to check..best prices for me to my door here in Ontario are from Peteís.and rubber is always fresh..both good Bike retailers though,Iíve used fortnine for some gear and no complaints
    Stav

Default Chaparral Motor Sports for tires

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone knows any other place other than fortnine where they sell motorcycle tires at a reasonable price? Iím looking to put a 260 or 280 come this spring and was wondering if anybody knew of any good online shops. I took a look at fortnine but they are out of stock on the 260. Thanks
    They Chaparral Motor Sports in San Bernadino.

https://www.chapmoto.com/

I've been buying tires for my 109R, my B-King, and 2000 Ducati Monster. these guys are always running specials and often with no shipping. They carry just about every brand of time you've ever heard of and some most of never heard of. If you live in Southern California they also sell all brands of new motorcycles and they beat most other dealers. The showroom probably has way over 100 bikes on display. Their clothing section is as large as some of the department stores and accessories up the kazoo.

Pat Price

Ya that first winters a hard one to get through ,I picked mine up in October 07 and rode it into December ,remember spring taking forever to arrive,checking the weather forecasts everyday,hoping [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/1confused.gif[/IMG]..get your mods done over the winter,it helps a bit..we got hammered with snow couple days ago,so it’s over here too.i see you’ve picked up some heated grips,they help a bit,but work better with hand guards,which don’t look that great on this sweet machine..I don’t have em on the nine,but do on my GS..and they come in handy for sure,not familiar with the atlas throttle lock,but many have the Gen II breakaway and it works great..
    I’ve seen the Breakaway throttle lock and was considering it but at the price of over $200 I figured I’ll try the Atlas as I’ve read many reviews and all were great, and it’s discreet to boot. Planning to do the mods over the winter but I think I’m obsessing a bit too much as I’m dreaming about my bike and the various mods!! Lol!! I feel like a kid in a candy store. Btw, I went to Pete’s, he’s not far from me and the thing I like about them is they have a showroom with tons of stuff. You can at least try the gear before buying and then having to return it. Prices were great and he got my tires. Can’t wait to put them on!! Is it spring yet

FC,Iím pretty sure they ship you from a Calgary warehouse...not sure if Peteís will free ship that far,but never hurts to check..best prices for me to my door here in Ontario are from Peteís.and rubber is always fresh..both good Bike retailers though,Iíve used fortnine for some gear and no complaints
    Not sure if the Calgary warehouse is even there anymore. Everything I've got from them has come from Montreal

Very Active Member

Pete's super bikes, Montreal, best prices, FedEx

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

Dec 6th that year I think
    Ya that first winters a hard one to get through ,I picked mine up in October 07 and rode it into December ,remember spring taking forever to arrive,checking the weather forecasts everyday,hoping ..get your mods done over the winter,it helps a bit..we got hammered with snow couple days ago,so itís over here too.i see youíve picked up some heated grips,they help a bit,but work better with hand guards,which donít look that great on this sweet machine..I donít have em on the nine,but do on my GS..and they come in handy for sure,not familiar with the atlas throttle lock,but many have the Gen II breakaway and it works great..

I bought mine Dec 10th 2016 at -25 LOL. Rode it out of shop and into the truck. It was tough but I started modding right away and made my maiden voyage March 16/17 at +3 at 120kmh run with heated grips, heated jacket and long johns. Loved it and was toasty warm
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 11-24-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Pete's super bikes, Montreal, best prices, FedEx

just got mine from Pete's, great service and excellent prices!!

I have noticed though, my Elite 3 Dunny which is being replaced by the Metz 260 looks wider but in fact its only because its flatter than the 260 Metz, although the Mets looks fatter due to its more roundness. I measured the meta from edge to edge and it came close to 10 3/4 in. Not sure what all tue fuss is about the elite being a father tire though. Does Tim size have anything to do with the look? Mine are 260/40 VR18. Looks fatter than my dunny. Is it my imagination?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20181123_103937_1543202137134.jpg†
Views:	17†
Size:	21.8 KB†
ID:	380990Click image for larger version.†

Name:	Screenshot_20181125-222134_Gallery_1543202511241.jpg†
Views:	20†
Size:	28.1 KB†
ID:	380992

Have the same Metz front and back. I'm going Avon this winter 150/70 to gain some height in front and the matching 250. Will be same width as my Metz 260 as it doesn't bulge out as much

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    just got mine from Pete's, great service and excellent prices!!

I have noticed though, my Elite 3 Dunny which is being replaced by the Metz 260 looks wider but in fact its only because its flatter than the 260 Metz, although the Mets looks fatter due to its more roundness. I measured the meta from edge to edge and it came close to 10 3/4 in. Not sure what all tue fuss is about the elite being a father tire though. Does Tim size have anything to do with the look? Mine are 260/40 VR18. Looks fatter than my dunny. Is it my imagination?
    The Elite 3 in a 250 is wider than the Metz 260. If you check the specs on their websites you will see this is true.
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

Just checked Pete's

16 front is about $50 cheaper than Fortnine

I it free shipping in Canada?

Very Active Member

No, 27 to ship my last two tires

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    No, 27 to ship my last two tires

Thanks. Will have to check with them to get to Sask

Have you tried having your local bike shop or dealer price match? The places here all match online pricing and I like to support local businesses when possible. Plus, you would save on shipping.