M109 Rider Forums banner

Time to Change Cooling Lines

712 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bering_C_Sparky 
#1 ·
New (to me bike) figured while I have it pulled apart I may as well change the 10 year old cooling lines.

Cant be too careful and certainly don't want to blow out a line and over heat the engine.

$160 well spent.

BCS

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Nice pictures. :bigthumbsup:
I like riding out Ozello Road, its not the nicest pavement in the world but its a very curvy road by Florida standards.
As long as you don't get stuck behind some slow poke cage the entire way out there, its can be a pretty interesting ride charging all those corners.
And if you do get get stuck behind a cage.....well its still pretty nice to just kick back, look at the scenery and enjoy the ride.

Big Bird got de-fethered even more last night.
Went out to start putting her back together, but could not remove the cabling for my tuning software from Big Reds wiring harness to transfer it to Big Bird without messing it up.
So I ordered a new tuning harness last night and then pulled apart the ass end of the bike to deal with the wiring under the rear fender plastics and give it a good cleaning under there.
Ended up with another pile of wire on the garage floor that I cut out and soldered things back together nice until late last night.

The socket I ordered for the neck and the tuning harness should hopefully both be here by Wednesday and I can get serious about putting her back together then.
If I mange to get her done by Friday night and can make a few runs on Saturday to see where the tune is hitting and make some adjustments........I will probably load Big Bird in the trailer and try to defend the M109R spots on the Top 10 Cruiser Drag Racing List at Orlando Speed World on Sunday.

Don't know if I will have her ready to beat the little Indian in first place or break the 11.00 mark by then......but for sure those of us holding spots on the list should try to show up and defend those positions.

Plus I just wanna see what Big Bird can do, I still have yet to really open her up since the front end was getting really wobbly at 130 mph with the busted forks that were on her.

BCS

#5 ·
Nice to see you're keeping busy :D

Pic is a little fuzzy but they look like stock hoses. I know you went with silicone for Big Red, any reason you're back to stock now? Or are these the old ones..?
They are new OEM hoses and Thermostat in the picture.

The set of silicones I had for Big Red was only the upper 3 hoses. (The 3 that connect to the tee fwd of the air box)

They were really nice hoses and I liked them but they were red and I did not want to do the ketchup and mustard theme on this yellow bike.

I wanted to change every coolant hose and start fresh on this new bike.
I did look to see if I could find a complete set of silicone hoses for the M109......but I only found the same set of 3 upper hoses for our bikes.

Decided to just order all the OEM hoses from Suzuki......when I ordered them the dealership told me that Suzuki only showed quantity of 1 in stock anywhere in the country on a few of the hoses..... So I grabbed them up while I could still get them.

I have been busy but not working on the bike near as much as I would like. (Hardly worked on the bike at all this week to be honest)
The wife is cracking the whip and wants her house finished.....so thats where my time and priority has been focused.
(But all I can think about is getting the bike back together) :p

BCS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.