WTB...Stock Front Turn Signals with Clear Lenses.

Thread: WTB...Stock Front Turn Signals with Clear Lenses.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default WTB...Stock Front Turn Signals with Clear Lenses.

Hey guys,

Before I picked up my 08 I thought it still had the stock turn signals on the front of it.....turns out I was wrong and they are just some chrome running lights instead.

Well since I thought it had the stocks on it, I sold someone the front turn signals off my wife M50 and I moved the ones off my 07 M109 over to my wife bike.

The ones on my 07 had clear lenses and 1157 sockets which I had installed switchback bulbs into.

I really liked the switchback bulbs and was hoping to put them on the 08 now also.

I have been looking around for a aftermarket solution but not coming up with much.

Does anyone out there have a set of front stock turn signals with clear lenses and 1157 sockets they would consider selling me?

If so please private message me.

Thanks,
    BCS

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just buy some Kuryakin clear lenses. I think that's who sells them. Can't recall, bought them for my bike way back in 2006. I use 1157 bulbs that are chrome plated, but still light up amber. Expensive sumbitchs.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I don't have the turn signal assemblies at all.

I find aftermarket knock offs but they are only 2 wire.....I am looking for the front 3 wire entire assemblies right and left.

I pulled the trigger too fast when I started selling stuff, it looked like the 08 had stock fronts.....but they were not.

Its not the end of the world if I don't find a set, but I see so many pulling them off their bike I figured someone would have a set laying around.

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

I’ve got some turn signals laying around.. but I think our European models only do the 2-wire version. I’ll have to check later today..

Quote Originally Posted by DutchM1800R2 View Post
    I’ve got some turn signals laying around.. but I think our European models only do the 2-wire version. I’ll have to check later today..
    Thanks I appreciate it.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Just buy some Kuryakin clear lenses. I think that's who sells them. Can't recall, bought them for my bike way back in 2006. I use 1157 bulbs that are chrome plated, but still light up amber. Expensive sumbitchs.
    Those chrome colored bulbs sure are expensive sumbitches. They didn't last long for me either. What I do now is just buy some quality name brand 2357 Amber bulbs, and lightly sand then paint the first 1/4 at the tip silver. When looking at the clear lenses, you don't see any Amber are all. Also the clear eBay cheapy knock offs are crap. I'm using the kuryakin now. Hopefully these don't fall apart after 2 years. If they do, I'll order some OEM.
    Back on topic, surely someone has some stockers kicking around for BCS. If I had any here they'd be on the way down to you now, but sorry I don't.
    Dean

Hey BCS.
    Well...
    - they aren't 1157 (retarded "hens teeth" rare OEM 3-pin base bulb pretending to be an 1157), and
    - they don't have lenses (or lens-screws already sold those separately), and
    - they are missing plug ends (about 3" of fly leads remain - plugs went to new sockets), and
    - they don't come with the frame mounting bolt (now in a junk drawer somewhere)....

BUT!
    - They *are* OEM and
    - they *are* spotless and
    - they *are* 3-wire.

Basically, they don't actually meet ANY of the specific requests you mentioned...
    but thought I'd post them for you anyway, as a long-shot "just in case" you find them of any value at all.

I also have a rubber chicken which doesn't squeak and a black men's left shoe in size 12 if you're interested... haha

NSF
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181117_104617.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	380908

Quote Originally Posted by VzrDean1800 View Post
    Those chrome colored bulbs sure are expensive sumbitches. They didn't last long for me either. What I do now is just buy some quality name brand 2357 Amber bulbs, and lightly sand then paint the first 1/4 at the tip silver. When looking at the clear lenses, you don't see any Amber are all. Also the clear eBay cheapy knock offs are crap. I'm using the kuryakin now. Hopefully these don't fall apart after 2 years. If they do, I'll order some OEM.
    Back on topic, surely someone has some stockers kicking around for BCS. If I had any here they'd be on the way down to you now, but sorry I don't.
    Dean
    I've never had to replace the bulbs since I put them in in 2006. Haven't burned one out yet. Bought them at Pep boys back in late 06. I recall they were either $9.99 per bulb, or was it for two? Hmmmm??

The Kuryakin clear lenses on my bike, have been on since 2010. The first set I bought, one of the fronts fell off on a long ride. I briefly put the stock amber lenses on in 2010, until I got the new ones. Haven't had a problem with the new ones yet.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

I checked BCS, but only 2-wire lights here..sorryz!

Thanks guys for looking, I appreciate it.

I will come up with something sooner or later.

BCS

The real LE signal set up does not take a 1157 bulb. The bulb has 3 raised nipples(not sure what to call them but this) vs a 1157 has 2. I kept my signals stock, installed Silverstar bulbs and placed an LE clear lens on mine. I ran it that for more then 3 years with no issues.

I found it, below that thread with a pic of the fron LE bulb. Notice the three raised nipples vs two on an 1157/2057.
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...ht=Signal+bulb
    Last edited by rynosback; 11-18-2018 at 01:34 AM.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    The real LE signal set up does not take a 1157 bulb. The bulb has 3 raised nipples(not sure what to call them but this) vs a 1157 has 2. I kept my signals stock, installed Silverstar bulbs and placed an LE clear lens on mine. I ran it that for more then 3 years with no issues.

I found it, below that thread with a pic of the fron LE bulb. Notice the three raised nipples vs two on an 1157/2057.
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...ht=Signal+bulb
    Yup,

LE has 3 pin sockets and 3 pin bulbs.....:

M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Slightly OT but in case anyone stumbles here looking for bulb info, post 7 here describes our ridiculous 3-pin bulb vs. "everyone else's" normal 1157.

https://www.m109riders.com/#/topics/344674#7

You can run a 2 pin bulb in them. You just file one of the nipples down. I have had my switchbacks this way without issues for 2 years.

This is what I did.
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/209694...95281280499922

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by M109Dreamer; 11-18-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Since I am starting from scratch I am looking to get the signals with 1157 sockets just so I can run the 1157 swichback bulbs without worrying about them coming loose. (I ride hard)

I can replace the lenses with clear ones if thats what it takes no problem.

I have 4 guys who say they have a set and will sell them to me already, just waiting to see if any of the guys local to me come through before I pull the trigger.

Pulled a stupid move by selling the ones I had for sure.
    Now the prices I am getting to buy a set are 50% more than I sold the ones I had for......But I guess if you are going to be dumb you have to be tough.

BCS

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    You can run a 2 pin bulb in them. You just file one of the nipples down. I have had my switchbacks this way without issues for 2 years.

This is what I did.
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/209694...95281280499922

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Yep...thanks to you I did the same for Mary's. My shop partner bought a older Harley and I was looking at his. I filed down and made the cheaper Amazon ones work and he is happy as can be. I told him to be happy as that is probably the one part that won't fail on his bike. We had a good laugh over it.
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109

I found two guys here local that had turn signals they were willing to part with.

One set from a 2009 which have 1157 sockets and amber lenses and one set from a newer bike with the 3 prong sockets and clear lenses.

So between the 2 sets I will be able to make the set I want.

I am amazed that everyone cuts the turn signal wires when they remove them from the bike though.....there are connectors in the headlight bucket and they easily unplug.

No big deal though, I can deal with that.

BCS

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    I found two guys here local that had turn signals they were willing to part with.

One set from a 2009 which have 1157 sockets and amber lenses and one set from a newer bike with the 3 prong sockets and clear lenses.

So between the 2 sets I will be able to make the set I want.

I am amazed that everyone cuts the turn signal wires when they remove them from the bike though.....there are connectors in the headlight bucket and they easily unplug.

No big deal though, I can deal with that.

BCS
    They cut them because all of the aftermarket signals do not have connectors, simply wires. A quick cut, solder on the connectors and then it is a clean install.
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapaXCT View Post
    They cut them because all of the aftermarket signals do not have connectors, simply wires. A quick cut, solder on the connectors and then it is a clean install.
    Exactly.
    For my aftermarket signals, options were to either cut one plug and steal it for the new signals or cut both and solder them. (Or cut none and solder above the remaining connector, equally annoying).

I go to the local dealer who sells the Suzuki indicator plug with loose pigtails.
    I just solder these to the new indicators and I keep my factory units totally original.
    I hate cutting and soldering into the factory loom or accessories and try to avoid at all costs.
    I think he charges $8 for a set of two.

Another option is just make your own harness the way you want, it's what I have done in the past on my previous bikes and what in doing with my lights this weekend as soon as my connectors come in this way when I decide I want a different light option I can just keep current plugs and just add new ones to new lights

I would post a pic of the plugs but my phone won't let me but these are what you can use instead of cutting and having to constantly solder anytime you want to change and you can make a 2 way 3 way harness if you want more or less lights

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CQ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    Another option is just make your own harness the way you want, it's what I have done in the past on my previous bikes and what in doing with my lights this weekend as soon as my connectors come in this way when I decide I want a different light option I can just keep current plugs and just add new ones to new lights

I would post a pic of the plugs but my phone won't let me but these are what you can use instead of cutting and having to constantly solder anytime you want to change and you can make a 2 way 3 way harness if you want more or less lights

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CQ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    One can buy OEM fitting el. connectors for example from:

http://cycleterminal.com/
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    One can buy OEM fitting el. connectors for example from:

http://cycleterminal.com/
    Good reference thanks thevili.