looking at NOS need info (no b****ing please)

Thread: looking at NOS need info (no b****ing please)

Default looking at NOS need info (no b****ing please)

Good morning folks! Owner here of a 16 BOSS. Dual big air kn intakes velocity pro 2-1 exhaust ecu custom flash done. Big bike and some big power. But now I’m looking for that little extra (some pull away power) in case I guy is hangin in there and you can’t quite get away... aka NOS.. so before the crying and whining starts about searching the forums for this info I’ll tell you that I have but have been unable to find exactly what I’m looking for so here it goes! Ok look at rough instal prices for NOS as well as what size of shot would be (safe) for the big girl. Any upgrades you’d recommend before Nos? Any help is greatly appreciated! Have a good day everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine316 View Post
    Good morning folks! Owner here of a 16 BOSS. Dual big air kn intakes velocity pro 2-1 exhaust ecu custom flash done. Big bike and some big power. But now Iím looking for that little extra (some pull away power) in case I guy is hangin in there and you canít quite get away... aka NOS.. so before the crying and whining starts about searching the forums for this info Iíll tell you that I have but have been unable to find exactly what Iím looking for so here it goes! Ok look at rough instal prices for NOS as well as what size of shot would be (safe) for the big girl. Any upgrades youíd recommend before Nos? Any help is greatly appreciated! Have a good day everyone
    Every question you may have can be answered by DYNOTUNE Inc. They are one of the leading NOS suppliers in the U.S. Their number is (941) 753-8899, and web address is www.dynotune.org.

[QUOTE=JUDAH-9;3967154]Every question you may have can be answered by DYNOTUNE Inc. They are one of the leading NOS suppliers in the U.S. Their number is (941) 753-8899, and web address is www.dynotune.org.[/QUOTE

excellent thank you

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Guy that used to own this site, Lamonster, had NOS on his bike. Had dual canisters IIRC, one on each side hanging off the rear, painted to match his custom paint job. So you wouldn't be the first. Just sayin, not bitchin or whinin! LOL!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

You say "Custom ECU Tune"......so you had your ECU custom tuned by a dyno shop?

Or did you mail it in and have it flashed?

Either way more than likely your timing was advanced if you got a performance ECU tune.

When you add the NOS you will not want your timing to be so advanced or you may experience detonation.

BCS

Correct me if I'm wrong since I wasn't around these forums back then, but didn't Lamonster have some serious problems with his bike, possible due to the extra power? I thought I read somewhere that he snapped his drive shaft or that others with NOS have.

I'm not bitching either because this idea also intrigues me, since I'm addicted to the 1/4 mile track now. Valentine, you should make it out to Edmonton for Friday night street legals next year.

nos in this big girl is a bad idea. Yes he did have issues but he had way more work done than the op. OP i suggest dino for sure before you even think of running nos. Going to need some more air probably too.

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Nos is a bad thing for bike motors over time. It literally significantly kills the lifespan of the motor. Many of us want more power out of our bikes, but personally, Iím not willing to subject my motors to the torcher Nos will place on them over time. Itís just not worth it, in my opinion.

Not only does it torture the motor, but think of the drive-line on these bikes. Most notably poor old second gear. I'm not sure the stock drive-line is up to NOS. And yes, there have been broken driveshafts on these bikes, and they were mostly stock. I'd never do it, but it's not my decision. This is why I have two bikes, the Nine for power cruisin, and the B-King for thrashing.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I'm not bitching either because this idea also intrigues me, since I'm addicted to the 1/4 mile track now. Valentine, you should make it out to Edmonton for Friday night street legals next year.
    Do you run the 9 on Friday's? I've been trying to get up there and run my truck a few times but haven't been able to put it all together. Would be cool to see someone run a 9 down the 1/4.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Do you run the 9 on Friday's? I've been trying to get up there and run my truck a few times but haven't been able to put it all together. Would be cool to see someone run a 9 down the 1/4.

You would have loved it when I was there on holidays. Ian and I went head to head all night

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    You would have loved it when I was there on holidays. Ian and I went head to head all night
    Too cool. That would have been fun. If something like that happens next summer I'd be in for making the trip.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Too cool. That would have been fun. If something like that happens next summer I'd be in for making the trip.
    It IS fun. I went 6x including Thanksgiving weekend. It usually starts in May and runs until Thanksgiving, weather permitting. It's always on Friday nights except the last two weekends. Go to their site in the spring to see the 2019 calendar. Also, like their Facebook page because sometimes they have last minute changes.

http://www.castrolraceway.com/

Ya man for sure, sheís running pretty stout right now was stoned at 121 at the rear. Wanna do some 1/4ís soon. Some of these guys on here make me laugh. Talked to echo outta Edmonton and they have done a ton of bikes with NOS and never heard of a issue after words. But I take it a lot of guys arenít getting it done right. Whatís the 1/4 track like in Edmonton? What kinda times you been putting up?

Ya man for sure, sheís running pretty stout right now was stoned at 121 at the rear. Wanna do some 1/4ís soon. Some of these guys on here make me laugh. Talked to echo outta Edmonton and they have done a ton of bikes with NOS and never heard of a issue after words. But I take it a lot of guys arenít getting it done right. Whatís the 1/4 track like in Edmonton? What kinda times you been putting up?
    I had a WOT tune done at Echo. They didn't tell me they only do WOT unless otherwise specified. If they did, I would have been looking at a full day and $600-$700. This is perfectly fine for the dragstrip since you race WOT anyway. I'll be sending my ECU to BCS to flash the remaining 0-80% throttle. Echo may have done a lot of NOS bikes but they haven't done very many 109's.

The track is pretty good but I have no other tracks to compare it to. It's super tacky from the VHT they put down so no burnout is necessary. In fact, I brought my front end on launch on a brand new tire and no burnout. For bikes, they use a pro tree so you have to be ready to launch. My best time was 12.18 @ 107 MPH. I imagine if I was 2000 feet closer to sea level in Florida and had that 6% more HP, I could be in the 11's.

I had a WOT tune done at Echo. They didn't tell me they only do WOT unless otherwise specified. If they did, I would have been looking at a full day and $600-$700. This is perfectly fine for the dragstrip since you race WOT anyway. I'll be sending my ECU to BCS to flash the remaining 0-80% throttle. Echo may have done a lot of NOS bikes but they haven't done very many 109's.

The track is pretty good but I have no other tracks to compare it to. It's super tacky from the VHT they put down so no burnout is necessary. In fact, I brought my front end on launch on a brand new tire and no burnout. For bikes, they use a pro tree so you have to be ready to launch. My best time was 12.18 @ 107 MPH. I imagine if I was 2000 feet closer to sea level in Florida and had that 6% more HP, I could be in the 11's.

I had had their nos guy do a lot of reasarch on the 109 engine before getting back to me and he was very certain itís a good motor And can easily handle the 50 shot with no problems all day when done right.

V10 Killer has a setup on his 9. I havent seen him here in a long time. You could try and shoot him a PM about his setup also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I had had their nos guy do a lot of reasarch on the 109 engine before getting back to me and he was very certain it’s a good motor And can easily handle the 50 shot with no problems all day when done right.

Research or not. The guys here that KNOW the bike and have taken it to it's limits know far more than the people you are dealing with. This has come from people that have been taking the bike to it's limits since it's inception in 2006, so 12 years now. I'd trust the experience here far before people that have worked on every other bike out there and probably never messed with a 9

And obviously they would mainly work on Harleys which even stock they fall apart all the time and are used to being rebuilt regularly
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 11-23-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Research or not. The guys here that KNOW the bike and have taken it to it's limits know far more than the people you are dealing with. This has come from people that have been taking the bike to it's limits since it's inception in 2006, so 12 years now. I'd trust the experience here far before people that have worked on every other bike out there and probably never messed with a 9

And obviously they would mainly work on Harleys which even stock they fall apart all the time and are used to being rebuilt regularly

Ya your right the average 109 owner knows more then the guy who installs them. And maybe you should read up before commenting, only doing a little 50 shot not like Iím dumping a 100-120 shot onto it, and a ton of **** Iíve read on here is guys doing it the cheap and ****ty way. Running dry shots. Or running NOS without the proper dual mapping done. Iíve done my reasearch bud

Ya your right the average 109 owner knows more then the guy who installs them. And maybe you should read up before commenting, only doing a little 50 shot not like I’m dumping a 100-120 shot onto it, and a ton of **** I’ve read on here is guys doing it the cheap and ****ty way. Running dry shots. Or running NOS without the proper dual mapping done. I’ve done my reasearch bud

No need for an attitude, just saying there are a few people here that have massive knowledge and do build engines with cam, piston upgrades and know the whole drive train inside and out and where the weak links are ie crank shaft and final drive being the week links your guys there may not know about.

Are you going to have your secondary gear set welded to the output cam dog?

Does your dual map retard your timing at the point you hit the NOS switch?

And since the bike is just over 100HP stock a 50 shot is a big deal as it's 50% more HP which is massive instant torque on the whole drive line.

The crank is a weak link as well. BCS just lost his normally aspirated so average 9 owners do know a little

How many 9s have they done?

I've done my research and done real world experimenting by building engines and drive lines for over 40 years in 2 and 4 wheel vehicles

Just my opinion of being a lowly AVERAGE 109 owner
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 11-24-2018 at 04:13 PM.

No need for an attitude, just saying there are a few people here that have massive knowledge and do build engines with cam, piston upgrades and know the whole drive train inside and out and where the weak links are ie crank shaft and final drive being the week links your guys there may not know about.

Are you going to have your secondary gear set welded to the output cam dog?

Does your dual map retard your timing at the point you hit the NOS switch?

And since the bike is just over 100HP stock a 50 shot is a big deal as it's 50% more HP which is massive instant torque on the whole drive line.

The crank is a weak link as well. BCS just lost his normally aspirated so average 9 owners do know a little

How many 9s have they done?

I've done my research and done real world experimenting by building engines and drive lines for over 40 years in 2 and 4 wheel vehicles

Just my opinion of being a lowly AVERAGE 109 owner

well a few things. Yes itís huge power gains hammering on all at once. Iím not gonna be going around usuing it all the time. Thatís just straight up asking for trouble. Im only going to use it when I need it, some cranked up Harley finds me or got some guy I canít quite pull on... As for the 2nd gear thing. How massivly tourqy the bike it the only i would touch that nos botton would be when I come out of second and go into 3rd. That bikes so unreal through first and 2nd I see no need for it in those gears.

I'm with you. Would love to have that shot. I guess like you say, it must be for role on rather than hammering. I'll be watching your progress as it would be a blast to have. I did a role on with a Hellcat this summer from 120kmh to 180kmh and when I dropped to 3rd at 120kmh I did pull away. With a proper shot would be able to destroy him

My problem is I'd probably be hammering on it all the time

What kind of money are you looking at to get it done? Are you doing the install yourself or at a shop?

What kind of money are you looking at to get it done? Are you doing the install yourself or at a shop?
    No sir not doing this at all myself, will be taking to a shop. Was quoted from 2500-3000 done properly. Stuff like this I wouldnít dare try myself.

No sir not doing this at all myself, will be taking to a shop. Was quoted from 2500-3000 done properly. Stuff like this I wouldnít dare try myself.

That's where myself and most her differ. Most of us do our own work. No one has touched my bike other than me since I bought it. Right down to tire changes. I have the spoons etc to even change tires.

I don't trust anyone else with my life to do anything on it.

That's where myself and most her differ. Most of us do our own work. No one has touched my bike other than me since I bought it. Right down to tire changes. I have the spoons etc to even change tires.

I don't trust anyone else with my life to do anything on it.
    Yes ive done everything on it myself except when it comes to anything to do with the computer. When it comes to that I let the professionals handle it.

Very Active Member

For that kind of money, you aren't far off having the transmission fully built and doing cams in the bike. You would be around 140 hp all day long.
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapaXCT View Post
    For that kind of money, you aren't far off having the transmission fully built and doing cams in the bike. You would be around 140 hp all day long.
    I didn't know cams were developed for the 9. Where can I get a set? Do you much about it? Obviously, we don't need cams for torque, how's the top end?