4 Sale....Parting Out 2007 M109R
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Sale....Parting Out 2007 M109R

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default 4 Sale....Parting Out 2007 M109R

I never thought I would be saying this but I am parting out Big Red.

I need to raise some cash fast to buy another bike.

I will be keeping the Corbin Seat, V-Stream, Radiator Grill, Engine Guards and the Exhaust.....everything else is available.

Let me know if you need any parts.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4388 copy.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	380716 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_4576.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	380718 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_6692.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	380720

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Omigosh! So sorry it came to this, BCS. Good luck - onward and upward!

Name:	equickly_1541338156016.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	380722

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully you can get what you need quick.

What do you think caused the issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Parting out a bike is generally a long process, unless multiple items are sold in each sale. It may expedite the process if he puts everything up for sale on eBay, but thats would be a lot of work to tear down the bike, take pics of each item, and then post them on eBay.

Its all good, I actually hoped none of it would sell (I only agreed to part it out to make the wife happy)
    But thats not the case, have sold a few things off it already.

I have a member on this forum asking me for a part now but when I looked up the price of a new one I almost fell on the floor.

Its the Chrome frame grabbers at the rear of the bike, Suzuki shows list price @ $559 (EACH)

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/pa...r-2006-07.html

I generally sell good used used parts at around 40 - 45% the cost of new. (Pretty standard for used auto parts)

But I find the price of these pieces to be outrageous......has anyone found them elsewhere cheaper?

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 11-04-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Its all good, I actually hoped none of it would sell (I only agreed to part it out to make the wife happy)

I have a member on this forum asking me for a part now but when I looked up the price of a new one I almost fell on the floor.

Its the Chrome frame grabbers at the rear of the bike, Suzuki shows list price @ $559 (EACH)

I generally sell good used used parts at around 40 - 45% the cost of new. (Pretty standard for used auto parts)

But I find the price of these pieces to be outrageous......has anyone found them elsewhere cheaper?

BCS

The newer ones would be cheaper but they are just a thin metal cap that goes over the rubber. Yours are the solid ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    The newer ones would be cheaper but they are just a thin metal cap that goes over the rubber. Yours are the solid ones.
    I did not even notice that the new ones were different, but you are right they are cheaper.......they are only $375 if you buy all 3 pieces.

Who would have thunk it.

Crazy what some of this stuff sells for, it would cost $150,000 to build a 9 if you bought it one part at a time.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Wow, that sucks. Hopefully you can get what you need quick.

What do you think caused the issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Buying a 08 tomorrow......I am sure my riding style and the amount of abuse I put on the bike is what finally broke the camels back.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 11-04-2018 at 02:04 PM.

BCS
    Yes, I have bought 2 sets one set from Ebay and another set from a member here that parted out. Way cheaper than what suzuki charges. I actually have a set listed in the for sale section.

I hear you BCS. I hope everything works out good and swift for you. As for those chrome grab rails, Ive seen them listed on eBay in the past for as low as $75 each, and approximately $150 as a set. That would be about 13% of the $559 price at $75, and 26% at $150.

Good luck with everything. 👍✋️👍

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I hear you BCS. I hope everything works out good and swift for you. As for those chrome grab rails, Ive seen them listed on eBay in the past for as low as $75 each, and approximately $150 as a set. That would be about 13% of the $559 price at $75, and 26% at $150.

Good luck with everything. 👍✋️👍
    Thanks,

I let the member who was looking for just one side know I would sell it to him for $50.

I am not trying to get rich on this stuff, but I need to recoup as much as I reasonably can to buy my new bike, so I really can't give it away either.

Just want to make a fair deal for all involved.

BCS

Thanks,

I let the member who was looking for just one side know I would sell it to him for $50.

I am not trying to get rich on this stuff, but I need to recoup as much as I reasonably can to buy my new bike, so I really can't give it away either.

Just want to make a fair deal for all involved.

BCS
    I totally understand your position, and I hope you have great and expedient success selling everything on the bike. Please post some pics of your new Bumblebee 9 once you get it. Ive always liked that color LE. 👍✋️👍

One point to your post. Yes, the '08 and later have different fender struts. but they are way better than the earlier model for one main reason! If you decide to go with a 300 on the rear, It is way easier to clearance for the tire with the newer ones. The older set is a cast product, the newer set is a steel stamped set. The newer set can be bent somewhat to aid the clearance process. The old will not bend.
    Last edited by futurR; 11-05-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

I did not even notice that the new ones were different, but you are right they are cheaper.......they are only $375 if you buy all 3 pieces.

Who would have thunk it.

Crazy what some of this stuff sells for, it would cost $150,000 to build a 9 if you bought it one part at a time.

BCS
    No kidding, when you need a factory part BOHICA

Gah. I would have made an offer on your Revo Risers... but have since ordered (and paid for) a full custom bar (which I am still waiting for... grr). My timing is once again, unfortunate (missed that jacket deal for the same reason... lol).

Good luck, BCS.
    Again - sorry this happened, but sounds like you are already on the road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    One point to your post. Yes, the '08 and later have different fender struts. but they are way better than the earlier model for one main reason! If you decide to go with a 300 on the rear, It is way easier to clearance for the tire with the newer ones. The older set is a cast product, the newer set is a steel stamped set. The newer set can be bent somewhat to aid the clearance process. The old will not bend.
    Good info Matt. I have the solid ones, I prefer them for powdercoating. Guess I will find out if it's a PIA when I do go to 300

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Gah. I would have made an offer on your Revo Risers... but have since ordered (and paid for) a full custom bar (which I am still waiting for... grr). My timing is once again, unfortunate (missed that jacket deal for the same reason... lol).

Good luck, BCS.
    Again - sorry this happened, but sounds like you are already on the road to recovery.
    I am putting those risers on the new bike I just bought tonight......it has modified stock risers with 2 inch extensions right now, so I want to switch that out.

BCS

Bike is stripped of parts and motor is out.

Will have the front brakes, rims, forks, triple tree and swing arm off later tonight.

i am going on a all day ride tomorrow, so I will be able to start shipping out parts on Friday to anyone who wants them.

Tomorrow will actually be the first time I have rode the new bike since I test drove it, so I am looking forward to that.

Still need to pull the ECU on Big Bird tonight and write a tune to it, so it runs better with that road burner pipe.

I wanted to switch out the exhaust and forks before our ride tomorrow but there is just not enough time in the day to get it all done.

Still have to pull one more motor out of the other 9 parts bike but that may have to wait till tomorrow night.

BCS

Name:	IMG_5959.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	380770 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5960.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	380772 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	380774 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5967.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	380776

now that's Naked

Are you gonna build that motor?

now that's Naked

Are you gonna build that motor?
    I am a electrician/automation tech by trade, not a mechanic..... but I have alway done all my own work on my vehicles and I enjoy doing it.....although I have never rebuilt a engine before.

Unless someone offers me some decent cash for it, I will hold onto it until I get my house finished and have some time to play.
    Then I will pull it apart and see if it can be repaired or not.
    I think it would be fun to do, but I have so many irons in the fire, finding the time to do things like that right now is just not realistic.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 11-07-2018 at 08:34 PM.

I am a electrician/automation tech by trade, not a mechanic..... but I have alway done all my own work on my vehicles and I enjoy doing it.....although I have never rebuilt a engine before.

Unless someone offers me some decent cash for it, I will hold onto it until I get my house finished and have some time to play.
    Then I will pull it apart and see if it can be repaired or not.
    I think it would be fun to do, but I have so many irons in the fire, finding the time to do things like that right now is just not realistic.

BCS

But would be cool to do mods Matt does with boring it out with bigger pistons and cams. That would be a blast. Into the 11s easy

Well I took Big Bird out to go get a lotto ticket, was popping the whole way there and back. (First time I have rode the bike since bringing it home)

I did hear some popping when I test drove it but I just figured it was because there was no fuel module installed on the bike.

On the test drive I only rode for about 5 minutes, I was primarily just starting and stopping so I could shift from 1st to 2nd hitting the throttle hard to make sure it was not slipping out of gear, then I just went WFO after turning around and heading back to the guys house.

When I got back from the store tonight I left the bike running and checked for exhaust leaks.....sure enough found 3 exhaust leaks.

At each head where the exhaust connects and at one of he clamps where the pipes connect to the can. (See pic below of what the bolts that hold the exhaust to the heads looked like....and no that is not a shadow you see on the upper portion of the bolt)

Well I figured that was a sign I should just go ahead and install my VPR. So I removed the Road Burner, installed some new exhaust gaskets, chased the threads with a tap and put on the shorty. (Pic below)

Earlier, in another post I said I was an electrician by trade.....thats a good thing because the aftermarket wiring on the bike is going to be a total redo. (Pic below of what I saw when I popped the right side cover)

Did not find a ESE on the bike, but not getting a FI fault so I assume the wire is cut at the ECU.

I did find a TRE on the bike but it did not have any markings on it at all, just a generic black box.

Removed the TRE and wrote a tune to the ECU....bike sounds wicked now, it was a little tame sounding before with the long pipe and no tune.

Also the grill that is on the bike is holding the radiator shroud out and not letting it fit properly, the bottom is not clamping in like it should. I need to remove the shroud and see if the grill can be repositioned or else I will have to just pull it out and install the one I had on my other 9.

Was a long day today and I will be meeting Richard and Metalman (Mike) in the morning, we are going for a ride around Lakeland.....gotta grab a couple hours sleep now.

BCS

Name:	IMG_6001.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	380780 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5986.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	380782 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5980.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	380784 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_5916.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	380786
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 11-08-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Very Active Member

Well I took Big Bird out to go get a lotto ticket, was popping the whole way there and back. (First time I have rode the bike since bringing it home)

I did hear some popping when I test drove it but I just figured it was because there was no fuel module installed on the bike.

On the test drive I only rode for about 5 minutes, I was primarily just starting and stopping so I could shift from 1st to 2nd hitting the throttle hard to make sure it was not slipping out of gear, then I just went WFO after turning around and heading back to the guys house.

When I got back from the store tonight I left the bike running and checked for exhaust leaks.....sure enough found 3 exhaust leaks.

At each head where the exhaust connects and at one of he clamps where the pipes connect to the can. (See pic below of what the bolts that hold the exhaust to the heads looked like....and no that is not a shadow you see on the upper portion of the bolt)

Well I figured that was a sign I should just go ahead and install my VPR. So I removed the Road Burner, installed some new exhaust gaskets, chased the threads with a tap and put on the shorty. (Pic below)

Earlier, in another post I said I was an electrician by trade.....thats a good thing because the aftermarket wiring on the bike is going to be a total redo. (Pic below of what I saw when I popped the right side cover)

Did not find a ESE on the bike, but not getting a FI fault so I assume the wire is cut at the ECU.

I did find a TRE on the bike but it did not have any markings on it at all, just a generic black box.

Removed the TRE and wrote a tune to the ECU....bike sounds wicked now, it was a little tame sounding before with the long pipe and no tune.

Also the grill that is on the bike is holding the radiator shroud out and not letting it fit properly, the bottom is not clamping in like it should. I need to remove the shroud and see if the grill can be repositioned or else I will have to just pull it out and install the one I had on my other 9.

Was a long day today and I will be meeting Richard and Metalman (Mike) in the morning, we are going for a ride around Lakeland.....gotta grab a couple hours sleep now.

BCS
    After installing the vpr did you notice any air leaking from the clamps that connect the pipes to the can? No matter how much I tighten the clamps I can still feel air leaking from that connection. Stick your hand back there , do you feel it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    After installing the vpr did you notice any air leaking from the clamps that connect the pipes to the can? No matter how much I tighten the clamps I can still feel air leaking from that connection. Stick your hand back there , do you feel it as well?
    When I first put it on my 2007 and rode it for a bit I did notice that there was a little leak there, but then I tightened it up and I do not believe it is leaking now.

I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.

BCS

That exhaust bolt has been hanging out for awhile

Don't notice any LocTite residue

That exhaust bolt has been hanging out for awhile

Don't notice any LocTite residue
    Yes it looks that way.

I don't use locktite on my exhaust bolts either.....just a very small dab of never seize.

BCS

Yes it looks that way.

I don't use locktite on my exhaust bolts either.....just a very small dab of never seize.

BCS
    Same here, I'd rather have to check they're tight once in a while, than have one seize in the head!

Good sir, are you still parting this beauty out? Cusious if you are any fuel control management left? aka pc or fi controler? any night rider type lights or anything? Tail light? etc?

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

Quote Originally Posted by Viper109R View Post
    Good sir, are you still parting this beauty out? Cusious if you are any fuel control management left? aka pc or fi controler? any night rider type lights or anything? Tail light? etc?
    Sorry I kept the Knight Rider light and will put it on my 2008 on of these days.

The tail light was stock red......not integrated.

And I tune the OEM ECU directly and do not use any aftermarket add on FI or Ignition controllers on my bikes.

BCS

Default Parting Out 2007 M109r

Good afternoon Sir!

I was curious if you would happen to have the starter button switch and the kickstand safety switch available? Please forgive my ignorance if the parts aren't the correct name. My 07 is starting to have issues starting. I turn the key and the switch on and the bike lights up and you hear the fuel pump prime but as I engage the clutch and press the button, nothing happens. I hit the button quite and the button on the kickstand switch a few times and it will start. Trying to start with the least expensive parts and work my way up. The battery is completely charged so I know it's not that. Please let me know if you have them and how much you want for them at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.