Need advice

Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

pc v and k-n inside stock boxes, crash bars and freedom radius black swept and a servo eliminator! on a 2018 m109r boss black and burnt orange stripe

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    pc v and k-n inside stock boxes, crash bars and freedom radius black swept and a servo eliminator! on a 2018 m109r boss black and burnt orange stripe
    What do you need advice on?

I am comfortable with everything but I do not know anything about the freedom exhaust? Any good and does the whole thing I am about to do sound right or are there better options.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I would at least research flashing the ECU before getting the PCV. If you are going to stick with the stock air intakes, check out Ducks Covers. Len can open it up for you with a custom design and seal off the stock inlet so you are not drawing in hot air.

Exhaust, it depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I think the freedom sharp curve and the Cobra Swept look the best. For the best sound, check out the Velocity Pro race (shorter version). As far as I know, there isnít a true performance pipe out there anymore.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I would at least research flashing the ECU before getting the PCV. If you are going to stick with the stock air intakes, check out Ducks Covers. Len can open it up for you with a custom design and seal off the stock inlet so you are not drawing in hot air.

Exhaust, it depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I think the freedom sharp curve and the Cobra Swept look the best. For the best sound, check out the Velocity Pro race (shorter version). As far as I know, there isnít a true performance pipe out there anymore.
    Vance and Hines?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Vance and Hines?
    McCoy was the last exhaust that I know of that was dyno proven to add power. (No longer made) It is difficult to say for sure now. Everyone is using PowerPro, PCV with auto tune, or a canned ecu flash. Not many put their bikes on a dyno and actually have them properly tuned anymore.

Very Active Member

McCoy was the last exhaust that I know of that was dyno proven to add power. (No longer made) It is difficult to say for sure now. Everyone is using PowerPro, PCV with auto tune, or a canned ecu flash. Not many put their bikes on a dyno and actually have them properly tuned anymore.
    I believe Matt said that the Velocity Pro makes power.
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapaXCT View Post
    I believe Matt said that the Velocity Pro makes power.
    The Velocity Pro Race does make a little bit of power, but nothing near what the McCoy Pipe makes. P, is correct. Thereís no more performance pipes available for the 9 at this point. However, Iím just waiting for someone to take the time to make some slight changes to the McCoy pipe, while maintaining the power it produces, and put the product on the market for sale. Iíve actually spoken to a guy who knows exactly how to build a slightly-altered new version of the pipe, but he just doesnít have the time or patience to invest into it.

thank you all for the advice. And your bikes are bad a$$ looking great job.

Ducks site looks great!
    Last edited by 4fun; 10-29-2018 at 07:25 PM.

I like the Q5 system now that I have seen it!

The Top 3 Proven power makers listed in order that I am aware of that has been made for the M109 are

1) RAW Jr/Taz 2 into 1- no longer made
    2) Macoy pipe 2 into 1-no longer made
    3) Velocity Pro short 2 into 1- still available i think

Notice any patterns?

I do believe that the McCoy pipe was a blend of Stock head Pipes being attached to a SuperTrap Can.

Thank you all for the help, I am new too this and am off a 2010 Hayabusa. Have too slow down but still want too have fun! No more 187 mile an hour days. Luck is going too run out one day

Just build a vrod mod pipe, they are cheap and easy to do if you can weld. I swear it produces more power. I also have modded it to run a SuperTrap end cap or I can change it out to run a more of a straight through baffle. Its a deep throaty sound, I personally like the straight through baffle that I built better than the SuperTrap end cap.
    Burple, Goldwing intake mod, Vrod exhaust mod with supertrapp baffle mod, K&N filters, LE tail light, debeavered, Lowered, ARTE, Fi2000 auto tune, and tons of other mods!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post

I do believe that the McCoy pipe was a blend of Stock head Pipes being attached to a SuperTrap Can.
    That is incorrect. Custom head pipes and Vance and Hines internals. Acording to Matt, the head pipe design is what made the power. There were at least 2 versions of the McCoy and one was better than the other. Matt has one on his 9 now. He has had it for the last 2 MAMs.

That is incorrect. Custom head pipes and Vance and Hines internals. Acording to Matt, the head pipe design is what made the power. There were at least 2 versions of the McCoy and one was better than the other. Matt has one on his 9 now. He has had it for the last 2 MAMs.
    Maybe we are speaking of the 2 different versions and or Im just completely wrong and if that is the case then Thank you for clearing that up. But wasnt it McCoy who was Buying up all the stock head pipes so could make his pipe which was part of his supply chain problems excuse that lead to his failure?

Quote Originally Posted by 58vwragtop View Post
    Just build a vrod mod pipe, they are cheap and easy to do if you can weld. I swear it produces more power. I also have modded it to run a SuperTrap end cap or I can change it out to run a more of a straight through baffle. Its a deep throaty sound, I personally like the straight through baffle that I built better than the SuperTrap end cap.
    I actually have all the donor parts needed to put one of the VRod pipe Mods together but never got around to it. I am running the Raw Taz pipe now but I like the way the vrod can flows with the 9 much better than the Raw pipe does only it doesn't make as much power! Since ive slowed my roll as im gettin older I might just make the switch then sell the Raw pipe!