M109 Rider Forums banner

Never Say Never

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  kshackelford 
#1 ·
Well I always said I would never put a V-Stream on my bike........then I went and put a 12 inch tablet on my handlebars. :eek:

Looks ok when you sitting on the bike but from the front.....fuget-about-it.

I changed my mind about the V-Stream as soon as I walked around the front of the bike.

BCS

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Also installed a Cyclops headlight and Switchback running/turn signal bulbs.

Cant believe I did not do this sooner, what a difference.

(Sorry for all the sideways pictures, they are turned correct when I upload them but somehow they turn sideways on the forum)

BCS

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
This is exactly the reason I bought one and I'd say mission accomplished.

What it does: Creates a large "void" of calm air directly in front of you, chest-high. Virtually zero buffeting. No obstruction of vision as you look over the top edge of it - well, I do anyway.

What it doesn't do: Air is directed up, out, and away from your chest but will likely hit your helmet right about in the middle of your visor. For me it's a fair trade and doesnt affect my ride quality at all, but it will slam your visor shut at speed if you forget (full face helmet).

My only "minus" is irrelevant - I have my phone mounted to my bars and could snap pics and rider vids with it before the VStream. Now I can't - you can't shoot pics through the screen because of the tint and slight vibrations screw up the camera's "view" when trying to focus through it.

I personally absolutely love it - it is a fair balance between keeping the lines and looks of the bike and not making it a p.i.t.a to ride in head winds.

NSF

Ps: get the taller "touring" one not the shorty and note that only knock-offs are available in *clear* - National Cycle does not sell any legit VStreams as clear - tinted only. Fyi.

#20 · (Edited)
Why I didnt even consider a knock-off:

Because you just never know when the Apocalypse will be upon us, with zombies slinging ball bearings, babseball bats, 9mm's and shotguns at you - as everyone knows a motorcycle is your best escape vehicle and the last thing I wanna see happen is a busted windscreen while running over zombies.

#22 · (Edited)
It works good all the away up to 130 - 140 also. :p

I still don't care for the alien head look but the ride is so much better that its made a believer out of me.

I will put up with the look to get the comfort factor that the V-Stream provides.

The look is growing on me and when sitting on the bike looking over that shield it brings back memories of my FJ1200......I loved that bike, regret selling it.

As for the E-Bay knock off V-Streams.......I know a few guys that are running the knock off ones, they look exactly like the true V-Stream (minus the Nation Cycles laser etching) and supposedly are made from the same material. If the knock offs are truly made of polycarbonate then they are fine. You just want to make sure you don't get one made of a cheaper acrylic.
(Check the internet for videos of acrylic windscreens that receive and impact from something.....they go off like a grenade.)

I bought mine from Meancycles for $256.00, Its the real deal by National Cycles and shipped to my door in less than 48 hours.......I am happy with it.

BCS

#23 ·
Everybody has to do their own thing for sure. I will never put a windshield on mine, no matter what the comfort "improvement". I love the look without a shield. I have never had a problem at high speed, likely because I have dropped risers, which lean me further into the oncoming wind, which buoys me up and Voila, I'm comfortable. I've looked down at the speedometer and been caught by surprise how fast I was going. Usually, for me anyways, the hardest thing about high speed riding is keeping my feet on the pegs. Other than that, I don't have any problems with high speed. And that's with me being 57 years young too boot.

These V-streams are f--kin ugly. There's no amount of money!

#24 ·
Everybody has to do their own thing for sure.

Everybody has to do their own thing for sure. I will never put a windshield on mine, no matter what the comfort "improvement". I love the look without a shield. I have never had a problem at high speed, likely because I have dropped risers, which lean me further into the oncoming wind, which buoys me up and Voila, I'm comfortable. I've looked down at the speedometer and been caught by surprise how fast I was going. Usually, for me anyways, the hardest thing about high speed riding is keeping my feet on the pegs. Other than that, I don't have any problems with high speed. And that's with me being 57 years young too boot.
These V-streams are f--kin ugly. There's no amount of money!
:agree: with the red statement of yours. To me personally I love the VStream ,

I think it not only works well, but also compliments the "9" the best of all others

I have seen. I bought my first "9" In Europe, and through 3 summer holidays

there, I put on over 45 000 km on it, obviously most of those were long runs,

many of them on the German no speed restrictions highways. How many Km/Miles

did you put on your "9" in past 11 years? Because I can manage many short runs

without the wind shield, and enjoy it, but not on the fast lanes... JHMHO

#26 · (Edited)
I love my dark vstream windshield. I'm 6'2" I still get wind hitting me in face area but still tolerable without helmet. But without windshield i cant ride long and with windshield I can ride all day. It keeps alot of air from my chest area as well. So not as tired going on long trips. You cant go wrong with vstream very sleek look. Just wish it was a little bit taller or had little bit more curve at the top. Driving at high speeds is so much better with vstream windshield as well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.