Tall riders

Thread: Tall riders

Default Tall riders

I'm sure this was talked about before plenty but looking for new ideas. I'd love to hear from any tall riders here and stuff they did to their bikes.

I'm 6'7" and 280 lb (although this will go down soon lol).
    Just picked up a mustang wide vintage 2 piece seat from eBay (says brand new) for $125. Sweet deal considering that new is north of $400.

Haven't done bars or anything else.

Let's hear it :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I too am 6’7, I have two inch risers and a gel seat installed. The seat allows u to sit further back about 1.5 inches , things to consider

Quote Originally Posted by shift5 View Post
    I too am 6’7, I have two inch risers and a gel seat installed. The seat allows u to sit further back about 1.5 inches , things to consider
    Good point on the risers but I don't think I'll have clearance because of non standard fairing I have. I wanted to do drag bars so I reach a bit more forward. I've got long arms lol

What about setting the suspension to lowest or 2. It shouldnt set the ride down but my 280 pounds sure as hell will put the bike down an inch or so. Also mustang seat is a bucket style. Can't wait to get it but I've heard it moves u a bit forward

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Can't say for sure as to your control mounts but I got 3" forward controls (foot pegs) and love them, can stretch out

Interesting. I though about moving the controlls. What kit did u get and did u have clearance issues with your crash bars if any?

Another product to consider are adjustable bar risers by rox. There length is fixed but you can adjust the angle. Going with a shorter handlebar riser would give you more room to stretch but consider the angle you would be sitting at, could be uncomfortable. https://roxspeedfx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by shift5 View Post
    Another product to consider are adjustable bar risers by rox. There length is fixed but you can adjust the angle. Going with a shorter handlebar riser would give you more room to stretch but consider the angle you would be sitting at, could be uncomfortable. https://roxspeedfx.com/
    Hey, these are awesome!!! Thanks man. These will resolve a few clearance issues I had before with this fairing and even provide some pullback. Really cool. Also very affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by mist82 View Post
    Interesting. I though about moving the controlls. What kit did u get and did u have clearance issues with your crash bars if any?

Mine are DLX Prodox. Packed on over 3000 miles on holiday in August and being able to stretch out made it more comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Mine are DLX Prodox. Packed on over 3000 miles on holiday in August and being able to stretch out made it more comfortable
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah I logged in and page for DLX doesn't work but big dog 3" does. Only shifter side is $850. I think I'm pretty comfortable without that for now lol. That's not worth it for me at this time. But thanks again.

Yeah, not cheap. I got mine used for $350 Canadian so about $260 American

I just opened DLX site. Works for me

My bad. I was taking it that the website wasn't working but now I see what you meant about Big Dog

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Yeah, not cheap. I got mine used for $350 Canadian so about $260 American
    Yeah, that's a sweet deal. If something like that comes up I'll probably be all over it :-)

Yeah, that's a sweet deal. If something like that comes up I'll probably be all over it :-)

I would have been hard pressed to spend the money from new. Most of my mods are used and have saved me huge

im 6'3" 300 pounds, former bodybuilder with a dad bod now. I did 16" apes and crash bars with kuryakyn highway pegs. Comfortable AF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1C520086-1D59-48C4-8F51-F576E37BF29F.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	382944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	382946  

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRAFA78 View Post
    im 6'3" 300 pounds, former bodybuilder with a dad bod now. I did 16" apes and crash bars with kuryakyn highway pegs. Comfortable AF
    Nice!!! Love the blacked out look. Did you take everything off and powder coat it?

Also those bars and cables you had to replace. Do you happen to remember what and where you ordered?

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

I do a couple of long rides a year so I found those hot spots quickly enough. Added +2 risers, Ultimate seat with backrest, I built my own custom forward controls out of a set of harley forward controls and added Swingwing pegs to really stretch out.
    2009 M109R LE
    2015 Boss tins, Custom speedo and tach faces and LEDs. ISO Grips. Brake Away Cruise control. Cobra Swepts. Debeavered, Fi200R Fuel management, polished risers and trees, SS Brake lines, ATRE, Custom forward controls. HID kit. Ultimate seat and backrest. Dunlop E3s, 250 rear, Plastidipped rims, cobra solo rack

Quote Originally Posted by Fraps View Post
    I do a couple of long rides a year so I found those hot spots quickly enough. Added +2 risers, Ultimate seat with backrest, I built my own custom forward controls out of a set of harley forward controls and added Swingwing pegs to really stretch out.
    I added 4" raisers, haven't replaced the cables so I lifted the bar high and a bit forward and have the cables just where it's not right but not loose either. Feels really comfortable now, and gave kind of a nice look from the side

I would love to hear how you customised the forward controlls as this is something I would like to do but not have to pay $700 or so for something that actually fits our bike.

Very Active Member

I added 4" raisers, haven't replaced the cables so I lifted the bar high and a bit forward and have the cables just where it's not right but not loose either. Feels really comfortable now, and gave kind of a nice look from the side

I would love to hear how you customised the forward controlls as this is something I would like to do but not have to pay $700 or so for something that actually fits our bike.

All I did was remake the mounting plate. Made it out of wood first to get the dimensions right and then transferred it to some 5/16" steel. Probably overkill but what I had on hand. If anyone does this, use high grade bolts for mounting, you'll need a new brake cable for the relocated master cylinder. Bunch of little stuff from there.
    2009 M109R LE
    2015 Boss tins, Custom speedo and tach faces and LEDs. ISO Grips. Brake Away Cruise control. Cobra Swepts. Debeavered, Fi200R Fuel management, polished risers and trees, SS Brake lines, ATRE, Custom forward controls. HID kit. Ultimate seat and backrest. Dunlop E3s, 250 rear, Plastidipped rims, cobra solo rack

All I did was remake the mounting plate. Made it out of wood first to get the dimensions right and then transferred it to some 5/16" steel. Probably overkill but what I had on hand. If anyone does this, use high grade bolts for mounting, you'll need a new brake cable for the relocated master cylinder. Bunch of little stuff from there.
    And which kit from Harley did you use if you remember?

Thanks for the info!

Very Active Member

And which kit from Harley did you use if you remember?

Thanks for the info!

I bought a used set off Kijiji/Craigslist. I think it came off a sportster but I don't recall the specifics.
    2009 M109R LE

I bought a used set off Kijiji/Craigslist. I think it came off a sportster but I don't recall the specifics.
    Cool. Thanks a lot!!!

Sorry if this has been covered. But I'm 6'7 and about to change my bars out. Is there enough slack with the existing or do I need to buy longer cables? I'm not looking for huge apes, just want to get rid of the drag bars. I own a 2016 B.O.S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychnursechris View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered. But I'm 6'7 and about to change my bars out. Is there enough slack with the existing or do I need to buy longer cables? I'm not looking for huge apes, just want to get rid of the drag bars. I own a 2016 B.O.S.S.
    Anything above 2" rise you would need longer cables. Even rerouting for the 2" is tight but doable

M