Why is MSRP so high on a new 9?

Thread: Why is MSRP so high on a new 9?

Default Why is MSRP so high on a new 9?

Yeah, I know no one pays MSRP and they are deeply discounted. And yes, compared to a Harley or Indian they aren't too bad. But MSRP on a 2019 M109R is $15,149. That's more than a 'Busa or ZX-14R for example-which have far more technology and IMO have to cost considerably more to produce. To say nothing of the fact that the 9 is 12 years old-development costs and tooling have long since been paid for. I love the bike-but really in a lot of ways (especially when compared to those bikes) it's pretty simple and basic-and shouldn't be expensive to build. Just curious as to other's thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

There are two dealers selling 2019 models for $10,500 about 100 miles from my house.

Compared to it's competition it is still the best bang for your buck. The new HD is like $22k, the Ducati is close to $18k, and V-Max up there too. The Rocket is probably the next best value and no I am not taking about the new limited edition one. That's a nice bike.

If everyone else is too much more than you, then your product could be seen as inferior. Plus it only can only help the resale value.
    Last edited by UVATom; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:32 PM.

That's amazing. I paid $10,400 for mine in July 2006.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    That's amazing. I paid $10,400 for mine in July 2006.
    Tell me about it. But it was still the best bike for the money even back then.

We should have no complaints about the pricing of our 9s, especially when you look at what those misguided Harley owners are being charged for a bike that will spend the majority of its existence in the intensive care unit at the Harley Mechanical Center/Hospital aka Repair/Service Dept.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    There are two dealers selling 2019 models for $10,500 about 100 miles from my house.

Compared to it's competition it is still the best bang for your buck. The new HD is like $22k, the Ducati is close to $18k, and V-Max up there too. The Rocket is probably the next best value and no I am not taking about the new limited edition one. That's a nice bike.

If everyone else is too much more than you, then your product could be seen as inferior. Plus it only can only help the resale value.

Seems like a much more reasonable price. MSRP is ~45% higher than that, hence my question.

That's a great insight and makes sense.
    BTW, do those dealers selling for $10.5 tack on large destination fees, freight and setup, etc?
    Best I could do up here in Syracuse area was $12.3 all in / out the door

The biggest dealer on the East coast is Romney Cycles. People have traveled far to buy a bike. They sell them cheaper then anyone I know.
    https://www.romneycycles.com/invento...nia---10827551
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Quote Originally Posted by Luap View Post

That's a great insight and makes sense.
    BTW, do those dealers selling for $10.5 tack on large destination fees, freight and setup, etc?
    Best I could do up here in Syracuse area was $12.3 all in / out the door
    I have an 06 that is still running great so I have never really seriously looked. To the OPs point I have the same bike and mine is lighter.

Yup, same here. 06 that I've owned for 13 years. Still running great. I've looked at the new Nines, but not the price sticker. Not at all interested in the murdered out Nines.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

It really has not gone up much at all? List on a 2006 was like $12,400. So 13 years later it only has a list of $15,100. I even think that tariffs have gone up. And like said above, comparable bikes are even more. Bang for the buck, the 9 is hands down the winner. Plus is is the best looking bike out there for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    It really has not gone up much at all? List on a 2006 was like $12,400. So 13 years later it only has a list of $15,100. I even think that tariffs have gone up. And like said above, comparable bikes are even more. Bang for the buck, the 9 is hands down the winner. Plus is is the best looking bike out there for the money.
    Exactly. I love my B-King, and it looks killer. But my Nine next to it, the Nine is the winner. Love the looks.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Just remember that MSRP pricing is just like a speed limit sign in a curve. It may be suggested, but no one really pays it much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Just remember that MSRP pricing is just like a speed limit sign in a curve. It may be suggested, but no one really pays it much attention.
    Great analogy!

I sold motorcycles back in 2007-08 at Clawson Motorsports in Fresno, CA. back then I believe the M109r had an MSRP around $14,000. I worked out a deal for my best friend. The Manager sold it for $10,400 out the door, and I still got a small commission so there was still meat on the bone.