M109 Rider Forums banner

Official 2019 Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread

29K views 229 replies 38 participants last post by  hunt1moore 
#1 · (Edited)
Official 2019 M109R Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread

2019 M109R Mid-Atlantic Meet

This is the 12th year for this event!!!!!! So.......

Welcome to the 12th Annual Mid-Atlantic Meet!!!

When: June 17th (Monday) to 23rd (Sunday), the 23rd is the travel day.

Where: We are booked at the Maggie Valley Inn at 70 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Reservation Cut Off: All reservations must be in by MAY 1st to be able to receive the discounted room rate.

To make reservations call (866) 926-0201. Tell them that you want to book a room in the M109Riders group. If they say that they are booked, please reply to this post and I will check on it. The rate is $82.30 plus taxes per night for 3 nights or more and $89.00 per night for 2 nights or less. This is a big savings over last years rate and had to work on this for a long minute. There are NO grills allowed on site ----- UNLESS we sell the hotel out. They have a restaurant on site. There is also an open container law and parking lots are considered public domain----so watch your cans/bottles. There is plenty of truck/trailer parking out front in a grassy area---more than we have ever had in past years. The back of the building is where we will set up our area and probably block it off.

THIS IS ONLY A 40 ROOM BLOCK! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MOMENT AS THERE MAY NOT BE ROOMS AVAILABLE. MAKE THE RESERVATION NOW! "Your folks would call in individually and put the room in their name and make a 1 night deposit to hold the room/rate. WE have a 3 day cancellation policy. If they cancel 3 days or more out they receive their deposit minus a $10.00 processing fee. If they cancel less than 3 days prior they lose their deposit." IF YOU RESERVE NOW AND WE NEED MORE ROOMS, I CAN PROBABLY GET THE ROOM BLOCK INCREASED. IF WE WAIT TOO LONG, ODDS ARE WE COULD BE LOCKED IN WITH THAT BLOCK. PLEASE RESERVE NOW!

https://maggievalleyhotel.com/
https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...1!1s2018-09-30!8m2!3d35.5224556!4d-83.0294216

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Maggie+Valley+Inn+and+Conference+Center/@35.5223897,-83.0297801,198m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m10!1m2!2m1!1smaggie+valley+inn!3m6!1s0x0:0x7d5f8abaf4bc592d!5m1!1s2018-09-30!8m2!3d35.5224556!4d-83.0294216
Below is a couple of things that are extremely important and worth mentioning:

Many of you may have ridden in packs before, but you also may be riding with others who have not. These are mountain roads that are technical in a lot of areas. To be able to enjoy the ride, it's important to get everyone on the same page and talk through the riding pace and rider ability.

This post will be updated as the season moves along, so remember to check for updates. Website and Facebook links will be added soon, as well as, the vendor donations list.

Feel free to post up who is going or chat it up as this post will be mentioned on several of the FB sites and others.

Mid-Atlantic Meet Facebook page

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Attendees:

futurR - Matt - IN
Poseidon - Sean - VA (+1) Georgia
blacklightning - Keith - NC
Brad Smith - Brad - Ontario
Big Mike 109R - Mike - NC
thumperbm - Bill - VA
Big-B - Bernie - MD (+1)
Dam Guy - Bill - WV (+1)
The Other Orange 9 - Dan - OH (+1)
Bobby1048 - Bobby - OH
M109Dreamer - Shane - TX (+1) Sarah
FlyingCircus - ? ? ? - Saskatchewan
1r - Bary - OH
kshackelford - Kevin - KY (+1)
Mkasberrt@yahoo - Mike - KY
Fast Daddy - Wendell - MD (+1)
Cope109 - Sean - IN
Blessed Biker - Percival - VA
Que 109 - Michael - VA
weems109 - Steve - OH
RChow - Randy - FL
Phatm9 - Mark - IL
JSHRED - John - IL
Rodlad - Rodney IN (+1)
Crispy - Palmer - Ontario

#9 ·
I have reservations there the week of 10/8 for the Spyder Rally. I'll post a report back after our trip.

Thanks for posting so early this year Matt. Good rate too!
Good to know that you and the wife are there for the spyder rally. If you go to the google map of the hotel, we are in a townhouse just down the road from you on the golf course. We will be checking in on 10/10. Can't wait to see you there.

#10 ·
Count me in. Thanks Matt for the early posting!

#11 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, I already know I won’t be able to attend the 2019 MAM Event, because I will be knee-deep into more college classes, in pursuit of my second and my last Master Degree, when June 2019 rolls around. I know you all are going to have a GREAT time (as usual). I’ll have to settle for living the experience vicariously through the pics and videos that will come from the event.

Have a wonderful time everyone, and above all...BE SAFE ALWAYS!!! ����������

#16 ·
Unfortunately, I already know I won't be able to attend the 2019 MAM Event, because I will be knee-deep into more college classes, in pursuit of my second and my last Master Degree, when June 2019 rolls around. I know you all are going to have a GREAT time (as usual). I'll have to settle for living the experience vicariously through the pics and videos that will come from the event.

Have a wonderful time everyone, and above all...BE SAFE ALWAYS!!! ����������
Should I put you on the 2020 attendee list now, or are you going to become a professional student and start your third Masters? :joke:

You are going to have to attend the MAM one of these years so we can finally meet! :bigthumbsup:

#13 ·
Damn, no,open containers? How we gonna get all ****ed up and act silly.[emoji12] Hopefully we'll be able to make it this year.
Bernie +1

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Bill +1 WV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#30 ·
well, looks like a great adventure for next years holidays. 4 days to ride there and once I get out of Indiana I will be in new States I've never been before. The roads look like a blast all over that area. I'll spend lots of time scoping out the best routes. May take an extra day as I went to school in Minnesota so would have to call on some buddies and stop at the Alma Mater for some reminiscing.

At this point, I'd say I'm in. Would be great to meet and ride with everyone

#37 ·
Sean will you please add me as an attendee.
1r .. bary Cin ohio

#39 ·
Who else is going to the MAM next year?

For anyone that has has never been to the MAM, or anyone that didn't make it this year, check out the video below to see what you missed. The MAM is being held in the same area. Maggie Valley is the center of what is arguably the best riding on the entire east coast! I would love to see 2019 be the biggest MAM yet. Post up links on all social media you are on. Text, call, email, or smoke signal anyone you know that has, or has had a 9 in the past. All bikes are welcome so if you have friends that ride, bring them along!

Thanks to Matt getting the info out early, no one has any excuse about not being able to get the vacation time, or having to save up for the trip. Book your reservations quick. If things don't work out, you can always cancel them. If we end up needing more rooms, we will be able to get them now, but may not be able to later.

Check out the video I put together from stills and video during the 2018 MAM.

#40 ·
Great video! The other good thing is that I know exactly where each one of those were shot, and can probably point out the particular turn. Guess that is what happens after traveling the area quite a few times. The next good thing is that 2 weeks from now, I will be up there doing it all again. At this particular moment (9:13am on 10/10) we should be eating breakfast in Asheboro, at Biscuitville, on our way to Maggie Valley:bigthumbsup:8).
Can you tell that I am really looking forward to this trip?:D

#41 · (Edited)
Who else is going? Let’s get this block of rooms booked up and move on to the next block of rooms! Make your reservations now. You can always cancel if something comes up.

Be sure to post your your first name, state you live in if it isn’t posted under your avatar, and how many people you are bringing with you.

I have already been in touch touch with some of the sponsors and invited them to join us at the meet. They are already watching this thread. I’ve also sent text to several member that I haven’t seen on the site in a while. If anyone has contact info for any members that haven’t been here in a while, send them a link to this thread and tell them to sign up!

Having the attendee list fill up quickly helps us get more sponsors for the raffle, more rooms at the hotel, and a better idea of the number of attendees to plan for. This in turn helps us make the meet better for everyone. It is very difficult to plan if we don’t know how many are attending until the last minute. This is the earliest the official thread has been posted that I can remember. It gives us more time to plan, but number of attendees is a big part of that planning. If you think you are going to attend, post up and let us know!

Thanks everyone!

#54 ·
Let's bring this back up to the top. I no longer have a M109, but you know that will not stop me from coming. This year, you guys don't even have to worry about me stopping for a break. Went on a ride this past monday and found out that 100 miles is the maximum to a tank of gas on my new ride. Low fuel light actually comes on around 80 miles.
But anyway, it is now December, and I usually make 90% of my vacation reservations for the entire year by mid January. So if this is not on your list, add it now. Hope to see you there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.