Thread: Official 2019 Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Crispy - Palmer - Ontario - Just me.

See you all Tuesday !!
    Added to the list. See you Tuesday!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Does anyone have need of a seat? I was at a non-suzuki dealer picking up a new helmet shield, and during our conversation here asked what I ride, I told him, and he mentioned that he has some extra parts for the 109.
    He has 1 full set of stock seats, and a passenger seat off of an LE.
    They look to be in real good shape, I don't think they are gel.(not sure how to identify if they are gel)
    Anyways, if anyone attending the meet wants any or all of them, I can bring them along.

Quote Originally Posted by RODLAD View Post
    Does anyone have need of a seat? I was at a non-suzuki dealer picking up a new helmet shield, and during our conversation here asked what I ride, I told him, and he mentioned that he has some extra parts for the 109.
    They look to be in real good shape, I don't think they are gel.(not sure how to identify if they are gel)
    Anyways, if anyone attending the meet wants any or all of them, I can bring them along.
    The LE seat is not a gel seat, just s different skin Rodney. Gels have an angling on the back of them vs stocks roundish swoop.
    example of what I mean about a gel seat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC9DAA24-3598-4ACB-BED8-16569DF740A0.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	384152
    This is so very kind of you, I just wanted to show you the difference.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RODLAD View Post
    PM Sent!

For those that have not picked up shelter for your bike for the meet. I saw this at Costco today. It is a 10x10 easy-up style tent with what I call a carport or bikeport extension. It was very cool looking.
    here are some pictures of it.

Name:	BA133CA4-12CC-4D67-A055-8EBDEA63E19A.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	384154

Name:	D49529F5-2346-4599-AF87-84E94170D892.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	384156

Name:	AC6E1C67-0416-4E42-B86B-20F3125991C0.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	384158

I hope everyone has safe travels to the MAM. Enjoy the brotherhood and some great riding. Looking forward to start to see some pictures.

I pulled in yesterday.

Name:	B4ACD5D6-5C7E-40B4-8F01-A4892EC4EB31.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	384324

Overlook at the end of the dragon today.

Name:	5BBE4FD6-41CE-43A1-90E3-FA2B289ABD3F.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	384326

Name:	6B0326A1-92B1-4B9E-B77E-F9CBDBF47489.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	384328

It it just wouldn’t be the MAM without some rain. We stayed dry all day and had a good ride today. Rain started shortly after we got back to the hotel.

Name:	DDD2D5DE-2741-4923-9D3D-CB70C0CC04AD.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	384340

Name:	7EF4995C-97E6-4A89-AC51-F282AB6AAEA3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	384342

Name:	98DC45E7-D7E7-42C2-9BD5-472B27DD5950.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	384344

Keep dry and safe. Glad to see that you got a good ride into today.

Name:	0E4768DD-64E3-4C07-8A1D-53928DFB7C86.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	384346
    Last edited by rynosback; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Keep dry and safe. Glad to see that you got a good ride into today.

Name:	0E4768DD-64E3-4C07-8A1D-53928DFB7C86.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	384346
    WOW, that looks disappointing. Hope it's wrong

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Very Active Member

Just got here

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Exclamation

Wow, 25 attendees... that's a FAR cry from the meet attendance when it was in Virginia. What was the highest attendance, about 125?
    I guess I'm not the only one who feels the Mid-Atlantic meet should be held in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Here's hoping the 25 of you have a great time. Be safe!

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Looks like a blast. 25 is a great turnout in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    Wow, 25 attendees... that's a FAR cry from the meet attendance when it was in Virginia. What was the highest attendance, about 125?
    I guess I'm not the only one who feels the Mid-Atlantic meet should be held in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Here's hoping the 25 of you have a great time. Be safe!
    Kind of sad that a couple 3-4 hours drive is enough to to keep people from coming. You would think a week of riding the best roads in the country would be worth it. Oh well... the ones that didn’t come are the ones missing out! Those of us here are having a blast!

Also, like I’ve said before... Virginia isn’t technically part of the mid Atlantic either. Guess you have to draw the line somewhere tho.

Very Active Member

Been coming down from Toronto for multiple years, this is some of the best riding in North America.
    Rode here not three weeks ago, 12 hours isn't that long on a bike.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Looks like a blast. 25 is a great turnout in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Kind of sad that a couple 3-4 hours drive is enough to to keep people from coming. You would think a week of riding the best roads in the country would be worth it. Oh well... the ones that didn’t come are the ones missing out! Those of us here are having a blast!

Also, like I’ve said before... Virginia isn’t technically part of the mid Atlantic either. Guess you have to draw the line somewhere tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Been coming down from Toronto for multiple years, this is some of the best riding in North America.
    Rode here not three weeks ago, 12 hours isn't that long on a bike.
    All I'm saying is that the numbers speak for themselves. The Mid-Atlantic Meet was setup to bring a lot of people who ride M109s together. I attended from 2008 through 2015. Turnout ranged from about 60 for the earlier meets, to a high of somewhere around 125, with the average being closer to 80 or 90.

There was a "pre-meet" where a small number of people met in Maggie Valley. Now, that small group has chosen to move the entire event to Maggie Valley, and attendance reflects that the majority of former attendees do not want it there. Whether or not it's "sad" that 3-4 hours of additional driving (each way) keeps people from coming is not the point. The point is that it does.

It no longer matters to me. There are good roads right here in my back yard. While I miss the camaraderie of the people at the meet, and while I would love to ride the dragon in a couple of years after I retire and have the time to do so, I cannot afford the time to devote an entire day of driving, each way, to get to Maggie Valley at this time. And it seems that the absent people, up to 100 of them, feel the same way.

What's sad to *me* is that those of you who are now planning the meet don't care about the majority of M109 Riders who used to attend the meet, and are putting your own personal preferences in front of the majority's preferences. While you have said that the majority wanted it there, the numbers don't lie.

Safe riding.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

I would have loved to be there again but school and lack of resources kinda locked up the brakes up of me going this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

All I'm saying is that the numbers speak for themselves. The Mid-Atlantic Meet was setup to bring a lot of people who ride M109s together. I attended from 2008 through 2015. Turnout ranged from about 60 for the earlier meets, to a high of somewhere around 125, with the average being closer to 80 or 90.

There was a "pre-meet" where a small number of people met in Maggie Valley. Now, that small group has chosen to move the entire event to Maggie Valley, and attendance reflects that the majority of former attendees do not want it there. Whether or not it's "sad" that 3-4 hours of additional driving (each way) keeps people from coming is not the point. The point is that it does.

It no longer matters to me. There are good roads right here in my back yard. While I miss the camaraderie of the people at the meet, and while I would love to ride the dragon in a couple of years after I retire and have the time to do so, I cannot afford the time to devote an entire day of driving, each way, to get to Maggie Valley at this time. And it seems that the absent people, up to 100 of them, feel the same way.

What's sad to *me* is that those of you who are now planning the meet don't care about the majority of M109 Riders who used to attend the meet, and are putting your own personal preferences in front of the majority's preferences. While you have said that the majority wanted it there, the numbers don't lie.

Safe riding.
    What you are not realizing is that there was a vote taken at the last Staunton VA meet (for those that attended that MAM) and everyone who was there voted to move it down here. When we asked the group who was opposed, no one was. I don’t think you can get more of a majority than that!

Now that we moved it, there are complaints from those that were not even there when it was in VA, or that didn’t say anything when asked.

As for me the MAM could be on the other side of the planet I would still go. Not going and not meeting up with the awesome folks I met last year would break my heart as it is this year. For those who are whining suck it up buttercup.

US Army Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    What you are not realizing is that there was a vote taken at the last Staunton VA meet (for those that attended that MAM) and everyone who was there voted to move it down here. When we asked the group who was opposed, no one was. I don’t think you can get more of a majority than that!

Now that we moved it, there are complaints from those that were not even there when it was in VA, or that didn’t say anything when asked.
    P, I was going to make the exact same comments you made, but I didn’t want to get into a back and forth about it. It’s a shame that anyone would try to rain on the good times that the 25 of you are all having there in Maggie Valley this week. I think it just comes down to whether or not people want to or can be there for the meets, based on their own personal situations or attitudes about the location of the meets. I truly wish I could be there, but I just couldn’t pull it off. One thing I’m certain of is that you all are having an incredible time there with one another, and I hope you all don’t allow the negativity to affect what you’re doing now, or in the future with regard to the meets.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

MAM 2018 was my first time attending and I had a great time. The attendee list was 16 but more than 16 was present. I look at it this way, for those who make it want to be there. For those who don't come, didn't plan on coming, circumstances or life happens. On Tuesday I had to take my wife to the ER for pneumonia. This is her second time since April. Life happens!! Be safe, enjoy the camaraderie and good food!
    Let the Good Times Roll my Brothers and Sisters!!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

More importantly Big Mike, I hope that was the last time you will have to take her to the E.R., and her health takes a huge upward turn. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife Bro.

On another note, I’ve never attended a MAM, but have wanted to for many years now. Nevertheless, each and every year, regardless how many are in attendance, the pics from each meet are a clear indication that the folks who were in attendance at each of those meets were enjoying themselves and many others they met for the first time, immensely/tremendously! At the end of the day, isn’t that all that should really matter to anyone?
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:58 PM.

Big Mike our thoughts and prayers with you and your family and pray for her speedy recovery

US Army Retired

It is not my intention to rain on anyone's parade. (From what I understand, you guys have enough rain already.) Enjoy the riding, and enjoy the parking lot evenings. I am jealous that I cannot be there myself. Two years from July 11 is my retirement date! After that, I can do what I want, when I want!

Ride on!

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    More importantly Big Mike, I hope that was the last time you will have to take her to the E.R., and her health takes a huge upward turn. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife Bro.

On another note, I’ve never attended a MAM, but have wanted to for many years now. Nevertheless, each and every year, regardless how many are in attendance, the pics from each meet are a clear indication that the folks who were in attendance at each of those meets were enjoying themselves and many others they met for the first time, immensely/tremendously! At the end of the day, isn’t that all that should really matter to anyone?
    Amen Bobby! My wife's a fighter thru it all.

MAM 2014 would have been my first meet. I had an accident (six broken ribs/lacerated liver) one month prior to the meet. In 2015-2017 I could only take vacation during the Pre-Meet days. MAM 2018 was the first meet and I had a blast. I've also participated in three M109 Baton across America exchanges. No matter the occasion, I've enjoyed it all. Let the Good Times Roll!! Be safe my Brother!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1048 View Post
    Big Mike our thoughts and prayers with you and your family and pray for her speedy recovery

Amen Bobby! She's a fighter and ex-military so I'm enjoying not getting any commands right now. Back to my nursing duties!

It is not my intention to rain on anyone's parade. (From what I understand, you guys have enough rain already.) Enjoy the riding, and enjoy the parking lot evenings. I am jealous that I cannot be there myself. Two years from July 11 is my retirement date! After that, I can do what I want, when I want!

Ride on!
    Pete, it definitely sounded like you were jealous Looking forward to seeing you in two years. Ride safe my Brother!

I can help put an end to all the attitudes. The way I look at it is, if you want to be at the MAM then you will be at the MAM. If you do not, then it is easy to find excuses to not be. Everyone wants it to be in their back yard and even then would not show up-- proven these past 2 yrs. For those saying it is to far to spend a day driving, well others do it and even 2 days driving/riding. So most would spend driving 6hrs to Staunton and then not ride that evening. So what is the difference of driving 8,9,10hrs and then not riding. I spend 10.5hrs to Staunton. To prove my point, the pics below shows that they want to be here. There is 2 more from KY that rode.
    So, again, if you want to be here, then you will be. If you don't want to be, then it is easy to find excuses to not be. The last one makes my point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by futurR; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:14 PM.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Amen Bobby! She's a fighter and ex-military so I'm enjoying not getting any commands right now. Back to my nursing duties!
    Yeah, she’s probably a tough-cookie Mike.😁✋👍✋😁 We all are with you two in spirit, and are waiting to hear the good report regarding her health!!!