Official 2019 Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 230

Thread: Official 2019 Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread

  1. #151
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    I did a little mock up to see how I would attempt to get everything there. Looks like I will have it covered, but I might send some stuff by Jeff. We normally come up on Wednesday morning. But this year I will be leaving for the area on Tuesday. I will be visiting my sister in Cleveland, Tn., and crashing there Tuesday night. Then I will be up early Wednesday morning to get over to Maggie Valley and check out the rest of the gang. I can hardly wait. Sean, I will give you a ring when I get there on Wednesday. I hope to get there early and get some riding in.
    Name:  IMG_20190605_111257711.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  103.9 KB
    Last edited by blacklightning; 06-07-2019 at 09:57 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #152
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,573

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I did a little mock up to see how I would attempt to get everything there. Looks like I will have it covered, but I might send some stuff by Jeff. We normally come up on Wednesday morning. But this year I will be leaving for the area on Tuesday. I will be visiting my sister in Cleveland, Tn., and crashing there Tuesday night. Then I will be up early Wednesday morning to get over to Maggie Valley and check out the rest of the gang. I can hardly wait. Sean, I will give you a ring when I get there on Wednesday. I hope to get there early and get some riding in.
    Name:  IMG_20190605_111257711.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  103.9 KB
    Hey Keith, You are the Leader of our pack out of Raleigh. Well I guess KD is next in line.

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  4. #153
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I did a little mock up to see how I would attempt to get everything there. Looks like I will have it covered, but I might send some stuff by Jeff. We normally come up on Wednesday morning. But this year I will be leaving for the area on Tuesday. I will be visiting my sister in Cleveland, Tn., and crashing there Tuesday night. Then I will be up early Wednesday morning to get over to Maggie Valley and check out the rest of the gang. I can hardly wait. Sean, I will give you a ring when I get there on Wednesday. I hope to get there early and get some riding in.
    Name:  IMG_20190605_111257711.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  103.9 KB
    Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing you again. Canít wait to check out the new bike!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #154
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    No better place to wait it out than on your 9 in Maggie Valley!

    I was looking forward to finally meeting you. Maybe next year?
    Me too, it's always nice to put names to faces.I have promised the wife for the last 3 years to go. I am hoping the job parts gets done with so we can make it there in the near future.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  7. #155
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    I know that people will be arriving on different day, and that there will probably be several groups going out each day, but for those that will get there before Friday, would you please post up a particular destination or direction that you will be going on each day.
    I have a few routes and places that I will be taking, but if possible, I would like to get in with as many of you guys as possible. The only things that I will be trying to really avoid are the very popular roads on late Friday and Saturday. More people will be out and therefore the higher the risk of crashes and such. I try to do things like the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway, and even Moonshiner 28, before Friday evening. Also, if someone is going to the Devil's Triangle, I might tag alone on one of those days, but I hope it is earlier in the week. If I remember correctly, you pass near, or through Nashville to get there and that could mean lots of traffic. I tried getting there 3 years ago, and some "Good old Boys" had us almost in Kentucky before realizing that they were "F" ing with us. Might try it again, but no loss if we don't, as I remember there being coal and coal trucks all over the road. I know Crazytrain and Oink remember the last time that we went on that road together. Just bring rain gear this time so you don't have to buy a decade old poncho from a little country store (they will know what I am talking about). Lol! Hope to hear from you guys in about 1 week.

  8. #156
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Hey Keith, You are the Leader of our pack out of Raleigh. Well I guess KD is next in line.
    I wish KK was going. He could always lead you guys if you want to take the scenic route and end up in middle Tenn. or even Kentucky.
    But one thing about it, he will either get you there, or find a hotel to crash in, since he will not be on the road after 7pm.

  9. #157
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I know that people will be arriving on different day, and that there will probably be several groups going out each day, but for those that will get there before Friday, would you please post up a particular destination or direction that you will be going on each day.
    I have a few routes and places that I will be taking, but if possible, I would like to get in with as many of you guys as possible. The only things that I will be trying to really avoid are the very popular roads on late Friday and Saturday. More people will be out and therefore the higher the risk of crashes and such. I try to do things like the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway, and even Moonshiner 28, before Friday evening. Also, if someone is going to the Devil's Triangle, I might tag alone on one of those days, but I hope it is earlier in the week. If I remember correctly, you pass near, or through Nashville to get there and that could mean lots of traffic. I tried getting there 3 years ago, and some "Good old Boys" had us almost in Kentucky before realizing that they were "F" ing with us. Might try it again, but no loss if we don't, as I remember there being coal and coal trucks all over the road. I know Crazytrain and Oink remember the last time that we went on that road together. Just bring rain gear this time so you don't have to buy a decade old poncho from a little country store (they will know what I am talking about). Lol! Hope to hear from you guys in about 1 week.
    Devilís Triangle is west of Knoxville not Nashville.


  10. #158
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Devilís Triangle is west of Knoxville not Nashville.
    Yes, you are correct. I got the town name wrong. It is an experience that I will never forget. But, it was still no where near the Tenn/Kentucky line where those guys had us going through. You know me, I'm still old school and just use Maps and the sun to navigate through the mountains. Guess it is time to step into modern times and use my GPS or phone.

  11. #159
    Very Active Member Bobby1048's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Uniontown Ohio
    Posts
    559

    Default

    There are times when GPS doesnít get it right. Old school is the way to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

  12. #160
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,366

    Default

    Part of the adventure when riding is getting lost and finding new roads. Just use the GPS to get back home or the hotel.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  13. #161
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Part of the adventure when riding is getting lost and finding new roads. Just use the GPS to get back home or the hotel.
    that is definitely true. But my new scoot has about a 100 mile range. So I have to be sure to fuel up every chance that I get. Gonna be really fun though.
    And yes, I have had gps to either take me down a goat path, or even just stop, as if to say, "hey bro, we lost".

  14. #162
    Very Active Member Bobby1048's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Uniontown Ohio
    Posts
    559

    Default




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

  15. #163
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    that is definitely true. But my new scoot has about a 100 mile range. So I have to be sure to fuel up every chance that I get. Gonna be really fun though.
    And yes, I have had gps to either take me down a goat path, or even just stop, as if to say, "hey bro, we lost".
    Or you find roads like NC 63 that cuts over between Asheville and the Rattler and is almost as much fun to
    ride as the rattler! I still canít believe that road is not highlighted on the motorcycle roads map.

  16. #164
    Very Active Member RODLAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Well. I'll be there (finally). Plan on arriving Tuesday.

  17. #165
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Or you find roads like NC 63 that cuts over between Asheville and the Rattler and is almost as much fun to
    ride as the rattler! I still canít believe that road is not highlighted on the motorcycle roads map.
    Yep, we use that one too. I have gotten on it coming from Asheville in order to get to the Rattler. But I found it using a MAP. The only issue that I have found with 63 is that if you go to it from the Rattler, and head into Asheville, then the traffic near town can be bad.
    I will be coming from Tennessee via 64 on Wednesday morning. Probably check on "Fields of the Woods" if anyone wants to ride out that way and meet me.

  18. #166
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RODLAD View Post
    Well. I'll be there (finally). Plan on arriving Tuesday.
    YAY!!!!!!! It has been a while and you deserve it Rodney.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  19. #167
    Very Active Member RODLAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Yes Ryan. Last one was 2014 in Morgantown. Looking forward to this.

  20. #168
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RODLAD View Post
    Yes Ryan. Last one was 2014 in Morgantown. Looking forward to this.
    Enjoy the twisties for me also Rodney. Keep the shiny side up and have fun.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  21. #169
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RODLAD View Post
    Yes Ryan. Last one was 2014 in Morgantown. Looking forward to this.
    That was my first MAM. This year will be my 6th. It been to long Rodney!

  22. #170
    Very Active Member RODLAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    596

    Default

    I am very aware of this (it being too long). But only a week to go

  23. #171
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RODLAD View Post
    I am very aware of this (it being too long). But only a week to go
    Are you going stag or is Sandy joining you?
    Last edited by rynosback; 06-12-2019 at 02:26 AM.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  24. #172
    Very Active Member RODLAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Neither. Sandy wasn't able to get time off. So I'm bringing my youngest with me.

  25. #173
    Very Active Member some 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    I won't be making it again this yr guys, May 3, I broke my finger with a fall at work in a train yard moving a train and now I'm due for surgery June 26, then while at Americade in Lake George last weekend I went over on a U turn and while trying to hold the bike up and keep it from going over my knee gave away and looks like I may need surgery on it cause I cant support my weight on it.

    Everybody have a good time, be safe, and enjoy the ride.


    Andy Medina
    Some 9
    Last edited by some 9; 06-12-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

  26. #174
    Very Active Member Bobby1048's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Uniontown Ohio
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Wow dude, take care of yourself and pray for a speedy recovery.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2011 M109R Blue with a lot of chrome (Sally)
    I named the truck wife named the bike

  27. #175
    Very Active Member some 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    I won't be making it again this yr guys, May 3, I broke my finger with a fall at work in a train yard moving a train and now I'm due for surgery June 26, then while at Americade in Lake George last weekend I went over on a U turn and while trying to hold the bike up and keep it from going over my knee gave away and looks like I may need surgery on it cause I cant support my weight on it.

    Everybody have a good time, be safe, and enjoy the ride.


    Andy Medina
    Some 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1048 View Post
    Wow dude, take care of yourself and pray for a speedy recovery.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro, hopefully I won't kill the season getting better.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

  28. #176
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    I won't be making it again this yr guys, May 3, I broke my finger with a fall at work in a train yard moving a train and now I'm due for surgery June 26, then while at Americade in Lake George last weekend I went over on a U turn and while trying to hold the bike up and keep it from going over my knee gave away and looks like I may need surgery on it cause I cant support my weight on it.

    Everybody have a good time, be safe, and enjoy the ride.


    Andy Medina
    Some 9
    Wow! Sucks that you damaged your finger bad enough to need surgery. And then injuring your leg on top of it. What damage did the bike take?
    I hope your surgery goes well. Heal up soon Andy.

    Now back to the MAM.
    Last edited by rynosback; 06-13-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  29. #177
    Very Active Member phatm9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Getting MAM ready

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  30. #178
    Very Active Member futurR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,386

    Default

    Doesn't look like that anymore, since it was all tore apart last night. Looks good now though.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

  31. #179
    Very Active Member phatm9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Doesn't look like that anymore, since it was all tore apart last night. Looks good now though.
    Matt you know the old saying Pics or it didnt happen:)

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  32. #180
    Very Active Member Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    216

    Default YES !!!! I will be there.

    Crispy - Palmer - Ontario - Just me.

    See you all Tuesday !!


    "If you're not doing what you love, then you're wasting your time."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
-->