Official 2019 Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official 2019 Mid-Atlantic Meet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Thx, yeah we will have to wait for that one and hopefully make the 2019 MAM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Should I add you to the MAM attendee list yet?
    Last edited by Poseidon; 09-20-2018 at 07:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    well, looks like a great adventure for next years holidays. 4 days to ride there and once I get out of Indiana I will be in new States I've never been before. The roads look like a blast all over that area. I'll spend lots of time scoping out the best routes. May take an extra day as I went to school in Minnesota so would have to call on some buddies and stop at the Alma Mater for some reminiscing.

At this point, I'd say I'm in. Would be great to meet and ride with everyone
    Should I add you to the attendee list? Just need a first name and if you are bringing anyone with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Should I add you to the MAM attendee list yet?
    Yep, but I have to look at the calander and see what days I will be there. Ill post up as soon as I figure it out and know how many days we will be there. Gotta get with Kieth and see if he is doing a pre meet too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Count me in 1 rider.

The 441 looks like a great ride to come in from the North West

Is a dream of mine. I always wanted to spend time riding through that area and Georgia, Kentucky. Will check off another bucket list ride

Is a dream of mine. I always wanted to spend time riding through that area and Georgia, Kentucky. Will check off another bucket list ride

Sean will you please add me as an attendee.
    1r .. bary Cin ohio
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

Quote Originally Posted by 1r View Post
    Sean will you please add me as an attendee.
    1r .. bary Cin ohio
    Done. See you in June!

Who else is going to the MAM next year?

For anyone that has has never been to the MAM, or anyone that didnít make it this year, check out the video below to see what you missed. The MAM is being held in the same area. Maggie Valley is the center of what is arguably the best riding on the entire east coast! I would love to see 2019 be the biggest MAM yet. Post up links on all social media you are on. Text, call, email, or smoke signal anyone you know that has, or has had a 9 in the past. All bikes are welcome so if you have friends that ride, bring them along!

Thanks to Matt getting the info out early, no one has any excuse about not being able to get the vacation time, or having to save up for the trip. Book your reservations quick. If things donít work out, you can always cancel them. If we end up needing more rooms, we will be able to get them now, but may not be able to later.

Check out the video I put together from stills and video during the 2018 MAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB6bm3qo8jY

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Great video! The other good thing is that I know exactly where each one of those were shot, and can probably point out the particular turn. Guess that is what happens after traveling the area quite a few times. The next good thing is that 2 weeks from now, I will be up there doing it all again. At this particular moment (9:13am on 10/10) we should be eating breakfast in Asheboro, at Biscuitville, on our way to Maggie Valley.
    Can you tell that I am really looking forward to this trip?

Who else is going? Let’s get this block of rooms booked up and move on to the next block of rooms! Make your reservations now. You can always cancel if something comes up.

Be sure to post your your first name, state you live in if it isn’t posted under your avatar, and how many people you are bringing with you.

I have already been in touch touch with some of the sponsors and invited them to join us at the meet. They are already watching this thread. I’ve also sent text to several member that I haven’t seen on the site in a while. If anyone has contact info for any members that haven’t been here in a while, send them a link to this thread and tell them to sign up!

Having the attendee list fill up quickly helps us get more sponsors for the raffle, more rooms at the hotel, and a better idea of the number of attendees to plan for. This in turn helps us make the meet better for everyone. It is very difficult to plan if we don’t know how many are attending until the last minute. This is the earliest the official thread has been posted that I can remember. It gives us more time to plan, but number of attendees is a big part of that planning. If you think you are going to attend, post up and let us know!

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Poseidon; 10-01-2018 at 09:09 PM.

As much as I'd love to go, the distance may be just a bit much for me. It's a 7 hour ride to just to get to the US border. Is there ever an event organized in the west?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Great video! The other good thing is that I know exactly where each one of those were shot, and can probably point out the particular turn. Guess that is what happens after traveling the area quite a few times. The next good thing is that 2 weeks from now, I will be up there doing it all again. At this particular moment (9:13am on 10/10) we should be eating breakfast in Asheboro, at Biscuitville, on our way to Maggie Valley.
    Can you tell that I am really looking forward to this trip?
    How long are you around there for?

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    How long are you around there for?
    Iíll be there on Monday 10/8 - Sunday 10/14. I think Keith is pulling in on Wednesday 10/10 and heading out 10/14. Youíre welcome to join us if you are able to make it down next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    As much as I'd love to go, the distance may be just a bit much for me. It's a 7 hour ride to just to get to the US border. Is there ever an event organized in the west?
    You would probably win the furthest distance to get there if you make it. For the last year or two, bikerchicky has been organizing a meet out west. I think they had it in Las Vegas last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Iíll be there on Monday 10/8 - Sunday 10/14. I think Keith is pulling in on Wednesday 10/10 and heading out 10/14. Youíre welcome to join us if you are able to make it down next week.
    Yep, what he said. I will be pulling in on Wednesday (10/10) and leaving Sunday (10/14). All are welcome. Temps are supposed to be a little warmer than normal, which means that the fall colors will not be too great until about 5k feet and above. They also mentioned a bear alert for hikers and bicycles. Seems like they have been agressive this fall. That normally happens in the spring, but you never know.

Very Active Member

Bary and I leaving Cincinnati in morning on Friday, riding until Monday. Where u staying Friday? Will see if we can get a room.
    Brad
    Yep, what he said. I will be pulling in on Wednesday (10/10) and leaving Sunday (10/14). All are welcome. Temps are supposed to be a little warmer than normal, which means that the fall colors will not be too great until about 5k feet and above. They also mentioned a bear alert for hikers and bicycles. Seems like they have been agressive this fall. That normally happens in the spring, but you never know.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bary and I leaving Cincinnati in morning on Friday, riding until Monday. Where u staying Friday? Will see if we can get a room.
    Brad

We are staying at the Peppercorn Suites and Condos. If the wife wasn't with me, I would be at the Hearth and Home Inn. That is where Big Mike, Enoch, and KK will be staying. Nice clean room with a great rate.

Very Active Member

We are staying at the Peppercorn Suites and Condos. If the wife wasn't with me, I would be at the Hearth and Home Inn. That is where Big Mike, Enoch, and KK will be staying. Nice clean room with a great rate.
    Bary and I are staying at Maggie Valley Inn, just got here. Staying so far tonight and Sat night. Where is everyone riding tomorrow.
    Text me at 905-713-5230 if you want

Bary and I are staying at Maggie Valley Inn, just got here. Staying so far tonight and Sat night. Where is everyone riding tomorrow.

You're a trooper. Have fun

Sorry I missed you bro. There was a mix up with our condo, so we had to be switched Saturday morning. That held us up from leaving until around 11.
    I had promised the wife a shorter ride, and that we were just going down 441 to Clingmans Dome, and to Gatlinburg to hang out. Big mistake. We were in a traffic jam for over an hour going up to the Dome. After that, we just turned around and didn't even get to the parking lot. We headed back down 441 towards Gatlinburg, and were again in stop and go traffic for the last 3-4 miles before the turn to Townsend (near the Gatlinburg info center, not even in Gatlinburg). We went up that nice relaxing road, to meet about 3 miles of traffic waiting to get onto 441. That is when we knew we needed to find another way home.. We figured 321 into Pigeon Forge would be full also. So we had to take 321 to Foothills Parkway, then to 129, run the dragon, go down Moonshiner 28 to 74, and then took that into Waynesville. It was 45-50 miles longer, but we made it. So our short day ended up being about 220-230 miles. Still fun though, just not for the wife. But I will make it up to her.

Very Active Member

Catch up at MAM :)

Anyone else attending the MAM next year? Post up if you are attending.

Also, if anyone sees people on the book of faces that are attending, please let me know so I can add them to the list here.

Thanks!

Let's bring this back up to the top. I no longer have a M109, but you know that will not stop me from coming. This year, you guys don't even have to worry about me stopping for a break. Went on a ride this past monday and found out that 100 miles is the maximum to a tank of gas on my new ride. Low fuel light actually comes on around 80 miles.
    But anyway, it is now December, and I usually make 90% of my vacation reservations for the entire year by mid January. So if this is not on your list, add it now. Hope to see you there.

Let's bring this back up to the top. I no longer have a M109, but you know that will not stop me from coming. This year, you guys don't even have to worry about me stopping for a break. Went on a ride this past monday and found out that 100 miles is the maximum to a tank of gas on my new ride. Low fuel light actually comes on around 80 miles.
    But anyway, it is now December, and I usually make 90% of my vacation reservations for the entire year by mid January. So if this is not on your list, add it now. Hope to see you there.
    That's ok Keith. We had to wait for you to catch up at every gas station anyway.

I would like to go, new to the board not new to ridding, Is it a guy's only or can my wife come.
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo elimator,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4 headlight,M109R swing arm cover,M109r brake cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl, Powder coating all over, Factory Pro Evo shift star

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    I would like to go, new to the board not new to ridding, Is it a guy's only or can my wife come.
    Your wife is welcomed. There will be other wives there also.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

thank you, looking forward to the trip
    Freedom Performance Exhaust, Exhaust Servo elimator,O2 sensors Removed,PC V,Grasshopper seat rest,Rear seat backrest,USB Phone charger,Pair valve blocked off, LED light kit with remote, derby cover M109R,JDM switchbacks. JDM H4 headlight,M109R swing arm cover,M109r brake cover,Tank bra, Spike air intake, Quick disconnect rear seat back,quick disconnect cowl, Powder coating all over, Factory Pro Evo shift star

Sean, you can add my wife (+1 Sarah). She will be bringing her Spyder..

Now just need to find a trailer......
    Last edited by M109Dreamer; 12-06-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    That's ok Keith. We had to wait for you to catch up at every gas station anyway.
    I don't think you will have that problem this year my brother! By that time, the Max and I will be operating as one. I can already say, that without even trying, I am much faster on this bike than I could ever imagine being on the M109. And that is with less than 200 miles of riding it. With this baby in my stable, I might have to actually add a battery tender to the spyder, as it is not getting very much ride time.