M109 Rider Forums banner

question about oil filters

5K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  FlyingCircus 
#1 ·
Hi fellow riders

Still a new C rider, still learning about the bike. So far I love it. The hard second gear shift is a bit weird, but i'm used to it now.

I have a question about oil filters. I'll be doing my first oil change probably in october, before I stop riding for the season. Before I get too deep into this, I'll mention that I'm in Toronto, Canada. So I stopped into Canadian Tire on the weekend just to browse around and decided to check out oil filters for the C. I've been told to avoid fram as they are not recommended by pretty much everyone. Aside from ordering a K&N filter, the only off the shelf option appears to be the Mobil 1 M1MC-133.

What is everyone using? There seem to be more options in the USA, but I can't get them here.

Also, I have heard that there is an adapter out their that we can use so we can change our filters to the same size used by honda, yamaha and kawasaki. Has anyone used one? is it worth the effort to put one in?

All feedback is appreciated. Keep the rubber down.

See less See more
#14 ·
So speaking off of second hand knowledge here but my understanding is since k&n moved production overseas their filters have not been very good. My understanding is they were banned from motorcycle racing due to leaking oil.

I was told that hi flo is what k&n used to be.

Take it for what it is. I'm too lazy to verify any of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.