ďSTAY PUTĒ Fuel Tank front cushion for M109R

Thread: ďSTAY PUTĒ Fuel Tank front cushion for M109R

Default ďSTAY PUTĒ Fuel Tank front cushion for M109R

Stock rubber cushion always comes loose and fall off when we removing the tank. This newly developed cushion has a tighter fit and stays put whenever you moving off your fuel tank.

features:

1. The new one made of Polyurethane, got better durability and longer lifespan

2. No more tank loose caused by the friction between the tank and stock rubber cushion. The fuel tank will stay firmly on the frame.

3. The stock one has a larger center hole so usually fall off when you removing the fuel tank but ours measure precisely so it wonít even move a bit after you put it on!

sold in pair link: http://www.revo-cycles.com/shop/stay...ion-for-m109r/

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	優力膠油箱緩衝墊片.jpg†
Views:	73†
Size:	54.3 KB†
ID:	379516

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So, when are we going to see the exhaust system with a muffler on each side?

I may end up ordering some of these tank bushings. I agree about the stock ones, they fall off and roll somewhere that takes forever to find. Had one fall off one day, and if I hadn't seen it, I never would've found it. Fell off, rolled out my garage and started rolling downhill. Could've gone a long way. Timbukto.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 09-01-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post

I may end up ordering some of these tank bushings. I agree about the stock ones, they fall off and roll somewhere that takes forever to find. Had one fall off one day, and if I hadn't seen it, I never would've found it. Fell off, rolled out my garage and started rolling downhill. Could've gone a long way. Timbukto.
    Rob, those tank bushings way overpriced. They are not worth $27.00 per pair, plus shipping cost, which will likely be at least an additional $15.00. You can make your own tank bushings more stable by simply squeezing some silicone inside each one, and then putting them back in place and allowing the silicone to dry. They will be just as stable as those tank bushings Rainey is pushing, and all it will cost you is the price of a small tube of silicone, if you don’t already have some. The idea/solution was shared with me by a very good friend of mine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Rob, those tank bushings way overpriced. They are not worth $27.00 per pair, plus shipping cost, which will likely be at least an additional $15.00. You can make your own tank bushings more stable by simply squeezing some silicone inside each one, and then putting them back in place and allowing the silicone to dry. They will be just as stable as those tank bushings Rainey is pushing, and all it will cost you is the price of a small tube of silicone, if you donít already have some. The idea/solution was shared with me by a very good friend of mine.

+1 no need to send money . Almost everybody has an open silicone tube sitting into the garage /shed. At last 6$ and you get a tube.

Rob, those tank bushings way overpriced. They are not worth $27.00 per pair, plus shipping cost, which will likely be at least an additional $15.00. You can make your own tank bushings more stable by simply squeezing some silicone inside each one, and then putting them back in place and allowing the silicone to dry. They will be just as stable as those tank bushings Rainey is pushing, and all it will cost you is the price of a small tube of silicone, if you donít already have some. The idea/solution was shared with me by a very good friend of mine.
    That's a brilliant idea too, but I have to say the price $27 almost is for shipping...we already included the shipping cost into every product to the US...

My fuel tank wiggles a bit when riding. Wondering if it's because of the large hole in the bushing, or just the bushing too soft. I know there one's Rainey has here are going to be firmer than the stock rubber pieces. Would likely eliminate the bit of wiggle I see. May try the silicone thing just for ****s and grins.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by MR.X View Post
    +1 no need to send money . Almost everybody has an open silicone tube sitting into the garage /shed. At last 6$ and you get a tube.
    I would much rather do a little fix-it-yourself job by using a bit of silicone on the stock grommets/bushings, rather than unnecessarily paying $27.00 for two measly rubber grommets/bushings to achieve the same outcome. Perhaps, if I had somehow lost one or both of my stock grommets/bushings, I might consider purchasing the Revo version bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainey5230 View Post
    That's a brilliant idea too, but I have to say the price $27 almost is for shipping...we already included the shipping cost into every product to the US...
    I bought a Servo Buddy from you about 2-3 years ago, and I think I paid shipping cost in addition to the cost of the product. Nevertheless, the fact that youíve stated the shipping costs are incorporated into all your product costs confirms that customers are being charged shipping costs. Theyíre simply imbedded/hidden in your product costs. In any event, I believe $27.00 for two very simple rubber grommets/bushings is a bit much. However, I would possibly consider your product, if I somehow lost my stock grommets/bushings.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post

LOL, I lost one too. No idea where it wound up. Bought 3 at the dealership for backup

Adding silicone is a short term temporary fix. I added silicone to both bushings several years ago and over time it still worked itself loose and the bushings started coming off again. I bought new bushings from the dealer about 2 years ago and so far they stay have stayed on with no problem and without adding silicone.

same here. put them in at start of season and still all good

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    Adding silicone is a short term temporary fix. I added silicone to both bushings several years ago and over time it still worked itself loose and the bushings started coming off again. I bought new bushings from the dealer about 2 years ago and so far they stay have stayed on with no problem and without adding silicone.
    So, I suppose the new bushings will start coming off in due time, since theyíre the same as the stock bushings you had before. Personally, I believe adding the silicone will help them stay in place longer. Is it possible that you may have not used enough silicone, or never allowed the silicone to cure and harden long enough before riding the bike? I donít know. Iím just thinking out loud.

I cleaned mine with alcohol real good and used some RTV. Let its setup overnight and I havent had any issues with mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I added Black RTV Silicon to mines about 3 years ago and have had no problems since. As for Revo Cycles products if he was state side and we didn't have to pay for the embedded shipping cost, I'm sure most would have more of his products on our bikes.

Disclaimer: I know this is an older thread but something to think about for the future:

For everyone complaining about shipping and his price, would you still be complaining if he was local to you and had a brick and mortar and therefore had to charge more to support that just like all the dealers do? Or would you be OK with it because you are supporting a local business? The guy goes to the trouble of making unique parts for this bike, or at minimum finding them and getting them out on market, he can’t comtrol the shipping rates. Would you prefer he just makes nothing for the bikes at all and there is one less option out there to chose from? Are people THAT hard up over $27 that the guy can’t make $3 for doing the legwork of finding and/or offering the part, advertising it, packaging it, shipping it, dealing with any issues that come up? Everyone knows shipping is high these days and he is including shipping from OVERSEAS within the $27 and people are complaining about it. Come on guys, he’s bringing an OPTION, if you don’t like it don’t buy it, no need to go on a rant and try to diminish the guys sales complaining about $27. If you can’t get behind spending a few extra dollars with someone who is bringing options for your, lets be honest, mostly niche application, then you should be reconsidering your spending priorities. He’s supporting the bike and keeping relavent parts coming. Is it that far fetched to show him some support and at bare minimum keep your issues with the shipping rates (which aren’t even under his control) at bay?
    Last edited by Macd7919; 12-06-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macd7919 View Post
    Disclaimer: I know this is an older thread but something to think about for the future:

For everyone complaining about shipping and his price, would you still be complaining if he was local to you and had a brick and mortar and therefore had to charge more to support that just like all the dealers do? Or would you be OK with it because you are supporting a local business? The guy goes to the trouble of making unique parts for this bike, or at minimum finding them and getting them out on market, he canít comtrol the shipping rates. Would you prefer he just makes nothing for the bikes at all and there is one less option out there to chose from? Are people THAT hard up over $27 that the guy canít make $3 for doing the legwork of finding and/or offering the part, advertising it, packaging it, shipping it, dealing with any issues that come up? Everyone knows shipping is high these days and he is including shipping from OVERSEAS within the $27 and people are complaining about it. Come on guys, heís bringing an OPTION, if you donít like it donít buy it, no need to go on a rant and try to diminish the guys sales complaining about $27. If you canít get behind spending a few extra dollars with someone who is bringing options for your, lets be honest, mostly niche application, then you should be reconsidering your spending priorities. Heís supporting the bike and keeping relavent parts coming. Is it that far fetched to show him some support and at bare minimum keep your issues with the shipping rates (which arenít even under his control) at bay?
    None of the above.

The factory ones are fine, just have to line them up. No need for these

And I support him. I have bought Hydraulic clutch, Knight Rider Cowl signal/tail/Brake light, LED signal relay

and I just bought product from Revzilla. $15 part for exhaust and I paid with shipping $70 Canadian. It is what it is

For everyone complaining about shipping and his price, would you still be complaining if he was local to you and had a brick and mortar and therefore had to charge more to support that just like all the dealers do? Or would you be OK with it because you are supporting a local business? The guy goes to the trouble of making unique parts for this bike, or at minimum finding them and getting them out on market, he canít comtrol the shipping rates. Would you prefer he just makes nothing for the bikes at all and there is one less option out there to chose from? Are people THAT hard up over $27 that the guy canít make $3 for doing the legwork of finding and/or offering the part, advertising it, packaging it, shipping it, dealing with any issues that come up? Everyone knows shipping is high these days and he is including shipping from OVERSEAS within the $27 and people are complaining about it. Come on guys, heís bringing an OPTION, if you donít like it donít buy it, no need to go on a rant and try to diminish the guys sales complaining about $27. If you canít get behind spending a few extra dollars with someone who is bringing options for your, lets be honest, mostly niche application, then you should be reconsidering your spending priorities. Heís supporting the bike and keeping relavent parts coming. Is it that far fetched to show him some support and at bare minimum keep your issues with the shipping rates (which arenít even under his control) at bay?
    This IS an open forum that allows members to post their opinions and perceptions about anything posted on the forum (with respect). If some of us perceive that an item is overpriced or anything else, we have the right and latitude to respond accordingly. The #1 reason Rainey posts items for sale on this forum is NOT about his concern for offering new products to the M109R community. It is his desire to make money that is his #1 priority. Everything he produces and sells is well overpriced. Iím not sure if itís a result of his costs of material, manufacturing costs, or shipping costs, or if itís a combination of all aspects of his business. I understand Raineyís desire and need to operate as a Global Organization. His sales are likely very likely limited in Taiwan only, so he offers them up here in the U.S. and anywhere else to increase his sales. What he needs to realize is that his products still have to be competitive in each market abroad, and he has failed to do that. His product pricing is exorbitant in comparison to his competitors here in the U.S., which has limited his sells. Personally, if I find any product to be excessively expensive, and I know of a better and less expensive work around without compromising the quality, Iím going to chime in and share that information every time. What is very good about this forum is that most members are not afraid to express themselves and/or to help other members to avoid spending more for an item than is reasonably necessary. Most consumers today donít give a hoot about supporting local businesses. Theyíre looking for the best product at the best price, with price being very important. What we ar experiencing these days are many manufacturers and vendors who are producing and selling inferior products at a premium cost and then failing to back their inferior products when they fail to live up to the consumerís reasonable expectations. Rainey is a business person first and foremost, and his main goal is to make money at the end of the day.

This IS an open forum that allows members to post their opinions and perceptions about anything posted on the forum (with respect). If some of us perceive that an item is overpriced or anything else, we have the right and latitude to respond accordingly. The #1 reason Rainey posts items for sale on this forum is NOT about his concern for offering new products to the M109R community. It is his desire to make money that is his #1 priority. Everything he produces and sells is well overpriced. I’m not sure if it’s a result of his costs of material, manufacturing costs, or shipping costs, or if it’s a combination of all aspects of his business. I understand Rainey’s desire and need to operate as a Global Organization. His sales are likely very likely limited in Taiwan only, so he offers them up here in the U.S. and anywhere else to increase his sales. What he needs to realize is that his products still have to be competitive in each market abroad, and he has failed to do that. His product pricing is exorbitant in comparison to his competitors here in the U.S., which has limited his sells. Personally, if I find any product to be excessively expensive, and I know of a better and less expensive work around without compromising the quality, I’m going to chime in and share that information every time. What is very good about this forum is that most members are not afraid to express themselves and/or to help other members to avoid spending more for an item than is reasonably necessary. Most consumers today don’t give a hoot about supporting local businesses. They’re looking for the best product at the best price, with price being very important. What we ar experiencing these days are many manufacturers and vendors who are producing and selling inferior products at a premium cost and then failing to back their inferior products when they fail to live up to the consumer’s reasonable expectations. Rainey is a business person first and foremost, and his main goal is to make money at the end of the day.
    I agree with that. It's a business so he is of course looking to make money at the end of the day like anyone would. And yes, this is of course a free speech forum, my intent was not to contest that. Furthermore, when I say "you" here I'm not singling anyone out, I'm using the term in regards to the group as a whole.

Moving on....Again, the point of my post was that regardless if people feel it's overpriced, or the shipping is too high, or whatever the issue may be, Rainey still spends a lot of time bringing offerings (i.e. options which you have the choice to buy) to the table. The M109R is not a big market, this isn't a Harley variant that has every manufacturer in the world making 1000 parts for it, he could spend his time elsewhere, but he still puts the option out there which includes some unique items. Why bust the guys balls over something he has no control of such as shipping? There are literally people above complaining because he includes shipping in the price of his $27 product. Let's be realistic, if the product cost him $10 to make, then another $10 to ship, and say $1 for shipping supplies, he's making $6 off the top. That doesn't include his overhead, his time, his fuel to drop products off to ship, his time dealing with install questions, warranty issues, etc... Get real guys, things aren't free. If people enjoy options then spend a few extra dollars to support those providing them. Maybe this isn't the product for you but there is no need to go on complaining about him including the cost of shipping, or how things can be done without his product, etc... If it's such a big deal then spend 10 minutes making a DIY post in the proper thread instead of bashing the guy in his OWN vendor thread (which on top of everything I'm sure he pays for which ALSO helps support this forum being around). Long story short, if WE want options for our bike, then there should be at least a minimum level of support (and respect) for the people spending the time to provide them. Bashing the guy with complaints (especially over shipping which is out of his control) in his own sponsored forum, then trying to persuade people away from the product with workarounds, is bad form and in poor taste. I'm all for sharing information but make a DIY thread with your idea or make a thread in the general section concerning your issues with quality, don't come dump on the guys thread then try to dissuade people from his OPTION. If that's how we treat our vendors there won't be any vendors left at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Macd7919; 12-07-2018 at 02:15 PM.

I agree with that. It's a business so he is of course looking to make money at the end of the day like anyone would. And yes, this is of course a free speech forum, my intent was not to contest that. Furthermore, when I say "you" here I'm not singling anyone out, I'm using the term in regards to the group as a whole.

Moving on....Again, the point of my post was that regardless if people feel it's overpriced, or the shipping is too high, or whatever the issue may be, Rainey still spends a lot of time bringing offerings (i.e. options which you have the choice to buy) to the table. The M109R is not a big market, this isn't a Harley variant that has every manufacturer in the world making 1000 parts for it, he could spend his time elsewhere, but he still puts the option out there which includes some unique items. Why bust the guys balls over something he has no control of such as shipping? There are literally people above complaining because he includes shipping in the price of his $27 product. Let's be realistic, if the product cost him $10 to make, then another $10 to ship, and say $1 for shipping supplies, he's making $6 off the top. That doesn't include his overhead, his time, his fuel to drop products off to ship, his time dealing with install questions, warranty issues, etc... Get real guys, things aren't free. If people enjoy options then spend a few extra dollars to support those providing them. Maybe this isn't the product for you but there is no need to go on complaining about him including the cost of shipping, or how things can be done without his product, etc... If it's such a big deal then spend 10 minutes making a DIY post in the proper thread instead of bashing the guy in his OWN vendor thread (which on top of everything I'm sure he pays for which ALSO helps support this forum being around). Long story short, if WE want options for our bike, then there should be at least a minimum level of support (and respect) for the people spending the time to provide them. Bashing the guy with complaints (especially over shipping which is out of his control) in his own sponsored forum, then trying to persuade people away from the product with workarounds, is bad form and in poor taste. I'm all for sharing information but make a DIY thread with your idea or make a thread in the general section concerning your issues with quality, don't come dump on the guys thread then try to dissuade people from his OPTION. If that's how we treat our vendors there won't be any vendors left at the end of the day.
    It’s obvious that you have some level of concern for vendors and suppliers, which is your prerogative. I clearly pointed out that Rainey’s pricing is exorbitant on everything he produces and sells, which is factual. If he can’t provide competitive pricing there’s always going to be someone here who will have something to say about it. As well, it’s never the consumer’s responsibility to have compassion for what it costs a manufacturer or vendor to supply items to a given market. It is however, the right of any consumer to refute exorbitant pricing whenever they feel necessary.

You act as if Rainey is doing this Forum a favor by providing his expensive products and/or being a vendor. This forum existed long before Rainey deciding to become a vendor, and it will last long after he’s gone. No “one” entity is going to make or break this Forum. As with any other vendor, Rainey is in it to drive forum customers to make purchases with his company. It’s not for any other reason, especially not because he’s so dedicated to providing aftermarket parts for the 9. It’s primarily about him making money. The truth is simply that his stuff is overpriced. Furthermore, I and most other consumers don’t and shouldn’t give a damn about what any supplier or vendor has to endure to sell his/her products. They’re in it to make the most money possible, and consumers are in it to get the best product at the lowest cost possible. Additionally, we have no obligation to purchase his products regardless if he’s a vendor or not. Before offering his products up for purchase, perhaps Rainey should consider whether it’s worth it to produce such small items and then charge a premium price for them, knowing consumers can get those parts at a much lower cost from other suppliers. Most members of this forum don’t have a problem spending money on items that warrant the asking price, but we will question any and everything that comes across as being out of the ordinary. If you want to purchase every item that Rainey has available for your 9 that’s your business, just as it is mine or anyone else’s business to question his products for any reason we feel necessary. If that comes across as being harsh, perhaps Rainey should find another avenue of selling his overly-expensive products. Personally, I’m not impressed by any of his products, and that may very well have to do with my belief that he’s gouging consumers by pricing his stuff far too high. I understand he has to have a margin on his products, but it seems as if he has too much of a margin markup. Not one of us knows whether that’s true or not, because we don’t know what his cost for materials and manufacturing are. What we do know is that his pricing is much higher than most suppliers, which is why certain comments are made regarding the cost of $27 for a set of rubber grommets that normally costs $8 to $10.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 12-07-2018 at 06:08 PM.

It’s obvious that you have some level of concern for vendors and suppliers, which is your prerogative. I clearly pointed out that Rainey’s pricing is exorbitant on everything he produces and sells, which is factual. If he can’t provide competitive pricing there’s always going to be someone here who will have something to say about it. As well, it’s never the consumer’s responsibility to have compassion for what it costs a manufacturer or vendor to supply items to a given market. It is however, the right of any consumer to refute exorbitant pricing whenever they feel necessary.

You act as if Rainey is doing this Forum a favor by providing his expensive products and/or being a vendor. This forum existed long before Rainey deciding to become a vendor, and it will last long after he’s gone. No “one” entity is going to make or break this Forum. As with any other vendor, Rainey is in it to drive forum customers to make purchases with his company. It’s not for any other reason, especially not because he’s so dedicated to providing aftermarket parts for the 9. It’s primarily about him making money. The truth is simply that his stuff is overpriced. Additionally, he should consider whether it’s worth it to produce such small items and then charge a premium price for them, knowing consumers can get those parts at a much lower cost from other suppliers. Most members of this forum don’t have a problem spending money on items that warrant the asking price, but we will question any and everything that comes across as being out of the ordinary. If you want to purchase every item that Rainey has available for your 9 that’s your business, just as it is mine or anyone else’s business to question his products for any reason we feel necessary. If that comes across as being harsh, perhaps Rainey should find another avenue of selling his overly-expensive products. Personally, I’m not impressed by any of his products, and that may very well have to do with my belief that he’s gouging consumers by pricing his stuff far too high. I understand he has to have a margin on his products, but it seems as if he has too much of a margin markup. Not one of us knows whether that’s true or not, because we don’t know what his cost for materials and manufacturing are. What we do know is that his pricing is much higher than most suppliers, which is why certain comments are made regarding the cost of $27 for a set of rubber grommets that normally costs $8 to $10.
    We are arguing two different subjects here. I have zero relation to vendors and my concern is not for them but for maintaining the flow of products available for a platform which is not a mainstream application. The claim that his pricing is exorbitant as being factual is truly the opposite of the case. An item is worth whatever someone will pay for it. I’m sure you can think of an item that was just the smallest bit different from another but that small detail was worth a higher price to you. It could be the finish, color, operational function, it could just be the style of a $1 sticker on something but that’s all that matters. Value is 100% based on the opinion of the buyer, claiming it’s factual is truly incorrect. There are bikes I see here with $10,000 of work done to them that I would be hard pressed to pay $1k for. Someone else might absolutely love it and pay $20k for it. So which value is correct? Neither. Value is a function of opinion, not fact.

Instead of going round and round I will simplify it down to this. You wouldn’t go in the classifieds thread and find someone’s personal ad and proceed to go on a rant about how they are charging too much shipping, how their item can be bought down the street for $xxx, how what they are selling isn’t worth the asking price etc... I’m assuming 99% of the people here have more tact and respect for other members than to do that. You see the item, decide it’s not for you, and move on. They are entitled to ask what they want as you are for any item you are selling. Why is it any different in this case? Especially since he is a vendor who pays, which in turn, keeps the forum going. Do you think the owner of this forum is going to come into the vendors section and make negative posts about any of the vendors or their products regardless of their personal feelings about the matter? I wonder why? There is a place for everything, as I said, trashing the guy on his own thread is no different than trashing another member in theirs. You can make the argument all day long about how if something is priced a certain way it’s your right to say something, that doesn’t change the fact that ultimately it’s only working to limit options via negativity to someone who provides products regardless if they are ones you personally value or not. If the claim about wanting to help forum members is the true reason for the posts above, why has no one made a thread about the tank mounts and silicone fix in the appropriate thread, or requested it be added to the DIY thread? Instead, it’s only used here for a negative purpose (to dissuade people from doing business with Revo) where no one will find it unless they happen to stumble across it randomly. Anyways, I think I’ve made the point I was intending and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I think it’s cool that the initiative was taken to address an issue and make the bushings out of poly vs the factory material and I will consider them next time I have my tank off and find the factory bushing are degraded. To ME, that is a better long term option than gluing degraded rubber bushings in place to extend their service life.
    Last edited by Macd7919; 12-07-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Default 4-Sale rule #6

6.) If you do not have anything to contribute to a thread, please don't post.

This includes telling people they can't/won't get what they want for something. Saying "I can find it cheaper on Ebay" etc. is also unacceptable, and your posts will be deleted. If you have a problem with the price someone is charging, send them a PM.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

I
    We are arguing two different subjects here. I have zero relation to vendors and my concern is not for them but for maintaining the flow of products available for a platform which is not a mainstream application. The claim that his pricing is exorbitant as being factual is truly the opposite of the case. An item is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Iím sure you can think of an item that was just the smallest bit different from another but that small detail was worth a higher price to you. It could be the finish, color, operational function, it could just be the style of a $1 sticker on something but thatís all that matters. Value is 100% based on the opinion of the buyer, claiming itís factual is truly incorrect. There are bikes I see here with $10,000 of work done to them that I would be hard pressed to pay $1k for. Someone else might absolutely love it and pay $20k for it. So which value is correct? Neither. Value is a function of opinion, not fact.

Instead of going round and round I will simplify it down to this. You wouldnít go in the classifieds thread and find someoneís personal ad and proceed to go on a rant about how they are charging too much shipping, how their item can be bought down the street for $xxx, how what they are selling isnít worth the asking price etc... Iím assuming 99% of the people here have more tact and respect for other members than to do that. You see the item, decide itís not for you, and move on. They are entitled to ask what they want as you are for any item you are selling. Why is it any different in this case? Especially since he is a vendor who pays, which in turn, keeps the forum going. Do you think the owner of this forum is going to come into the vendors section and make negative posts about any of the vendors or their products regardless of their personal feelings about the matter? I wonder why? There is a place for everything, as I said, trashing the guy on his own thread is no different than trashing another member in theirs. You can make the argument all day long about how if something is priced a certain way itís your right to say something, that doesnít change the fact that ultimately itís only working to limit options via negativity to someone who provides products regardless if they are ones you personally value or not. If the claim about wanting to help forum members is the true reason for the posts above, why has no one made a thread about the tank mounts and silicone fix in the appropriate thread, or requested it be added to the DIY thread? Instead, itís only used here for a negative purpose (to dissuade people from doing business with Revo) where no one will find it unless they happen to stumble across it randomly. Anyways, I think Iíve made the point I was intending and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I think itís cool that the initiative was taken to address an issue and make the bushings out of poly vs the factory material and I will consider them next time I have my tank off and find the factory bushing are degraded. To ME, that is a better long term option than gluing degraded rubber bushings in place to extend their service life.
    You can purchase whatever you want from Rainey. What you canít do and wonít do is prohibit me or anyone else from posting what we think about any product or vendor thatís posted on this forum. I certainly have purchased items over another based on small details, but not when the more detailed item is overpriced and not competitively priced as it is in this case, regarding the Tank Mount Rubber Cushion Grommets. Furthermore, value is NOT 100% buyer opinion based. In order to have success in sales as a supplier/manufacturer/vendor, the value of an item MUST be competitive, as well as reasonable. With a one-off item being sold to one individual who might value the item at its asking price, your claim of value being 100% buyer opinion based has some merit. Otherwise, your statement is grossly false and extremely inaccurate. The example you used regarding an individual selling an item through a classified ad is totally different than a supplier or vendor selling reproducible products on a forum or to a broad segment of potential buyers. Regarding your example, thereís no need to go on a rant about an item in a classified ad. Have you ever heard of negotiating a price? Thatís what usually happens when individuals aspire to purchase items via the classified ads. Instead of posting oneís discontent regarding the price, individuals will negotiate the price instead. Iíve never purchased an item from an individual without negotiating a price that both parties can accept, because I know in almost every instance the seller perceives the value of the item theyíre selling to be worth more than itís actuall worth. It happens regularly on this forum, as many members attempt to sell their heavily modified or custom 9s for far more than theyíre actually worth, which is usually just a bit over the book value. 99% of the time, both parties are involved in negotiating an acceptable price to close the deal.

When manufacturers/suppliers/vendors offer products to any market they should first analyze the market and price their products to be competitive with those who are already established in that market. Thatís called Market Value, which is the average cost of a product in a given market. One of the most difficult things to do in business is to bring a new but similar product to a market, due to ďbarriers to entryĒ for that market, which will always be plentiful. New entrants will likely NOT succeed by bringing a similar and already known product to a market at a cost that is exponentially more expensive than any other supplier in that market. Youíre right, suppliers can ask any price they see fit to ask. Consumers can also refute those prices and refuse to buy based on those exorbitant prices. This issue is a prime example of that. If itís priced too high, things like this will likely happen, and the sales will be hampered. The suppliers/vendors are going to get their butts ripped by the very market segment/consumers they are targeting, as consumers should NOT accept items that are overpriced, and they should make their perspectives known.

This is not just about Raineyís shipping costs. This is AGAIN about his high product costs, which is the case for practically everything he produces. Itís TOTALLY the supplierís/vendorís responsibility to analyze and consider ALL of the challenges he/she will face, and subsequently address them BEFORE he/she tries to enter their products into a market. So, when any consumer challenges the supplier on an issue regarding their product itís often due to an error on behalf of the supplierís own market analysis, or lack there of.

I have a BBA with a 3.915 GPA and an MBA with a 3.975 GPA, both of which Iíve obtained over the last 4 years. Iím not merely stating my opinion. Iím stating business facts based on business doctrine. Believe it or not, most entrepreneurs donít have a clue when it comes to bringing their new products into an already existing market, and ultimately they end up eating all or most of their inventory because they didnít do their necessary homework prior to entry into the market. As a supplier you MUST be honest with yourself and ask what will most consumers be willing to pay for the product(s) you plan to offer, before you ever start production on the product. What you should never do is produce a product an then try to force it on consumers at some predetermined outrageous price. Establishing competitive pricing can be accomplished through doing surveys, raffles, giveaways, etc. to introduce the product and ask consumers to provide their feedback, to include pricing. But most often, new competitors review the pricing of their competition to determine their own market price. Apparently, Rainey is not doing that, because his prices are ALWAYS overpriced and out in left field somewhere. Open-minded and truly successful business owners will ALWAYS consider the negative feedback to assist themselves in reanalyzing their product offering in totality. If they only read and consider positive feedback they wonít likely attempt to improve any aspect of a given product, which includes pricing.

You are still completely missing my point and Iím not quite sure where you took that I was attempting to ďlimit what you can sayĒ. If itís in regards to the post above yours, those apparently are the rules of the forum which I have nothing to do with. Nor do I have anything to do with how they are enforced but they do seem pretty clear on what is accepted on this forum and applicable to quite a few of the posts above. Either way, itís OK, we all can have different opinions. I feel like I have made my position clear and I stand by it. Congrats on your achievements.

You are still completely missing my point and Iím not quite sure where you took that I was attempting to ďlimit what you can sayĒ. If itís in regards to the post above yours, those apparently are the rules of the forum which I have nothing to do with. Nor do I have anything to do with how they are enforced but they do seem pretty clear on what is accepted on this forum and applicable to quite a few of the posts above. Either way, itís OK, we all can have different opinions. I feel like I have made my position clear and I stand by it. Congrats on your achievements.
    Thanks for the congrats. I donít think I missed your point at all. Youíre questioning why myself and other members are questioning this product pricing and posting unsupportive comments on a thread regarding a vendor trying to bring attention to a new product heís attempting to sell to members of this forum. As well, Iíve made my position very clear, and I stand by it also, which is, myself and other members can and will question anything coming from anyone or any vendor that seems out of the ordinary. If itís posted here on this forum, and thereís something questionable about it, it will be addresed here on this forum...at least by me anyway. Iím not one for simply accepting whatever people throw out there, and I will express my comments, concerns, or discontent without regard to what anyone else thinks or feels. I realize my comments may be perceived as being very blunt. However, it is what it is. Practically everyone on this forum who has been members here for a while knows that Raineyís pricing has been well over the top for a very long time. I find nothing wrong with questioning/checking him on his pricing.

As I said above, you’re welcome to your opinion. Regardless of the exchange above, it seems as though it’s already been clearly and directly addressed in the forum rules as Big Mike posted. From there it’s up to members to comply or mods to enforce, but the request is clear. If there is a problem with price it should be handled via PM, not by bashing/negativity in the public arena as what happened above. Anyways, I’ve said all I care to on the matter and will abide with my belief that there is a place for everything. Just because the ability to speak out and voice ones opinion is there, it doesn’t mean it always has to be used.
    Last edited by Macd7919; 12-07-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

[QUOTE=BIG MIKE 109R;3969182]6.) If you do not have anything to contribute to a thread, please don't post.

This includes telling people they can't/won't get what they want for something. Saying "I can find it cheaper on Ebay" etc. is also unacceptable, and your posts will be deleted. If you have a problem with the price someone is charging, send them a PM.
    [/
    8.) STAY ON TOPIC!!!
    The classifieds are for classifieds. Not discussion. Don't post unless you're interested in the product. Violation of this rule multiple times will result in bans up to and including permanent.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE