M109 Rider Forums banner

“STAY PUT” Fuel Tank front cushion for M109R

6K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  BIG MIKE 109R 
#1 ·
Stock rubber cushion always comes loose and fall off when we removing the tank. This newly developed cushion has a tighter fit and stays put whenever you moving off your fuel tank.

features:

1. The new one made of Polyurethane, got better durability and longer lifespan

2. No more tank loose caused by the friction between the tank and stock rubber cushion. The fuel tank will stay firmly on the frame.

3. The stock one has a larger center hole so usually fall off when you removing the fuel tank but ours measure precisely so it won't even move a bit after you put it on!

sold in pair link: http://www.revo-cycles.com/shop/stay-put-fuel-tank-front-cushion-for-m109r/

Font Automotive tire Circle Audio equipment Idiophone

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So, when are we going to see the exhaust system with a muffler on each side? :D

I may end up ordering some of these tank bushings. I agree about the stock ones, they fall off and roll somewhere that takes forever to find. Had one fall off one day, and if I hadn't seen it, I never would've found it. Fell off, rolled out my garage and started rolling downhill. Could've gone a long way. Timbukto.

#3 ·
Rob, those tank bushings way overpriced. They are not worth $27.00 per pair, plus shipping cost, which will likely be at least an additional $15.00. You can make your own tank bushings more stable by simply squeezing some silicone inside each one, and then putting them back in place and allowing the silicone to dry. They will be just as stable as those tank bushings Rainey is pushing, and all it will cost you is the price of a small tube of silicone, if you don't already have some. The idea/solution was shared with me by a very good friend of mine.

#6 ·
My fuel tank wiggles a bit when riding. Wondering if it's because of the large hole in the bushing, or just the bushing too soft. I know there one's Rainey has here are going to be firmer than the stock rubber pieces. Would likely eliminate the bit of wiggle I see. May try the silicone thing just for ****s and grins.

#10 ·
Adding silicone is a short term temporary fix. I added silicone to both bushings several years ago and over time it still worked itself loose and the bushings started coming off again. I bought new bushings from the dealer about 2 years ago and so far they stay have stayed on with no problem and without adding silicone.

#12 ·
So, I suppose the new bushings will start coming off in due time, since they're the same as the stock bushings you had before. Personally, I believe adding the silicone will help them stay in place longer. Is it possible that you may have not used enough silicone, or never allowed the silicone to cure and harden long enough before riding the bike? I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud.

#15 · (Edited)
Disclaimer: I know this is an older thread but something to think about for the future:

For everyone complaining about shipping and his price, would you still be complaining if he was local to you and had a brick and mortar and therefore had to charge more to support that just like all the dealers do? Or would you be OK with it because you are supporting a local business? The guy goes to the trouble of making unique parts for this bike, or at minimum finding them and getting them out on market, he can’t comtrol the shipping rates. Would you prefer he just makes nothing for the bikes at all and there is one less option out there to chose from? Are people THAT hard up over $27 that the guy can’t make $3 for doing the legwork of finding and/or offering the part, advertising it, packaging it, shipping it, dealing with any issues that come up? Everyone knows shipping is high these days and he is including shipping from OVERSEAS within the $27 and people are complaining about it. Come on guys, he’s bringing an OPTION, if you don’t like it don’t buy it, no need to go on a rant and try to diminish the guys sales complaining about $27. If you can’t get behind spending a few extra dollars with someone who is bringing options for your, lets be honest, mostly niche application, then you should be reconsidering your spending priorities. He’s supporting the bike and keeping relavent parts coming. Is it that far fetched to show him some support and at bare minimum keep your issues with the shipping rates (which aren’t even under his control) at bay?

#16 ·
Disclaimer: I know this is an older thread but something to think about for the future:

For everyone complaining about shipping and his price, would you still be complaining if he was local to you and had a brick and mortar and therefore had to charge more to support that just like all the dealers do? Or would you be OK with it because you are supporting a local business? The guy goes to the trouble of making unique parts for this bike, or at minimum finding them and getting them out on market, he can't comtrol the shipping rates. Would you prefer he just makes nothing for the bikes at all and there is one less option out there to chose from? Are people THAT hard up over $27 that the guy can't make $3 for doing the legwork of finding and/or offering the part, advertising it, packaging it, shipping it, dealing with any issues that come up? Everyone knows shipping is high these days and he is including shipping from OVERSEAS within the $27 and people are complaining about it. Come on guys, he's bringing an OPTION, if you don't like it don't buy it, no need to go on a rant and try to diminish the guys sales complaining about $27. If you can't get behind spending a few extra dollars with someone who is bringing options for your, lets be honest, mostly niche application, then you should be reconsidering your spending priorities. He's supporting the bike and keeping relavent parts coming. Is it that far fetched to show him some support and at bare minimum keep your issues with the shipping rates (which aren't even under his control) at bay?
None of the above.

The factory ones are fine, just have to line them up. No need for these

#23 ·
4-Sale rule #6

6.) If you do not have anything to contribute to a thread, please don't post.

This includes telling people they can't/won't get what they want for something. Saying "I can find it cheaper on Ebay" etc. is also unacceptable, and your posts will be deleted. If you have a problem with the price someone is charging, send them a PM.

#28 ·
6.) If you do not have anything to contribute to a thread, please don't post.

This includes telling people they can't/won't get what they want for something. Saying "I can find it cheaper on Ebay" etc. is also unacceptable, and your posts will be deleted. If you have a problem with the price someone is charging, send them a PM.
[/
8.) STAY ON TOPIC!!!
The classifieds are for classifieds. Not discussion. Don't post unless you're interested in the product. Violation of this rule multiple times will result in bans up to and including permanent.

#25 ·
You are still completely missing my point and I’m not quite sure where you took that I was attempting to “limit what you can say”. If it’s in regards to the post above yours, those apparently are the rules of the forum which I have nothing to do with. Nor do I have anything to do with how they are enforced but they do seem pretty clear on what is accepted on this forum and applicable to quite a few of the posts above. Either way, it’s OK, we all can have different opinions. I feel like I have made my position clear and I stand by it. Congrats on your achievements.

#26 ·
You are still completely missing my point and I'm not quite sure where you took that I was attempting to "limit what you can say". If it's in regards to the post above yours, those apparently are the rules of the forum which I have nothing to do with. Nor do I have anything to do with how they are enforced but they do seem pretty clear on what is accepted on this forum and applicable to quite a few of the posts above. Either way, it's OK, we all can have different opinions. I feel like I have made my position clear and I stand by it. Congrats on your achievements.
Thanks for the congrats. I don't think I missed your point at all. You're questioning why myself and other members are questioning this product pricing and posting unsupportive comments on a thread regarding a vendor trying to bring attention to a new product he's attempting to sell to members of this forum. As well, I've made my position very clear, and I stand by it also, which is, myself and other members can and will question anything coming from anyone or any vendor that seems out of the ordinary. If it's posted here on this forum, and there's something questionable about it, it will be addresed here on this forum...at least by me anyway. I'm not one for simply accepting whatever people throw out there, and I will express my comments, concerns, or discontent without regard to what anyone else thinks or feels. I realize my comments may be perceived as being very blunt. However, it is what it is. Practically everyone on this forum who has been members here for a while knows that Rainey's pricing has been well over the top for a very long time. I find nothing wrong with questioning/checking him on his pricing.

#27 · (Edited)
As I said above, you’re welcome to your opinion. Regardless of the exchange above, it seems as though it’s already been clearly and directly addressed in the forum rules as Big Mike posted. From there it’s up to members to comply or mods to enforce, but the request is clear. If there is a problem with price it should be handled via PM, not by bashing/negativity in the public arena as what happened above. Anyways, I’ve said all I care to on the matter and will abide with my belief that there is a place for everything. Just because the ability to speak out and voice ones opinion is there, it doesn’t mean it always has to be used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.