Montreal

Thread: Montreal

Question Montreal

I’m going to be in Montreal for a day soon. Any must see or do’s? Thanks for your tips.

Maybe I should change my location to Traveling North America...
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    I’m going to be in Montreal for a day soon. Any must see or do’s? Thanks for your tips.

Maybe I should change my location to Traveling North America...
    Get a deli sandwich at http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/ . Try a flattened hot dog. Walk the old part of the city, see the port. Try some Poutine. Visit the Mount Royal Park and have a look at the lookout point, very beautiful. Visit the Chinatown, its really big there. Visit the Notre Dame Basilica Church (https://www.mtl.org/en/what-to-do/he...-dame-basilica) It's like the one in Paris!

That's pretty much it from what I remembered I enjoyed when my wife and I visited a few years back. Let me know if you try anything like I mentioned!
    Last edited by RicoChet; 08-30-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

Default Bon Voyage

I concur with all of what Rico states, definitely Old Montreal, Saint Joseph Oratory on Queensway as well.
    Have a great trip.
    SIGPIC]
    2008 Black M109R
    Prince George, BC. Canada
    MODS Begin: Speedometer Face Plate, Amsoil Full synthetic, C.W. back rest, 2'' chrome risers, Spear Air Intakes, Dunlop Elite III 250, LeatherLyke Saddlebags

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. Should I use US money or do an exchange into Canadian currency? As I think that the exchange rate favors the US right now.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Thanks. Should I use US money or do an exchange into Canadian currency? As I think that the exchange rate favors the US right now.

Get CAD money you will save!

I would suggest you to change a bit your destination. In omtreal , they forgot to do maintenance on almost any roads and building so you will have orange cones and traffic jam almost every where.

If I may suggest, go to Quebec City. Much more touristic. Plan a visit to Old Quebec, Chateau de Frontenac, ferry from Quebec to Levis ( southshore), Plaines d'Abraham,... This is majestic and a must see once in a lifetime.

Let me tell you you won't regret.