Need Help for 2" Riser Installation

Thread: Need Help for 2" Riser Installation

Default Need Help for 2" Riser Installation

Hey there everyone,
    I am new to M109 riders and live in Montreal Canada. Just purchased a 2015, M109r B.O.S.S. with 2401 KM's and loving it so far. I wish to install 2 ' risers, does anyone know if the 2015 cables are long enough that I will not have to reroute them as I much prefer to keep the cables as factory installed. I was told that the newer M109's cables are longer than the older models so my question is also, has anyone installed 2" risers on a 2015 or newer?
    Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Manny

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

there's a youtube on how to it with factory cables. I did my risers as part of winter mods but since I did the Hydraulic clutch as well I went with longer cables, hoses and they look way better than the stock length going down the centre

Hey Manny, here are those pictures we were talking about. Hope this helps with your decision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180602_102553_1535415656544.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	379492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180416_203023_050_1535415721188.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	379494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180701_095425_1535415791390.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	379496  

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I bought my cables from Fortnine which is in Montreal. I buy lots from them. Great service

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I bought my cables from Fortnine which is in Montreal. I buy lots from them. Great service
    Thanks for the info
    Manny

P.S. Nice pic of your ride

Quote Originally Posted by BigJonBOSS109 View Post
    Hey Manny, here are those pictures we were talking about. Hope this helps with your decision.
    Thanks a lot BigJon, I will let you know what I decide on proceeding. Will probably get the extended cables.
    Nice pics of your ride

Manny

With extended cable it makes for much neater install

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Very nice, that's what I'd like to do to mine, can you share the mfg info on the risers and cables you used to do this?

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Very nice, that's what I'd like to do to mine, can you share the mfg info on the risers and cables you used to do this?
    I have a set of those exact risers that I may sell.

I will know by the end of the weekend if I will be selling them or not.

Here is a link to the 3+ inch cable set for the M109R

http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=223578

BCS

Get the cables BCS sent you link for then I used Motion Pro cable clamps to tidy them up
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 11-21-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    I have a set of those exact risers that I may sell.

I will know by the end of the weekend if I will be selling them or not.

Here is a link to the 3+ inch cable set for the M109R

http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=223578

BCS
    Let me know, might be very interested in them. Thanks for the link on the cables as well.
    Michael -
    2012 M109r LE in Viper Blue - East Orlando, FL

Let me know, might be very interested in them. Thanks for the link on the cables as well.
    Ok, chances are I will be selling them, I have a different set I am going to try to put on my bike.

I may be coming to Orlando on Sunday to drag race at Orlando Speed World, you should come check it out.

If I get my other risers to work on my bike I will bring these with me in case you make it to the track.

BCS

Ok, chances are I will be selling them, I have a different set I am going to try to put on my bike.

I may be coming to Orlando on Sunday to drag race at Orlando Speed World, you should come check it out.

If I get my other risers to work on my bike I will bring these with me in case you make it to the track.

BCS
    Certainly a possibility...how much would you be looking for on those?
    Michael -

Certainly a possibility...how much would you be looking for on those?
    I put my other risers on my bike last night so I will sell the risers I have that are the same as you saw in this thread.
    If we meet up at the track I would take $50 for them.
    If I need to mail them to you it would be $60.
    I will take some pictures later today and post so you can see them.

BCS

I put my other risers on my bike last night so I will sell the risers I have that are the same as you saw in this thread.
    If we meet up at the track I would take $50 for them.
    If I need to mail them to you it would be $60.
    I will take some pictures later today and post so you can see them.

BCS
    SOLD and SOLD...should be able to meet you at the track Sun, if not could possibly pick them up from you the following weekend (are you over in the Tampa/Pinellas area?) as we'll be over in Brandon near 60/75 for the weekend.

Thanks! (PM me and we can trade phone numbers if you like)
    Michael -

SOLD and SOLD...should be able to meet you at the track Sun, if not could possibly pick them up from you the following weekend (are you over in the Tampa/Pinellas area?) as we'll be over in Brandon near 60/75 for the weekend.

Thanks! (PM me and we can trade phone numbers if you like)
    Ok I will hold them for you.

Still not sure if I will be at the track on Sunday or not.
    I am going to try to make it but every step I take with this new bike I find something else that needs attention or replacing.
    Good thing I have an entire parts bike or this transformation would be costing me a fortune.

I Pmed you my phone number, shoot me a text when you get it and I will send you some pictures later after I recover from my turkey coma.

BCS

BCS - I rx'd the risers - Awesome. And btw, kudos on expert level packing, those f-ers were more secure than fort knox! Now I have a couple of questions:

Flying Circus - am I seeing a second break fluid reservoir on your left side? May I ask what that is for? Is that factory or an aftermarket install?

Is there a guide (especially one with lots of pretty pictures) somewhere on the complete installation of the new cables? (Noob f/u question) Are the stock electronic cables (both sides) long enough for this? (I've watched some of the infamous Big Joe video, but am less interested in rerouting stock cables then installing new SS longer cables).

POssibly the dumbest question...I'm assuming the little silver inserts in the top of the risers somehow just pop out and reveal bolts that hold them together, which will be used with the new risers? (I know my mechanical abilities are slightly less than a padawan at this point, but I have a neighbor/good friend who is a serious mechanic and helps me out and teaches me too).
    Michael -

- am I seeing a second break fluid reservoir on your left side? May I ask what that is for? Is that factory or an aftermarket install?

https://www.revo-cycles.com/shop/rev...-cylinder-kit/
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Understood...thanks for the enlightenment..
    Michael -

For the cable installation, you will want to remove the following parts from the bike before you get started.
    Headlight Bucket.
    Radiator Shroud
    Tank
    Left side intake
    Left side lower engine cover
    & cover the front fender with a towel.

The clutch cable is pretty cut and dried, just bring the lever adjustment all the way slack and do the same at the adjacent under the left side cover.
    Then if you want to make it really easy you can remove 1 bolt that holds the cable adjustment bracket....this will give you plenty of slack to disconnect both ends of the clutch cable and to install the new cable.
    When routing the new cable bring it to the outside of the left front motor mount following the frame rail instead of putting it behind the motor mount. (This is just a better routing for that cable.)
    When adjusting the new clutch cable 98% of your adjustment will be done down low, only use the upper adjacent at the lever for fine tuning.

The brake line is just 3 banjo fittings, get yourself a torque wrench so you can set these to spec.

The throttle cables will be the hardest to install and get adjusted correctly but still are not too difficult. Pay close attention when removing the old ones and route and install the new ones the same way you removed the old ones.
    You will want to loosen the adjustment for both cable down low and remove the top cable from the connection to the throttle body assembly first then remove the connections at the right grip.
    When putting it back together install the new cable connections to the right grip first (insure the cable it lined up right and there is no slack in at the grip that will bind up)
    Then install the connections down low (bottom cable first) and adjust as needed.

I will not be around for the month of December or I would say to come by and I would give you a hand installing them.
    But if you need someone to do the install for you we do have a master mechanic in our group and he works on a lot of the guys 9's at very reasonable prices.

I think you are on our local FB page, if you need his services just ask on that page and he will see your message.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 12-03-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Yes the little plastic caps just pop out of the top of the risers and you can use those bolts on the new risers.

And as you can see from thevili's link the hyd reservoir on the left is for a aftermarket hyd clutch that Flyingcircus has installed on his bike.

BCS

Awesome, thanks for the excellent info. And it may be later than Jan before I get the cables and do the job anyway, so I might still take you up on an offer to help, if my buddy Tom isn't available. Based on everything you've explained, is it safe to assume there is enough slack in the stock electric cables on both sides to do this with out issue on them?

Thanks Again!
    Michael -

Yes the electrical lines are long enough, you can sneak a little more slack on both of them if needed once the headlight bucket is removed.

I misspoke earlier....I will not be around for the month of December, but I will be back for the month of January, so if you have the cables by then I would be happy to help you with them.

BCS