M109 Rider Forums banner

Video of my newly intalled Hard Krome Velocity VPR

4K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Psycho1000R 
#1 ·
Sorry for the pauses, but the old lady isn't exactly tech savvy with taking videos..

Couple drive bys to give anyone interested an idea of how this thing sounds.
Listening on your phone will not do it justice.
Exhaust is a bit louder than I was anticipating but I do love the tone. To give you an idea of how loud it is listen to the video at around :55 seconds in, you'll see how early you can hear me, before I'm actually visible lol.

#9 ·
A great sound match for the beast! :bigthumbsup:

Has anyone ever done any sound decibel comparisons for some of the more popular exhaust replacements? I like the looks of a few of the shorter pipe setups but appreciate the lower noise provided by the OEM.

#10 ·
Thas a good idea. I could download a decibel meter app on my phone and compair my Icebox shorty VP, my friends Cobra Drags, my other friends scorpion tips and another friend running the stock pipes and see how they differ. Weather permitting I will try to make that happen this weekend. I can tell you off hand my VP is the quieter of the two non stock options. Its loud, but not as loud as the drags or tips.

#22 · (Edited)
I think they are referring to what you suggested FC...the Pair Valve Mod. Personally, I find the Block Off Cover Plates to be much better and a permanent, one-time fix over blocking off the hoses, because over time the rubber hoses will break down, crack, and compromise the blocking affect, which will likely create even more popping. I just went through that exact thing with my crushed chrome bike, and the Block Off Cover Plates are definitely the better way to go, and a permanent fix that you won't ever have to revisit.

#26 ·
I was just looking online for an exhaust, this is the only one I've liked so far. I have a 2016 BOSS.

Where in NJ are you located by the way, I'm in East Stroudsburg PA .. if you are a reasonable distance away I'd be interested in perhaps meeting up to check out the sound in person?

#27 ·
I was just looking online for an exhaust, this is the only one I've liked so far. I have a 2016 BOSS.

Where in NJ are you located by the way, I'm in East Stroudsburg PA .. if you are a reasonable distance away I'd be interested in perhaps meeting up to check out the sound in person?
Hell man. Im from stroudsburg! That's where I actually store my bike lol. I'll be up tomorrow tinkering around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.