Video of my newly intalled Hard Krome Velocity VPR

Thread: Video of my newly intalled Hard Krome Velocity VPR

Very Active Member

Default Video of my newly intalled Hard Krome Velocity VPR

Sorry for the pauses, but the old lady isn't exactly tech savvy with taking videos..

Couple drive bys to give anyone interested an idea of how this thing sounds.
    Listening on your phone will not do it justice.
    Exhaust is a bit louder than I was anticipating but I do love the tone. To give you an idea of how loud it is listen to the video at around :55 seconds in, you'll see how early you can hear me, before I'm actually visible lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very well done Psycho, and your bike sounds BEAUTIFUL with that VPR SHORTY exhaust.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Very well done Psycho, and your bike sounds BEAUTIFUL with that VPR SHORTY exhaust.
    Thank man 😊

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Sounds great! Is the baffle removable?
    Just curious.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by lockportilm109 View Post
    Just curious.

Not sure? I dont think so

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Not sure? I dont think so
    I am not even sure you call whats inside the VPR a true baffle like you would see on most exhaust.

There is a huge opening and you can see all the way up the pipe. (If you have small hands you could probably stick your entire arm up in it)

BCS

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    I am not even sure you call whats inside the VPR a true baffle like you would see on most exhaust.

There is a huge opening and you can see all the way up the pipe. (If you have small hands you could probably stick your entire arm up in it)

BCS
    Yeh pretty much lol. I doubt you'd want to make this thing any louder than it already is

Quote Originally Posted by lockportilm109 View Post
    Just curious.
    Yes, the baffle is removable. However, when it is romoved you will lose your back pressure, which also means a loss of power.

A great sound match for the beast!

Has anyone ever done any sound decibel comparisons for some of the more popular exhaust replacements? I like the looks of a few of the shorter pipe setups but appreciate the lower noise provided by the OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrpm View Post
    A great sound match for the beast!

Has anyone ever done any sound decibel comparisons for some of the more popular exhaust replacements? I like the looks of a few of the shorter pipe setups but appreciate the lower noise provided by the OEM.
    Thas a good idea. I could download a decibel meter app on my phone and compair my Icebox shorty VP, my friends Cobra Drags, my other friends scorpion tips and another friend running the stock pipes and see how they differ. Weather permitting I will try to make that happen this weekend. I can tell you off hand my VP is the quieter of the two non stock options. Its loud, but not as loud as the drags or tips.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Thas a good idea. I could download a decibel meter app on my phone and compair my Icebox shorty VP, my friends Cobra Drags, my other friends scorpion tips and another friend running the stock pipes and see how they differ. Weather permitting I will try to make that happen this weekend. I can tell you off hand my VP is the quieter of the two non stock options. Its loud, but not as loud as the drags or tips.
    SUPER great offer!!
    I have been wondering exactly this for myself as well, but have no "real" (non-virtual) friends with 9's!
    I have been sniffing around several different exhaust options, but the ones I like visually always concern me for overall volume which is subjectively impossible over YouTube with any true accuracy of course (Case and Point - the OP's throaty sounding video *sounds* awesome, but impossible to know the relative *volume*). I too am of the crowd who appreciate the less aggressive volume of the stockers but would enjoy something visually more entertaining with a spicier overall note (type of sound vs. volume of sound if that makes sense).

Really appreciate this offer.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    SUPER great offer!!
    I have been wondering exactly this for myself as well, but have no "real" (non-virtual) friends with 9's!
    I have been sniffing around several different exhaust options, but the ones I like visually always concern me for overall volume which is subjectively impossible over YouTube with any true accuracy of course (Case and Point - the OP's throaty sounding video *sounds* awesome, but impossible to know the relative *volume*). I too am of the crowd who appreciate the less aggressive volume of the stockers but would enjoy something visually more entertaining with a spicier overall note (type of sound vs. volume of sound if that makes sense).

Really appreciate this offer.

My pleasure! The stock DB reading will be the hardest for me to get
    as that fellow is always gone lol.
    So you might have to read yours to compare. I know I can get the others for you. I will take readings at idle, at 3k constant and revving it up. That way you will be able to see how loud they are tooling down the HW and when your idling.

My pleasure! The stock DB reading will be the hardest for me to get
    as that fellow is always gone lol.
    So you might have to read yours to compare. I know I can get the others for you. I will take readings at idle, at 3k constant and revving it up. That way you will be able to see how loud they are tooling down the HW and when your idling.

If you post the name of the app you decide to use, I will do the same and publish my own stock 2016 if that helps.
    Hell, we can start an "Exhaust dB" thread and everyone can do it (if it doesn't already exist? Seems odd nobody has done this before to be honest!)

I like the idea of having a baseline test parameter - idle average, 3K average, and a "zoom zoom" peak for comparison.

EDIT: There is a posting for this, but using a sound level meter... if that ws updated with a common app anybody can use, that might work better, if not slightly less accurate maybe. (https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157780)
    Last edited by NoSetFine; 08-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    If you post the name of the app you decide to use, I will do the same and publish my own stock 2016 if that helps.
    Hell, we can start an "Exhaust dB" thread and everyone can do it (if it doesn't already exist? Seems odd nobody has done this before to be honest!)

I like the idea of having a baseline test parameter - idle average, 3K average, and a "zoom zoom" peak for comparison.

EDIT: There is a posting for this, but using a sound level meter... if that ws updated with a common app anybody can use, that might work better, if not slightly less accurate maybe. (https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157780)

Good find. I will play with a couple apps and see what ones works best that is on both IOS and android. We can start a thread for others to add info to as well. I would like to see the OP's readings compared to my Icebox VP shorty as his can is smaller than the original.

Good find. I will play with a couple apps and see what ones works best that is on both IOS and android. We can start a thread for others to add info to as well. I would like to see the OP's readings compared to my Icebox VP shorty as his can is smaller than the original.
    Mrtallguy67 ... " Thanks" for taking the lead on this !!

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Great Video and sound

I road with Sledge on the track and then we did an afternoon run. He has same color and bike and same pipe. It sounded awesome

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Great Video and sound

I road with Sledge on the track and then we did an afternoon run. He has same color and bike and same pipe. It sounded awesome
    Thanks! I thinks it louder now that it's broken in lol. I have slight popping every now n then under hard decel. Installing PAR mod this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Thanks! I thinks it louder now that it's broken in lol. I have slight popping every now n then under hard decel. Installing PAR mod this weekend.
    PAR mod takes care of that

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

PAR mod takes care of that

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Just listened to this on my computer with speakers and sub... Damn that sounds awesome... so excited that i just got mine delivered the other day ! cant wait to install it.
    Side note... What is a PAR mod ?
    thanks

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, k&n filters, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light and turn signals, led knight rider strip.

Pair Valve I'm assuming you mean. It's blocking of the pair valves so your exhaust doesn't pop anymore. You can block off the hoses or you can use cover plates

Pair Valve I'm assuming you mean. It's blocking of the pair valves so your exhaust doesn't pop anymore. You can block off the hoses or you can use cover plates
    I think they are referring to what you suggested FC...the Pair Valve Mod. Personally, I find the Block Off Cover Plates to be much better and a permanent, one-time fix over blocking off the hoses, because over time the rubber hoses will break down, crack, and compromise the blocking affect, which will likely create even more popping. I just went through that exact thing with my crushed chrome bike, and the Block Off Cover Plates are definitely the better way to go, and a permanent fix that you won’t ever have to revisit.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 03-17-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Bobby, if I go to the plates and have to remove airbox, I'm gonna do the airbox delete at the same time

Bobby, if I go to the plates and have to remove airbox, I'm gonna do the airbox delete at the same time
    That sounds like an excellent idea FC. I’ve always been intrigued by what the air box delete mod would/could potentially do to improve the performance of the 9.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Just listened to this on my computer with speakers and sub... Damn that sounds awesome... so excited that i just got mine delivered the other day ! cant wait to install it.
    Side note... What is a PAR mod ?
    thanks
    Thsnks! Yeh listening on a cell phone does it no justice lol.
    Love it, can't wait for riding season to start!

I was just looking online for an exhaust, this is the only one I've liked so far. I have a 2016 BOSS.

Where in NJ are you located by the way, I'm in East Stroudsburg PA .. if you are a reasonable distance away I'd be interested in perhaps meeting up to check out the sound in person?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BearWoods View Post
    I was just looking online for an exhaust, this is the only one I've liked so far. I have a 2016 BOSS.

Where in NJ are you located by the way, I'm in East Stroudsburg PA .. if you are a reasonable distance away I'd be interested in perhaps meeting up to check out the sound in person?
    Hell man. Im from stroudsburg! That's where I actually store my bike lol. I'll be up tomorrow tinkering around.

sent you a pm with my cell, hit me up I'd love to see this bike and exhaust If i can dress warm enough perhaps I'll attempt to ride out to meet up!

Awesome bike man, thanks for meeting up. In case anybody wonders, this exhaust sounds even better in person. You don't just hear the difference, you can feel it!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BearWoods View Post
    Awesome bike man, thanks for meeting up. In case anybody wonders, this exhaust sounds even better in person. You don't just hear the difference, you can feel it!
    Thanks man! Nice meeting ya, wish it was a few degrees warmer lol.