M90 Brakes - Where to buy and what brands do you like/hate?

Thread: M90 Brakes - Where to buy and what brands do you like/hate?

Default M90 Brakes - Where to buy and what brands do you like/hate?

Ok Guys and Girls - just bought a 2013 M90, and while it brakes just fine, the pads are a little thin (I want to say the DMV inspection report put them at 4/32), and I will probably change in the next 100 miles or so.

Where do you guys like to buy brakes from? And is there a particular brand you like or stay away from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys, just following up; starting a list of projects I want to do over the winter, and changing brakes is one of them.

I'm new to riding, but am an old hand when it comes to tinkering with cars. Unfortuantely, none of my go to parts places - Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa, etc. - have much in the way of Moto parts. Esp not brakes.

Anyone have a website or physical store they like to buy brakes from? and any particular brand you like?

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw09 View Post
    Hey guys, just following up; starting a list of projects I want to do over the winter, and changing brakes is one of them.

I'm new to riding, but am an old hand when it comes to tinkering with cars. Unfortuantely, none of my go to parts places - Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa, etc. - have much in the way of Moto parts. Esp not brakes.

Anyone have a website or physical store they like to buy brakes from? and any particular brand you like?
    Bike bandit seems ok from the little I've used them. I'd go ahead and change fluid and put braided lines on while you're doing brakes

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

What do you mean by getting brakes? Do you want just pads or new rotors, calipers, brake lines?

Thanks for following up. I'm specifically looking at just pads; normal maintenance stuff. Although i like the idea of also upgrading the brake lines with braided lines.

But for now, i just need new pads.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Thanks for following up. I'm specifically looking at just pads; normal maintenance stuff. Although i like the idea of also upgrading the brake lines with braided lines.

But for now, i just need new pads.
    I put on EBC sintered copper pads front and rear at beginning of the season. They aren't the cheapest as braking should not be about price

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    I put on EBC sintered copper pads front and rear at beginning of the season. They aren't the cheapest as braking should not be about price
    Yea, I finally got around to just googling the issue, and it looks like EBC sintered are the best out there.

https://www.bikebandit.com/blog/moto...s-buyers-guide

For my cars, i typically buy ceramics, but it looks like the metallic compounds are better for bikes...

Yea, I finally got around to just googling the issue, and it looks like EBC sintered are the best out there.

https://www.bikebandit.com/blog/moto...s-buyers-guide

For my cars, i typically buy ceramics, but it looks like the metallic compounds are better for bikes...
    I have the EBC Sintered pads both front and back. Can stop on a dime. Only downside they are harsh on your rotors and will wear them down faster. Make sure it's ECB, bought another brand before and the rivet broke off on my rear set on a hard braking situation.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcyc...009-2013/38040

good advice, and thanks for the link....checking them out now. And good to hear those ECB's are rock solid....Willing to change rotors more often to stop this 800lb bike when i need to.