Amazon Prime Ad - What The F..udge

Thread: Amazon Prime Ad - What The F..udge

Default Amazon Prime Ad - What The F..udge

Is this normal now, or just a problem with my computer?
    This new and totally annoying ridiculous ad keeps overtaking my screen every time I open the forum.
    :(" smilieid="18" class="inlineimg" border="0">
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazonPrimeWTF.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	379016

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It's not just you. I saw the same ad when I got on the forum this morning but I only saw it once before I logged into the site.

Ok good to know it isn't "just me" - was actually considering malware it is so annoying.
    And it seems random to me so far - I haven't figured out the cycle/trigger yet.
    I have had it 3 times today, but I'm not sure why - i.e. timed out / closed browser / logged in-not logged in... etc.
    Ads help pay for the site - I get that. But at some point they are counterproductive to the end goal if they're just pissing people off.
    Every time I see it now, all I think is: "Mental note to self - don't ever support Amazon Prime."

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

This overlay is a campaign which will end tonight when the timer runs out.

- JB

Quote Originally Posted by M109R admin View Post
    This overlay is a campaign which will end tonight when the timer runs out.
    - JB
    THANK GOODNESS!
    Thank you for the reply.

Allowing Pop ups is going to drive away what few members still come to the site. I guess what ever will bring in money now and worry about dwindling membership activity later!

^^^^^^^^^

I agree with you I don’t come on as much as I use to and that ad made me stay away even more,annoying as all hell
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

Typically we do not allow pop up ads on our sites, but Amazon Prime Day was a 36 hour event so the ad did not last any longer than what was showing on the timer. I'm sure that our ad team did not intend for it to be an inconvenience to members.

Kind regards,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by M109R admin View Post
    Typically we do not allow pop up ads on our sites, but Amazon Prime Day was a 36 hour event so the ad did not last any longer than what was showing on the timer. I'm sure that our ad team did not intend for it to be an inconvenience to members.

Kind regards,

Erik
    It had an "X" to close it out on the computer, but not on mobile devices. There are several of us on multiple forums. Everytime you go from one site to the next that ad would pop up again. You need to have your "ad team" try using the site so they can see how annoying it is!!! Ad blocking software wouldn't even stop it!!! Members of the site that actually took the time to sign up and then post the content that draws clicks to and thru the site shouldn't be subjected to ads. Put up all you want for visitors to the site along with a statement that signing up for membership will eliminate the ads. DRIVE MEMBERSHIP, Don't drive members away for a few$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    It had an "X" to close it out on the computer, but not on mobile devices. There are several of us on multiple forums. Everytime you go from one site to the next that ad would pop up again. You need to have your "ad team" try using the site so they can see how annoying it is!!! Ad blocking software wouldn't even stop it!!! Members of the site that actually took the time to sign up and then post the content that draws clicks to and thru the site shouldn't be subjected to ads. Put up all you want for visitors to the site along with a statement that signing up for membership will eliminate the ads. DRIVE MEMBERSHIP, Don't drive members away for a few$$$
    We'll take note of this and give the feedback to our team.

Very sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed