Replacement rotors

Thread: Replacement rotors

Default Replacement rotors

Has anyone tried these?:

Sumo - Suzuki Front Brake Disc Rotors + Pads for VLR 1800 T (C109RT) Boulevard Touring (08-10) VLR 1800 K (C109R) (08-10) VLR 1800 K/L (C1800 R Intruder) (08-13) VLR 1800 (C1800 RT Intruder) (08-09) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DWZF7V..._-3GrBb084H6YK

OEM rotors are stupid expensive, and this is the only aftermarket rotor I've seen. I like the look and the price is right, but don't want them if they are prone to warping after a season or two.

2008 C109RT - ISO grips, K&N Air Filter, NOS exhaust and filter housings, rebuilt driver seat.
    Hammertone powder coat on fenders and tank.
    Plastidip rear frame, sissy bar, side frame covers, and windshield hardware.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Acquitted View Post
    Has anyone tried these?:

Sumo - Suzuki Front Brake Disc Rotors + Pads for VLR 1800 T (C109RT) Boulevard Touring (08-10) VLR 1800 K (C109R) (08-10) VLR 1800 K/L (C1800 R Intruder) (08-13) VLR 1800 (C1800 RT Intruder) (08-09) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DWZF7V..._-3GrBb084H6YK

OEM rotors are stupid expensive, and this is the only aftermarket rotor I've seen. I like the look and the price is right, but don't want them if they are prone to warping after a season or two.
    I know nothing about the pads, but the rotors look exactly like "Arashi" wave rotors for many

Suzuki motorcycles including M109Rs, and are proven very good and nice. I have them on my 'M'.

Only front, not rear rotor.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Acquitted View Post
    Has anyone tried these?:

Try AliExpress, you have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery. Might find them cheaper there.
    Marty

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I know nothing about the pads, but the rotors look exactly like "Arashi" wave rotors for many

Suzuki motorcycles including M109Rs, and are proven very good and nice. I have them on my 'M'.

Only front, not rear rotor.
    Just arrived today, and yes, the rotors are stamped "Arashi". Thrilled to hear that folks have been happy with them. They look solid.

I may try to get these installed tonight, will report back once I have something to report.

2008 C109RT - ISO grips, K&N Air Filter, NOS exhaust and filter housings, rebuilt driver seat.

New rotors have been on the bike a while, no complaints. They made some strange noises at first while the pads were seating, but that cleared up after ~50 miles. Much quieter then the old stock ones, which had become warped.

If you are thinking about these I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. If I remember tomorrow, I'll post a pic, they look really good.

get from ebay cheaper and same rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    get from ebay cheaper and same rotors.
    Depends. Sometimes the Ebay rotors are Chinese steel. Work fine but when you first drive it sounds like you are grinding coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by atlsrt44 View Post
    Depends. Sometimes the Ebay rotors are Chinese steel. Work fine but when you first drive it sounds like you are grinding coffee.
    arashi ones used by many no issues.