ECU MAP LIMITER FACTS

Thread: ECU MAP LIMITER FACTS

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default ECU MAP LIMITER FACTS

Ok guys, so here are the ECU limiter maps I said I would post up earlier.

These are STOCK ECU maps just as the bike comes from Suzuki, I have not modified them at all.

Again I am not trying to argue or convince anyone of anything. I am simply posting this information up and you can do with it and believe as much or as little or none of it if you like.

So in the attachments below you will see the STP maps and RPM & Top Speed Limiter for the 2006 - 2008 M109R (USA version) that have ECU model number ending in G10.

You can see that Neutral has its own set of STP maps, 1st - 3rd gear have a combined set of STP maps and 4th & 5 Gear have a combined set of STP maps.

You can plainly see that at 5850 RPM in 4th or 5th Gear the Secondary Throttle plates are going to close way down to 35% and at 6000 RPM they are going to close down to 20%.
    When this happens its going to instantly send the bike into a very rich state and cut your HP big time.

I cannot see how a TRE is going to get you around this on these earlier model bikes. The TRE is supposedly tricking the ECU into thinking the bike is in 4th gear at all times......well in 4th gear these ECU STP maps are going to slam the Secondary's shut at 5850 RPM greater.

Also you can see that the RPM limiter from Suzuki is set at 7200 RPM. (But you would be hard pressed to ever hit that RPM at all with your Secondary's closing down well before then)

Lifting the top speed limiter on the bike is simply unchecking the box you see. (Although I can tell you I have run these bikes with the box checked and unchecked and see little to no difference all. Fixing the STP maps and raising the RPM limiter is where you get the bang for your buck as far a lifting restrictions on the bike goes)

In my next post I will show the difference in the newer generation M109R ECU maps which will show how the TRE does get you around the STP Restrictions on the newer models.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06-07 STP Neutral.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	378804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06-08 STP 1-3 Gear.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	378806   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06-08 STP 4-5 Gear.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	378808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06-07 Limiter.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	378810  
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-05-2018 at 12:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Ok guys, so here are the ECU limiter maps I said I would post up earlier.

These are STOCK ECU maps just as the bike comes from Suzuki, I have not modified them at all.

Again I am not trying to argue or convince anyone of anything. I am simply posting this information up and you can do with it and believe as much or as little or none of it if you like.

So in the attachments below you will see the STP maps and RPM & Top Speed Limiter for the 2006 - 2008 M109R (USA version) that have ECU model number ending in G10.

You can see that Neutral has its own set of STP maps, 1st - 3rd gear have a combined set of STP maps and 4th & 5 Gear have a combined set of STP maps.

You can plainly see that at 5850 RPM in 4th or 5th Gear the Secondary Throttle plates are going to close way down to 35% and at 6000 RPM they are going to close down to 20%.
    When this happens its going to instantly send the bike into a very rich state and cut your HP big time.

I cannot see how a TRE is going to get you around this on these earlier model bikes. The TRE is supposedly tricking the ECU into thinking the bike is in 4th gear at all times......well in 4th gear these ECU STP maps are going to slam the Secondary's shut at 5850 RPM greater.

Also you can see that the RPM limiter from Suzuki is set at 7200 RPM. (But you would be hard pressed to ever hit that RPM at all with your Secondary's closing down well before then)

Lifting the top speed limiter on the bike is simply unchecking the box you see. (Although I can tell you I have run these bikes with the box checked and unchecked and see little to no difference all. Fixing the STP maps and raising the RPM limiter is were you get the bang for your buck as far a lifting restrictions on the bike goes)

In my next post I will show the difference in the newer generation M109R ECU maps which will show how the TRE does get you around the STP Restrictions on the newer models.

BCS
    You are correct on all accounts.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    You are correct on all accounts.
    Mat can you then please explain how i get a limited top rpm in 5th with the tre Off but when I have the tre on i dont have that restriction?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Below are the STP maps for the 2011 - 2018 M109R (And to answer a question asked earlier....Yes 2018 M109R bin files are now available......I did not notice the update myself until now)

Below is also the RPM Limiter for the 2011-2018 M109R (Notice there is no top speed limiter box to uncheck on these models)

You can see that the Neutral and 1st - 3rd gear STP maps are very similar percentage wise, so no real change there.
    1st - 3rd gear on all year models have the secondary's open to 100% at the higher throttle positions throughout the maps......so there is no STP restriction in 1st - 3rd gear for top end speed.

Now look at he 4th & 5th gear maps on these models......yes they are still combined but you can see that the secondary's are open to 100% and do not close down to 35 & 20% at 5850 RPM and greater.

What is different is there is a separate map for these models that is called "5th Gear Restriction" and you can see that in this map it does have the secondary's closing down at 5850 and greater.

So if the TRE is fooling the ECU into thinking the bike is in 4th gear all the time then this "5th Gear Restriction" map will never come into play on the newer model bikes.

Hopefully this info will be useful / helpful to some of you. I have nothing to loose or gain by posting it, only trying to share the information that I have access to with the rest of you so you have a better understanding of whats going on inside the magic black box.

BCS

Name:	11-18 STP Neutral.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	378812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-18 STP 1-3 Gear.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	378814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-18 STP 4-5 Gear.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	378816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-18 STP 5 Gear Limiter.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	378818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-18 Limiters.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	378820  

Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-05-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Damn, either you guys are really fast or I am really slow posting.....I was hoping to get my 2 post together before the Q&A started....LOL

Oh well, the info is there do with it what you will......party on.

BCS

Thanks for posting.

I don't understand all this as well as you guys do but this is interesting because I know the effect I got and i recall many members throughout the years saying the same. Maybe that G10 (<?) Ecm group that you were talking about is the factor here! Im pretty sure my bike is a basic US American market bike Not California or Canada but strangers things have happened before so i guess anything is possible nonetheless it has me perplexed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Mat can you then please explain how i get a limited top rpm in 5th with the tre Off but when I have the tre on i dont have that restriction?
    Rascal, I know you want an answer to this question but I certainly cannot give you one other than the "Placebo Effect". If you can get your ECU model number I would be glad to pull your maps and show them to you.

But hey, if you are getting the results you say you are then you are doing better than most, ECU flashed or not.

I know you are doing better than me top end. I could get my bike to about 135 mph bone stock.
    Now with exhaust, intakes and several flashed ECU's I can still only get her to about 140 mph.....that't it....WFO standing on the throttle she will not go any faster.....I have tried .

But from 0 - 120/130 she is faster than most and neck-n-neck with the rest.

What I have noticed is that there are not 2 that are exactly the same.
    I have put the flash I was running in my bike getting 118 hp into another 9 with the same mods and he pulled 121 hp......same dyno same day......and he would get me on the top end also street racing.....but 0-120/130 mph we are neck-n-neck.

He says he can bury the needle on his bike also to 150 mph, and I am inclined to believe him since after 130 mph he starts to pull away from me slowly even though I am still increasing in speed myself.

I have also run a few 9's with fuel processors and TRE....have yet to have one beat me 1/4 mile.

If your bike runs good and you enjoy it.....that's all that really counts or matters.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-05-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Just another quick observation about adding the TRE to 2006 - 2008 M109R's with 1st generation ECU's.

No only will the TRE not get you around the secondary's slamming shut in 4th & 5th gear.......it is actually going to shoot you in the foot in 1st - 3rd also.

You can see in my first post that the secondary's close down in 4th and 5th gear at 5850 RPM but in the 1st - 3rd STP maps they stay at 100% though the higher throttle ranges.

Well if the TRE fools the ECU into running 4th gear maps all the time, whats going to happen at 5850 RPM now in 1st - 3rd gear when you reach 5850 RPM?.........things that make you go hmmmm.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Maybe that G10 (<?) Ecm group that you were talking about is the factor here! Im pretty sure my bike is a basic US American market bike Not California or Canada but strangers things have happened before so i guess anything is possible nonetheless it has me perplexed!
    So far every ECU I have seen that came out of a 2006 or 2007 has been a 32920-48G10 Denso ECU.
    About 75% of the 2008 ECU's I have seen have been this same model number.

So if you have a 2006 - 2007 M109R made for the American market then its a good bet the model number is 32920-48G10
    (Pull out your ECU and snap a picture of the model number and post it. Only takes 2 minutes to get it out of the bike)

At some point in 2008 Suzuki started putting the Gen 2 32920-48G50 Denso ECU in the bike.
    This ECU is actually listed for 2009-2010 models but I have seen 2 of these already out of 2008 bikes.

All of the 2011 - 2018 ECU's I have seen were all 32920-48GH0 Denso ECU's with the exception of one I got from Canada and it was model # 32920-48GB1.

All of the Gen 2 and Gen 3 ECU's have had the exact same map layout no matter the model number, only the Gen 1 2006 - 2008 have been different out of all the ECU's I have seen.........(and every single one of them has worked in my 2007 M109......crazy right, I was curious so I tried each model in my bike and they all worked fine)

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-05-2018 at 02:59 AM.

BCS
    Do you think they did this to help try and curb top speed which doesn't make sense since they have a top speed limiter or to try and keep the motor from an excessively lean condition?

Quote Originally Posted by 84yota View Post
    Do you think they did this to help try and curb top speed which doesn't make sense since they have a top speed limiter or to try and keep the motor from an excessively lean condition?
    I am not sure what Suzuki's motivation was to do this, since they changed the maps up in Gen 2 & 3 ECU's so that 4th gear was not affected by this STP Restriction.

Slamming the secondary's shut I don't think has anything to do with keeping the bike from a lean condition. Maybe if they slightly closed them or something I might believe that's what they were going for, but slamming them shut is like throwing on the brakes.
    From a performance standpoint adding fuel is a much better option than restricting air intake.
    As far as curbing the top speed....well shutting the secondary's will certainly do that, and make the bike run like crap in the process while you are in that STP range.

Next time I remove a TRE from a bike I might hold on to it and do some testing of my own just to see the actual results for myself, but looking at only the ECU maps provided from a logical standpoint it is obvious what is taking place.

BCS

I’d love to get a hold of that software.... for a long time while I was having fun engine swapping different Mazda’s the one thing that always got brought up was standalone ECU’s where you programmed the entire fuel maps, mainly used for turbo applications.

So seeing the screenshots of the tuning software make perfect sense to me as to what’s going on and I’d love to gain experience in the tuning aspect for the next 9 I get.... assuming it doesn’t get destroyed after a few short months this time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    I’d love to get a hold of that software.... for a long time while I was having fun engine swapping different Mazda’s the one thing that always got brought up was standalone ECU’s where you programmed the entire fuel maps, mainly used for turbo applications.

So seeing the screenshots of the tuning software make perfect sense to me as to what’s going on and I’d love to gain experience in the tuning aspect for the next 9 I get.... assuming it doesn’t get destroyed after a few short months this time lol
    Its a dance for sure and quite a learning curve.
    What I posted was only the stock STP maps, there are also fuel and timing maps that have to be manipulated.

Figuring out how far you can advance the timing and how much fuel to add/subtract is a time consuming process on the dyno and even once you get that dialed in, if you then data log actual ride time on the bike it gets even more convoluted.
    The AFR readings are not as cut and dried as most think. You will end up with a wide range of AFR readings in the same timing and fuel cells at different points during your ride and the transition from IAP to TPS fuel maps is also a fun source of entertainment to deal with......that's where the dance part comes in.

The AFR numbers you see on most dyno punch sheets are WOT (Wide open throttle) only.

If you are one that likes to poke at your bike with a stick all the time making changes, have a lot of free time and some disposable income then it might be a good fit for you.

BCS

If you are one that likes to poke at your bike with a stick all the time making changes, have a lot of free time and some disposable income then it might be a good fit for you.

BCS
    This describes me well and was my plan for this coming winter before my bike was destroyed.... I wanted to even buy it back from the insurance company for parts to help with building the next bike but they deemed it too badly damaged for me to buy back

I’ve always had a project car that I love digging deep into just to build it back up

Very Active Member

Default NOOB here

Hello everyone:
    This is my very first "post" on here. I arrived to this thread because I absolutely need something to smooth out my '14. It is fun to get sunk into the seat when opening the throttle, but it can become a laborous feat cornering and handling when I just want to cruise and enjoy the wind. With that said, I am buying another '14 and would love to have it as tuned as possible to take to the track and daily ride sometimes.
    I am installing a Power commander 5 and a TRE.
    Does anyone have a map optimized for performance they are willing to provide? (I am willing to purchase also). I am asking for the whole kit-n-kaboodle mapping...air/fuel/timing. Is there anything else I would need to get the max HP and top speed? I am keeping the stock pipes as I love the sound. Any help is appreciated. Please private message me to avoid hi-jacking this thread. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS_man View Post
    Hello everyone:
    This is my very first "post" on here. I arrived to this thread because I absolutely need something to smooth out my '14. It is fun to get sunk into the seat when opening the throttle, but it can become a laborous feat cornering and handling when I just want to cruise and enjoy the wind. With that said, I am buying another '14 and would love to have it as tuned as possible to take to the track and daily ride sometimes.
    I am installing a Power commander 5 and a TRE.
    Does anyone have a map optimized for performance they are willing to provide? (I am willing to purchase also). I am asking for the whole kit-n-kaboodle mapping...air/fuel/timing. Is there anything else I would need to get the max HP and top speed? I am keeping the stock pipes as I love the sound. Any help is appreciated. Please private message me to avoid hi-jacking this thread. Thanks guys.
    If you are going to use a PC5 then that will only do your fuel mapping.
    If you are going to use a TRE then you will run stock 4th gear maps all the time (Timing/STP/Fuel) (The PC5 will map on top of the stock fuel)
    Your Air is going to be what ever your intakes will provide.

You should be able to find a PC5 map for the stock bike on Dynojets webpage.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-06-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Well here is one thing I was always curious about. How far off would the TRE throw off the standard Power Commander maps?

I had a Kawasaki sport bike prior, and Power Commander offered maps for this bike that were built around having a TRE and not having one, and they were way different.

With the TRE, you are now running one timing curve, etc., in stock trim, depending on the gear, its different, and the maps are built around factory settings.

Again, just curious.

Very Active Member

Below are the STP maps for the 2011 - 2018 M109R (And to answer a question asked earlier....Yes 2018 M109R bin files are now available......I did not notice the update myself until now)

Below is also the RPM Limiter for the 2011-2018 M109R (Notice there is no top speed limiter box to uncheck on these models)

You can see that the Neutral and 1st - 3rd gear STP maps are very similar percentage wise, so no real change there.
    1st - 3rd gear on all year models have the secondary's open to 100% at the higher throttle positions throughout the maps......so there is no STP restriction in 1st - 3rd gear for top end speed.

Now look at he 4th & 5th gear maps on these models......yes they are still combined but you can see that the secondary's are open to 100% and do not close down to 35 & 20% at 5850 RPM and greater.

What is different is there is a separate map for these models that is called "5th Gear Restriction" and you can see that in this map it does have the secondary's closing down at 5850 and greater.

So if the TRE is fooling the ECU into thinking the bike is in 4th gear all the time then this "5th Gear Restriction" map will never come into play on the newer model bikes.

Hopefully this info will be useful / helpful to some of you. I have nothing to loose or gain by posting it, only trying to share the information that I have access to with the rest of you so you have a better understanding of whats going on inside the magic black box.

BCS

Looking at the Woolich software, the STP maps have a map for gears 4,5 as well as the gear 5 restriction map. The gear 4,5 map uses the same values for both gears, which keeps the STP open at 100%. Like you mentioned above, the gear 5 restriction map closes the STP down down earlier in the rev range. I'm confused as to what tells the bike to use the gear 4,5 STP map or the gear 5 restriction STP map, as this leads me to believe that there are two separate STP maps for the same gear on the stock ecu. Or is it just as simple as the gear 4,5 STP map being mis-labeled in the Woolich software, and should just be called gear 4?

You only have the extra 5th gear restriction map in the Gen 2 and Gen 3 ECU bin files.....it does not exist in the earlier model Gen 1 bin files.

Who knows why Suzuki does what they do.....I can only show what I can physically see.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-06-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Default To TRE or not to TRE

This is a very interesting discussion. Unfortunately I could not pass a pop quiz on the topic so I would like to ask a simple question. I have a stock 2007. I live and ride at 8000 feet to 11000 feet. The bike ran beautifully but installed a TRE thinking that the timing would be advanced in gears 1 thru 3 to match the timing on gears 4 and 5. I was thinking that this would be a good thing at high altitudes. Bike still runs great. Honestly can't tell any difference. If I am losing horse power at higher RPMS, maybe remove the TRE??

Quote Originally Posted by Zuk View Post
    This is a very interesting discussion. Unfortunately I could not pass a pop quiz on the topic so I would like to ask a simple question. I have a stock 2007. I live and ride at 8000 feet to 11000 feet. The bike ran beautifully but installed a TRE thinking that the timing would be advanced in gears 1 thru 3 to match the timing on gears 4 and 5. I was thinking that this would be a good thing at high altitudes. Bike still runs great. Honestly can't tell any difference. If I am losing horse power at higher RPMS, maybe remove the TRE??
    You are running advanced timing maps in 1st -3rd when you have the TRE installed and it may well make your bike run smoother and feel better. Not saying it won't.
    As long as you are keeping the RPM under 5850 then nothing said in this thread will affect you.
    If you want to redline the bike then in my opinion you would not be able to do it on that year with a TRE installed. (And you would not be able to do it in 4th or 5th gear even if you remove the TRE)
    Take your bike out tomorrow and hammer it.....see if you can get to 6500 - 7000 or higher RPM in any gear without hearing the bike fall on its face first.

I also have a 2007 and have my RPM limiter raised and my maps tuned in the ECU.....I can hit 7600 RPM in every gear. (Although I usually never take first that high and try to shift out of first by 6500 RPM)
    (This is not everyday driving RPM, I am talking about intentionally trying to get on it numbers)

I want to take my bike up into the mountains one day and do some data logging just to see what effect different altitudes have on the tune and the AFR of a bike tuned at sea level.
    I want to say that the IAP maps will bridge the gap in fueling due to the difference in atmospheric pressure at the different altitude......but I have never put that theory to the test yet.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-07-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Default I understand!

You are running advanced timing maps in 1st -3rd when you have the TRE installed and it may well make your bike run smoother and feel better. Not saying it won't.As long as you are keeping the RPM under 5850 then nothing said in this thread will affect you. If you want to redline the bike then in my opinion you would not be able to do it on that year with a TRE installed. (And you would not be able to do it in 4th or 5th gear even if you remove the TRE)Take your bike out tomorrow and hammer it.....see if you can get to 6500 - 7000 or higher RPM in any gear without hearing the bike fall on its face first. I also have a 2007 and have my RPM limiter raised and my maps tuned in the ECU.....I can hit 7600 RPM in every gear. (Although I usually never take first that high and try to shift out of first by 6500 RPM)(This is not everyday driving RPM, I am talking about intentionally trying to get on it numbers)I want to take my bike up into the mountains one day and do some data logging just to see what effect different altitudes have on the tune and the AFR of a bike tuned at sea level. I want to say that the IAP maps will bridge the gap in fueling due to the difference in atmospheric pressure at the different altitude......but I have never put that theory to the test yet.BCS
    Thank You

I enjoy riding my Nine, yet in the 12 years I've owned it I've not hit redline once. Maybe it has something to do with what BCS it talkin about, with those secondaries slamming closed up top. But I've always felt that around 6000 rpm was about the highest I needed to go power wise. Who knows, maybe the motor will live longer not running it to redline all the time. My B-King has a 12,500 rpm redline, and personally, I doubt it'll ever see that with me riding it. Just don't need to go there, the bike is already going so bloody fast at 8000 rpm's, and pulling so frikkin hard. Can't imagine a scenario where I need to go all the way to redline on that bike.

Default Redline test

You are running advanced timing maps in 1st -3rd when you have the TRE installed and it may well make your bike run smoother and feel better. Not saying it won't.As long as you are keeping the RPM under 5850 then nothing said in this thread will affect you. If you want to redline the bike then in my opinion you would not be able to do it on that year with a TRE installed. (And you would not be able to do it in 4th or 5th gear even if you remove the TRE)Take your bike out tomorrow and hammer it.....see if you can get to 6500 - 7000 or higher RPM in any gear without hearing the bike fall on its face first. I also have a 2007 and have my RPM limiter raised and my maps tuned in the ECU.....I can hit 7600 RPM in every gear. (Although I usually never take first that high and try to shift out of first by 6500 RPM)(This is not everyday driving RPM, I am talking about intentionally trying to get on it numbers)I want to take my bike up into the mountains one day and do some data logging just to see what effect different altitudes have on the tune and the AFR of a bike tuned at sea level. I want to say that the IAP maps will bridge the gap in fueling due to the difference in atmospheric pressure at the different altitude......but I have never put that theory to the test yet.BCS
    ECU 32920-48G10 112100-5212 I believe the bike is stock ( not flashed ). Everything else is bone stock. Bought it used. I installed a Gman TRE. Second gear: Full throttle from 3000 to Redline. Smooth, strong no detectable dropoff 5800 to redline. 80 MPH. So maybe the TRE is only using 4th gear timing and not the rest of the 4th gear mapping OR maybe it's not doing anything because I installed it incorrectly. Hmmmm

Will have to find a safer road to test 3rd gear. All of this is not really that important to my enjoyment of the bike. It's like you say, " as long as the bike runs good and I am enjoying it, that is what matters ". I DO enjoy this part of owning a 109 however.

ECU 32920-48G10 112100-5212 I believe the bike is stock ( not flashed ). Everything else is bone stock. Bought it used. I installed a Gman TRE. Second gear: Full throttle from 3000 to Redline. Smooth, strong no detectable dropoff 5800 to redline. 80 MPH. So maybe the TRE is only using 4th gear timing and not the rest of the 4th gear mapping OR maybe it's not doing anything because I installed it incorrectly. Hmmmm

Will have to find a safer road to test 3rd gear. All of this is not really that important to my enjoyment of the bike. It's like you say, " as long as the bike runs good and I am enjoying it, that is what matters ". I DO enjoy this part of owning a 109 however.

I can only present the facts as they appear in black and white.
    The maps I posted are pretty clear as to what will happen.
    You said you hit redline in 2nd gear, the maps I posted show no STP limiter that would keep you from doing that with stock bike. 1st - 3rd gear)

The TRE is supposedly fooling the bike into thinking its in 4th gear all the time. If that was the case then your secondary's should close down in any gear when running the TRE on your model bike.
    You also said earlier that you felt no difference between running the TRE and not running the TRE. That is not the response most people who install a TRE on their bike give.

Using only the facts presented I would say your TRE is not tricking your ECU into thinking you are in 4th gear all the time.

Try and see if you can redline 4th gear and if you cannot then that would give us an idea of whats taking place. (Stock 4th & 5th Gear on your bike should slam the secondary's closed and you will hear it when it does)

I have never tried any of this, never had a TRE on my bike.....I am simply reading the stock ECU maps and stating what should logically happen due to the output of these maps.

Also its a bit of a stretch but if your secondary's have been removed then you would not run up on this problem either as there would be nothing in place to close.
    Like I say, its a bit of a stretch but not unheard of someone removing them in the earlier years to keep from hitting this restriction.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 07-08-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Default I agree

I can only present the facts as they appear in black and white.The maps I posted are pretty clear as to what will happen.You said you hit redline in 2nd gear, the maps I posted show no STP limiter that would keep you from doing that with stock bike. 1st - 3rd gear)The TRE is supposedly fooling the bike into thinking its in 4th gear all the time. If that was the case then your secondary's should close down in any gear when running the TRE on your model bike.You also said earlier that you felt no difference between running the TRE and not running the TRE. That is not the response most people who install a TRE on their bike give.Using only the facts presented I would say your TRE is not tricking your ECU into thinking you are in 4th gear all the time. Try and see if you can redline 4th gear and if you cannot then that would give us an idea of whats taking place. (Stock 4th & 5th Gear on your bike should slam the secondary's closed and you will hear it when it does)I have never tried any of this, never had a TRE on my bike.....I am simply reading the stock ECU maps and stating what should logically happen due to the output of these maps.Also its a bit of a stretch but if your secondary's have been removed then you would not run up on this problem either as there would be nothing in place to close. Like I say, its a bit of a stretch but not unheard of someone removing them in the earlier years to keep from hitting this restriction.BCS
    Everything that you say makes perfect logical sense. The next step is to grow a set and complete the 4th gear redline test

Everything that you say makes perfect logical sense. The next step is to grow a set and complete the 4th gear redline test
    LOL.....if you have never done it before, be aware......its very addicting once you have tried it.

Thanks for testing out this "theory" and posting the info you find.

Ride careful out there my friend.

BCS

Just a quick disclaimer.....

I am not asking anyone to go out and speed on their motorcycle or to break any written laws. (I am simply making open statements for the sake of this conversaton and not suggesting anyone do anything)

I am not asking for anyone to go out and prove anything mentioned in this thread.

If you happen to go out and do any of this on your own, under your own free will and by your own choice, then any consequences that may arise from your actions are all on you.

I take no responsibility for the actions of anyone reading this thread.

BCS

I have 2018. I Just remove the restrictions and the bike will continue to climb in speed past the speedometers range.

They also reduced the stp in 3rd gear up to 4400rpm. I imagine for economy cruising.

Name:	image_1602026298083.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	389828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1602026334168.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	389830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1602026391892.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	389832  

Whats the software you re using?