M109 Rider Forums banner

Maggie Valley ride scheduled for October 11-14

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  FlyingCircus 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would post this here since there was some interest from some of the fellas at the MAM.
October 11-14 will be the dates for the spyder rally in Maggie Valley, NC. This is not just a spyder event, and like at the MAM, there will be other bikes in attendance. As those that came to the MAM in Asheville can testify to, there are loads of wonderful roads, and tons of sites to see. There is also close by Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, which has fun for the whole family. As beautiful as things were this past June, the sites are so much more amazing in the fall, with the color changes. The event location is at the fair grounds in Maggie Valley, but people are staying at hotels all along Soco Rd. You can just go through booking.com or someplace and find your best deals. I also have a good hook up with a hotel that works out wonderful prices. If you would need help getting this set up, let me know. I hope to see some of you guys there.
There will be loads of riding, but this fall will be more laid back for me, as my wife will be along for the ride. Please post up if you have interest.

Thanks,

Keith Cash

UPDATE:
Not sure who will be possibly going, but I just got information back from the Hearth and Home Inn. They are a small hotel in Maggie Valley that we have stayed at many times over the years. He said that he has room available right now and he can be contacted for reservations. It is not fancy, but a really nice, clean hotel. If you contact him, be sure to reference me for special pricing, as most room rates in the area go up as fall approaches.
His email address is reservations@hearthandhomeinn.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm in.

#5 ·
Just wanted to bump this back to the top. There has been quite a bit of discussion about this on facebook, and through text. Looks like we could have anywhere from 8-10 couples and/or individuals who will be attending this gathering. So if you are on the fence about joining us, please contact me if you would like, or need more information. Temps should be great, and fall colors will be nice.

#7 ·
I am really looking forward to this trip. The wife will be with me, so it will be at a slower pace for me, but still fun. But don't worry, if you want a spirited ride, just try to stay up with Georgia. Don't let her quiet nature fool you. When she gets on 3 wheels, she is a beast. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Going to get a tire put on the spyder this week. Glad I didn't take the trip to the BRP last weekend. Yesterday I found out the rear is worn down to the wire in the middle:eek:.

#8 · (Edited)
I’m in also on October 10-12 because I have to work that weekend. I just confirmed my reservation with Allen.

#10 ·
Anyone else going to make it for this?

Georgia and I will be pulling in on 10/8 and heading home on 10/14. We are staying at the Maggie Valley Inn.
About 5-7 couples from the upstate area are coming down (not good with names). I know some are staying in Waynesville, as rooms were getting scarce in Maggie Valley. I figure we could meet them near the BoJangles for rides each day. We will be arriving on 10/10 and leaving on 10/14. My wife will be coming along with me, so I will be the guy on the spyder, pulling the Uhaul trailer:-\.
I like to pack for each day, and then an extra set, just in case. My wife likes to pack for each day, and then an extra set for each day:eek: (BTW, don't forget the 3-4 pair of shoes). Considering we will be in a condo with washer and dryer, I will see how she packs, and then just take whatever room is left. So if you see my clothing repeat every 2 days, just know that I washed them the night before:D.

#12 · (Edited)
I had a good time, food and fellowship at Maggie Valley Spyder Rally. Maybe next year I'll have a Spyder in the garage also.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud Fuel tank
Table Smile Chair Human Sharing

#14 ·
No, I'm the trail guy on group rides. People tend to remember the last bike that they saw, :joke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.