Maggie Valley ride scheduled for October 11-14

Thread: Maggie Valley ride scheduled for October 11-14

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Default Maggie Valley ride scheduled for October 11-14

I thought I would post this here since there was some interest from some of the fellas at the MAM.
    October 11-14 will be the dates for the spyder rally in Maggie Valley, NC. This is not just a spyder event, and like at the MAM, there will be other bikes in attendance. As those that came to the MAM in Asheville can testify to, there are loads of wonderful roads, and tons of sites to see. There is also close by Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, which has fun for the whole family. As beautiful as things were this past June, the sites are so much more amazing in the fall, with the color changes. The event location is at the fair grounds in Maggie Valley, but people are staying at hotels all along Soco Rd. You can just go through booking.com or someplace and find your best deals. I also have a good hook up with a hotel that works out wonderful prices. If you would need help getting this set up, let me know. I hope to see some of you guys there.
    There will be loads of riding, but this fall will be more laid back for me, as my wife will be along for the ride. Please post up if you have interest.

Thanks,

Keith Cash

UPDATE:
    Not sure who will be possibly going, but I just got information back from the Hearth and Home Inn. They are a small hotel in Maggie Valley that we have stayed at many times over the years. He said that he has room available right now and he can be contacted for reservations. It is not fancy, but a really nice, clean hotel. If you contact him, be sure to reference me for special pricing, as most room rates in the area go up as fall approaches.
    His email address is [email protected]
    Last edited by blacklightning; 07-02-2018 at 05:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm in.
    2017 BOSS - Sideburner 2-1 Exhaust, Revo Smoked Integrated Tail Light, Revo G5 Knight Rider, Cyclops, 7000Lumen H4 LED, Flatz Turn Signals, Q5 Intakes, Cobra Powerpro Black, ECU Reflash, Arnott Air Ride, +2 Risers and cables, Gunner Grips, Black Sickle Mirrors, Side Mount Tag w/ Light Pod, BOSS Derby Cover, Yana Shiki Shorty Holes Kickstand

Quote Originally Posted by wborn View Post
    I'm in.
    That would be great. I just talked to the owner of one of the many hotels in the area. He says right now he has plenty of room, and anyone that would be interested can email him directly. I will update the information on the original post.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Tentative!

Just wanted to bump this back to the top. There has been quite a bit of discussion about this on facebook, and through text. Looks like we could have anywhere from 8-10 couples and/or individuals who will be attending this gathering. So if you are on the fence about joining us, please contact me if you would like, or need more information. Temps should be great, and fall colors will be nice.

Georgia and I will be there. Can’t wait! Had a great time last year. For anyone on the fence, here is a link to a thread I posted after last year’s trip with lots of pictures.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335841

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Georgia and I will be there. Can’t wait! Had a great time last year. For anyone on the fence, here is a link to a thread I posted after last year’s trip with lots of pictures.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335841
    I am really looking forward to this trip. The wife will be with me, so it will be at a slower pace for me, but still fun. But don't worry, if you want a spirited ride, just try to stay up with Georgia. Don't let her quiet nature fool you. When she gets on 3 wheels, she is a beast. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Going to get a tire put on the spyder this week. Glad I didn't take the trip to the BRP last weekend. Yesterday I found out the rear is worn down to the wire in the middle.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I’m in also on October 10-12 because I have to work that weekend. I just confirmed my reservation with Allen.
    Last edited by BIG MIKE 109R; 08-09-2018 at 01:56 PM.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Anyone else going to make it for this?

Georgia and I will be pulling in on 10/8 and heading home on 10/14. We are staying at the Maggie Valley Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Anyone else going to make it for this?

Georgia and I will be pulling in on 10/8 and heading home on 10/14. We are staying at the Maggie Valley Inn.
    About 5-7 couples from the upstate area are coming down (not good with names). I know some are staying in Waynesville, as rooms were getting scarce in Maggie Valley. I figure we could meet them near the BoJangles for rides each day. We will be arriving on 10/10 and leaving on 10/14. My wife will be coming along with me, so I will be the guy on the spyder, pulling the Uhaul trailer.
    I like to pack for each day, and then an extra set, just in case. My wife likes to pack for each day, and then an extra set for each day (BTW, don't forget the 3-4 pair of shoes). Considering we will be in a condo with washer and dryer, I will see how she packs, and then just take whatever room is left. So if you see my clothing repeat every 2 days, just know that I washed them the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    About 5-7 couples from the upstate area are coming down (not good with names). I know some are staying in Waynesville, as rooms were getting scarce in Maggie Valley. I figure we could meet them near the BoJangles for rides each day. We will be arriving on 10/10 and leaving on 10/14. My wife will be coming along with me, so I will be the guy on the spyder, pulling the Uhaul trailer.
    I like to pack for each day, and then an extra set, just in case. My wife likes to pack for each day, and then an extra set for each day (BTW, don't forget the 3-4 pair of shoes). Considering we will be in a condo with washer and dryer, I will see how she packs, and then just take whatever room is left. So if you see my clothing repeat every 2 days, just know that I washed them the night before.
    You just need to bring her on more trips. Georgia does better at packing less each trip we take. Now I just have to teach her how to roll her close when she packs so it fits into a smaller bag. A couple more trips and we might be able to leave the trailer at home and ride in. ...but I doubt that ever happens!

I had a good time, food and fellowship at Maggie Valley Spyder Rally. Maybe next year I’ll have a Spyder in the garage also.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4ADF0330-CF1E-46C6-992E-F776C36B3BD5.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	380380
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34EC61EF-B104-4FDA-AC44-90CDB17DB79D.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	380382
    Last edited by BIG MIKE 109R; 10-16-2018 at 09:51 PM.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Was the 9 at the lead of the pack?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Was the 9 at the lead of the pack?
    No, I’m the trail guy on group rides. People tend to remember the last bike that they saw,

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    No, I’m the trail guy on group rides. People tend to remember the last bike that they saw,

I hear you. On my club's rides I'm usually the tail gunner as a lot Harleys and of course mine is much more reliable. Seems every time we help a straggler it's a Harley