Rattle

Thread: Rattle

Default Rattle

I have got a rattle that is driving me nuts. I sat down and tightened for about an hour not finding anything loose and it is still happening. I only hear it on decel but it's a metallic rattling.

Or I wonder if I'm just going crazy? Anyone know if a rattling sound is first sign of insanity?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

where is the noise coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by atlsrt44 View Post
    I have got a rattle that is driving me nuts. I sat down and tightened for about an hour not finding anything loose and it is still happening. I only hear it on decel but it's a metallic rattling.

Or I wonder if I'm just going crazy? Anyone know if a rattling sound is first sign of insanity?
    Is it possible that is sound from your clutch dampening springs? Does it

do that when you depress the clutch lever even when you are at rest??
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post

Is it possible that is sound from your clutch dampening springs? Does it

do that when you depress the clutch lever even when you are at rest??
    Nope. It appears to be doing it clutch out on decel. Best I can figure Is engine shifts on decel and is maybe rubbing against a heatshield or something. Taking it to shop on Saturday till I find it.

Mine had the similar sound, turns out it was a metal bracket on the rear fender plastic. Its between the splash guard and rear fender. I changed my tailight and forgot to tighten this metal bracket so it was making this annoying noise.

Maybe this helps figuring out problem

I had a similar rattle a while back, turned out to be one of the little rubbers on the heat shield of the exhaust had decided it had enough and left so the tab would vibrate at certain revs and was really f***ing annoying until I found out what was causing it

Found it... snapped clean. If you cant see it's the bracket on the top exhaust pipe towards the rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG_20180615_183027.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	378318  

I had something sim-miler ended up being gas cap flap for key just a thought?

Muffler heatshield. Sheared clean off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG_20180616_163630.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	378332  

Dealership said suzuki might fix it under warranty

If this is a new bike still under warranty they better cover the repairs ..it is afterall either poor workmanship and or poor quality materials!

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

crap components

A few weeks ago I went to lock my helmet on the lock and it moved. I'm like WTF so grabbed it and it fell off. Completely sheered off and I hadn't been anywhere near it with mods

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    If this is a new bike still under warranty they better cover the repairs ..it is afterall either poor workmanship and or poor quality materials!
    It's a 2017. About 3 months out of warranty.

Just dropped bike off at dealership and now they are saying suzuki probably isn't going to warranty it...

So an update. Dropped bike off at mountain motorsports on June 23rd. My claim is now on the 3rd persons desk and we are over 1 month in to replace a $200 part...

Suzuki cant seem to decide whether to fix it or not and just keeps asking for more pictures and transferring it to someone else.

Got a call from dealership today. Suzuki said they aren't going to fix bike because I'm 4 months out of warranty and the part is only cosmetic.

I told the dealership fine fix it. $225 for the heatshield.

They call me back and said it's on back order and it doesnt say when it will be available.

Not too fond of suzuki right now

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

If it is a heat shield on your exhaust you can fine people selling the entire stock exhaust for around $100.00.

Don't think I would pay $225 for a piece of a stock heat shield, I would put that $225 toward purchasing an aftermarket exhaust before I did that.

Suzuki is obviously not going to warranty your bike anymore.......so forget about that stock crap and let the modding begin.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 08-03-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    If it is a heat shield on your exhaust you can fine people selling the entire stock exhaust for around $100.00.

Don't think I would pay $225 for a piece of a stock heat shield, I would put that $225 toward purchasing an aftermarket exhaust before I did that.

Suzuki is obviously not going to warranty your bike anymore.......so forget about that stock crap and let the modding begin.

BCS
    completely.

Found it... snapped clean. If you cant see it's the bracket on the top exhaust pipe towards the rear.
    I had a heat shield bracket break off on mine where the lower pipe extends aft of the collector. Luckily, I was at work... and I have a TIG welder there that I can play with.
    '09 M90 - Current Status: waking the dead.