M109 Rider Forums banner

Tsukayu hard bags

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SuzukiC109RT 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I just bought a set of Tsukayu bags and I'm wondering if someone could tell me what kind of space is needed between the top of the stock pipes and the bottom of the bag?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I installed Cobra pipes last year so I cant go out and measure. The cobra pipes are a lot smaller than the big factory pipes. I do remember that with the bags positioned the way I wanted them and what looked correct to the fender, there was plenty of space. Maybe as much as 2 inches or more. I never had any problems with heat. I could take a pic of the bag on the exhaust side and you maybe able to get an orientation of it. I am sure once you get started with the mounting you'll find the exhaust isn't a real concern. Congrats on the bags. Ive had them for a few years now. And actually bought them used. I still love them and haven't had any problems. No regrets. Recently purchased and installed Tsukayu's fairing Loving that too. Also no regrets. Oh I posted a couple of You Tube videos on the bags, I am sure you can find them if you haven't already. maybe in the video you can get an idea of the spacing I had.

#6 ·
Bag Height from Exhaust

Hi guys. I just bought a set of Tsukayu bags and I'm wondering if someone could tell me what kind of space is needed between the top of the stock pipes and the bottom of the bag?
Thanks in advance

This is what i did for my bags.
Place a 2 X 4 on top of the Exhaust.
Put your new Bag on top of the 2 X 4
Line up your holes and mark.
Places the bags together and drill the holes.
Buy a sheet of heat shield which is sticky on one side
clean the bottom of the Exhaust side of the bag.
Place the heat Shield on the bottom of the bag.
Install bags.

Mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.