LED headlight- old topic i know

Thread: LED headlight- old topic i know

Default LED headlight- old topic i know

so, i switched my stock headlight for a Kuryakyn halogen. it was much brighter, but i wanted more. i poured over the threads here about led headlight bulbs and landed on these- (see photo) that someone recommended and said were so amazing. i dont tink its any brighter than the kuryakyn halogen and the difference between high and low is nothing. a friend has a triangle shaped led bulb in his 2003 yamaha roadstar warrior. its bright like a laser beam. i know from experience. he is ALWAYS behind me lol. anyways, definitely want a bright bulb. one with a clear improvement when on high beam. one that parts the night like a pimple 19 year old parts his prom dates legs at the motel 6. one that parts the darkness like moses did the red sea. one that could cause small woodland creatures to combust after only a second or 2 exposure. preferably one thats .99cents with free overnight shipping and has a warranty guaranteeing a handjob and 500% money back. ill settle for one that really ****ing bright though lol. also- decent priced running light/turn signal/driving light combo? i like he kuryakyn but dont want to pay $109.99 each for them. seems excessive. your help would be appreciated on this far over discussed topic. thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	377193  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Most people swear by the cyclops 7000

Not cheap but I guess the layout of the LEDs are perfect for the reflectors in our buckets

I have one on the way but they are out of stock so are sending me the new gen10 which is supposed to be new and improved version

Will have it by Tuesday

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Cyclops lover here... I was hesitant about an $80 bulb, but it won me over quick.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    2006 Blurple M109R

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Key numbers are lumens and temp (K). The more lumens, the brighter (theoretically). As for temp ... 6000K is about a white as you can get. More or less you loose out on brightness for actual colour. The other thing is that the replacement bulb should have the one/two LED light source in the same position as the stock bulb. These corn-cob multiple LED bulbs will not reflect properly on the inside reflector. Another factor is that modern LED bulbs do not use ballasts . Ballasts are older technology.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

New guy here, looking at 2008 Silver M109R but its seems to have different headlight or (older style) not sure why most seem to have this large cover but this light looks totally different? Anyone know what it is why looks different? This is NOT the bike but the same light.... https://canyonstateclassics.com/vehi...109r-boulevard

I don't recall what years this smaller nacelle was available, but yes it is stock. Bulb is same either way. I personally think it looks ugly and takes away from the uniqueness of the bike ... my opinion
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

That's stock from a model called an R2

That is definitely an M109R2 model, and Suzuki only produced it in 2008, along with the M109R model as well. My 08’ is an M109R2 version, but it’s now on it’s 3rd Headlight Assembly...a 2010 Victory Jackpot Headlight.

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    I don't recall what years this smaller nacelle was available, but yes it is stock. Bulb is same either way. I personally think it looks ugly and takes away from the uniqueness of the bike ... my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    That's stock from a model called an R2

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    That is definitely an M109R2 model, and Suzuki only produced it in 2008, along with the M109R model as well. My 08’ is an M109R2 version, but it’s now on it’s 3rd Headlight Assembly...a 2010 Victory Jackpot Headlight.
    Thanks guys, this was what I was thinking too! This is crazy there is NOTHING on VIN or any paperwork shows as R2, I am not sure I like it as much as the cowl one either but its nice bike and there is always upgrades! According to the dealership computer its listed as MK8, NADA only shows a K8, no R2 listed anywhere, why do they make this so hard? Do I call Suzuki?

If I go for changing it out, what do you recommend? Id like something really BIGHT WHITE, I live in rural area of NYS, gets very dark here already ordered some engine guards will look maybe nice set PIAA's 510 or LP270 Driving Light down low too!
    Last edited by StitchsLoft; 05-31-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    If I go for changing it out, what do you recommend? Id like something really BIGHT WHITE, I live in rural area of NYS, gets very dark here already ordered some engine guards will look maybe nice set PIAA's 510 or LP270 Driving Light down low too!
    Are you wanting to change out the entire Headlight Assembly/Bucket, or just the bulb?

Are you wanting to change out the entire Headlight Assembly/Bucket, or just the bulb?
    Not sure yet may just go with the PIAA Xtreme White Plus Anti-Vibration Bulb H4 #70456 first see how that does

I am also looking maybe the HID from this thread...
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post3951529

I got my Cyclops Version10 and it's incredibly bright in both low and high beam

Would love to see a pic of your bike with that headlight

Thanks for all the help guys, thought you guys want see pic of the ole 2008 M109R2 she only has 6,100 miles...

I signed the papers today but ordered Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black Fuel Processor & pipe, plus a few small things like engine guards to have put on while they go over everything so couple more weeks for parts to come in... They even had order my new helmet no SILVER in stock LOL

So how do I look? This is big jump from the M50 but should be able to get it down with some practice! May take re-fresher class, prob could use it anyway!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M109R2x.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	377842

Your grin gives it away - "This is AWWwwwSSSummmmm...." lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Your grin gives it away - "This is AWWwwwSSSummmmm...." lol.

PARTS ON ORDER! and so it begins! LOL

Another surprise I was looking over the bike before I left it at the shop for some upgrades...

BOOM it has Dunlop 250/40/R18 on the back already! =)

Very Active Member JerryAttrick's Avatar

I have an R2 myself and if you still want to improve the (absolutely abysmal) stock headlight bulb, I can highly recommend the Cyclops 7000lm LED bulb, which I have fitted in mine. No regrets and well worth the dollars.
    Growing old disgracefully... with a black '08 109R2.
    LAC Hi-flow intakes, Bassani pro-street turn-outs, Cobra FMS, Engine bars, De-beavered, 250 E3 rear / 160 Z6 front, Cyclops LED headlight, Slimline indicators, Kury Iso-grips, Iso-wings and Trident mirrors.

Thanks for all the help guys, thought you guys want see pic of the ole 2008 M109R2 she only has 6,100 miles...

I signed the papers today but ordered Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black Fuel Processor & pipe, plus a few small things like engine guards to have put on while they go over everything so couple more weeks for parts to come in... They even had order my new helmet no SILVER in stock LOL

So how do I look? This is big jump from the M50 but should be able to get it down with some practice! May take re-fresher class, prob could use it anyway!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M109R2x.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	377842
    Bike looks great. The refresher class is never a bad idea. All the drills make you a better rider and its sometimes a eye-opener what real "skills" look like. Everytime I go to one it makes me want to up my game more.

lb

Quote Originally Posted by JerryAttrick View Post
    I have an R2 myself and if you still want to improve the (absolutely abysmal) stock headlight bulb, I can highly recommend the Cyclops 7000lm LED bulb, which I have fitted in mine. No regrets and well worth the dollars.
    Do you have link to that? Tell me more about it please...

First MotoVlog / Music Video and BBQ!
    https://youtu.be/79KerWl42eI

Quote Originally Posted by JerryAttrick View Post
    Did you have link to that LED Jerry?

Did you have link to that LED Jerry?
    This is what Jerry was referring to - very popular LED bulb here.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...ulb_p_192.html

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    This is what Jerry was referring to - very popular LED bulb here.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...ulb_p_192.html
    Do you think that will work in my R2 headlamp too?

Do you think that will work in my R2 headlamp too?

I would think the R2 would use the same bulb size as the regular bucket