Front Fork help
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Front Fork help

  1. #1
    Active Member pjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nassau ny
    Posts
    39

    Question Front Fork help

    Hello all does anyone know what the stock length of front fork springs are also anyone know where i can buy good pair of springs my front right is leaking so not sure if my front was lowered i know 10 yrs ago i had a shop do a 2 in drop but dont know if he did springs in front also any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2007 M109R Avon heated grips sumoX fat tire kit sumoX custom paint dual K&N ram chargers kuraquian zombi pedals hydraulic clutch lever,demon eye head light,cobra dragster exhaust and programmer . People honking and giving thumbs up priceless

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144

    Default

    FORK SPRING
    • Measure the fork spring free length.
    • If it is shorter than the service limit, replace it with a new one.
    &
    Front fork spring free length:
    Service Limit: 391 mm (15.4 in)
    page 367 of the service manual
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 05-25-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  4. #3
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,071

    Default

    Here you go, these pictures are just the springs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5047.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	377121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5037.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	377129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5035.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	377137  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,071

    Default

    These are pictures with the PVC Extensions inserted in the spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5045.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	377145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5044.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	377153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5040.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	377161  

  7. #5
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    These are pictures with the PVC Extensions inserted in the spring.
    How does the pvc piece stay in the spring without popping out?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fergus, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    How does the pvc piece stay in the spring without popping out?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Maybe this video will help to answer your question...:

    https://youtu.be/14sSacYg1yA?t=11
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

  9. #7
    Very Active Member Weedahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Albany GA
    Posts
    984

    Default

    I have a set of springs if you are still looking for a set

  10. #8
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    How does the pvc piece stay in the spring without popping out?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    The stock pvc pieces actually neck down so the pvc stubs into the springs, but when you put the aftermarket springs in you are really just using 1 inch pvc and it sits on top a washer on top of the spring.
    Really no place for it to go, the dampening rod runs up the middle of the spring and PVC.

    OP I have the stock springs and stock pvc spacers you see in the picture available also if you need them.
    Just PM me.

    BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 05-26-2018 at 04:06 AM.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    The stock pvc pieces actually neck down so the pvc stubs into the springs, but when you put the aftermarket springs in you are really just using 1 inch pvc and it sits on top a washer on top of the spring.
    Really no place for it to go, the dampening rod runs up the middle of the spring and PVC.

    OP I have the stock springs and stock pvc spacers you see in the picture available also if you need them.
    Just PM me.

    BCS
    Ahh, ok. I see now, i wasnt thinking about the washer actually being the base for the pvc.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Question on this. Have 21" wheel and love it that it lifts the front end up and I don't scrape forward controls anymore. Thing is with the setup without the 6 degree triple trees i have damaged a small bit on the fender hitting the lower bolt under the headlight bucket. I'd like to keep the extra height and not hit fender by adding new springs

  13. #11
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Question on this. Have 21" wheel and love it that it lifts the front end up and I don't scrape forward controls anymore. Thing is with the setup without the 6 degree triple trees i have damaged a small bit on the fender hitting the lower bolt under the headlight bucket. I'd like to keep the extra height and not hit fender by adding new springs
    I used to bottom out the OEM springs all the time.

    Installed 1.1 kg springs and its much stiffer now......I like it much better.

    https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=226110

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->