Fat fork tubes, worth it, or leave them alone

Thread: Fat fork tubes, worth it, or leave them alone

Default Fat fork tubes, worth it, or leave them alone

I love the fat fork tubes that I see on alot of bikes here.

Is it worth the install, or is it too much or a headache? How do you get the headlight cowl to still fit? Does it make it harder to get the cowls off? Any drawbacks?

lb

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    I love the fat fork tubes that I see on alot of bikes here.

Is it worth the install, or is it too much or a headache? How do you get the headlight cowl to still fit? Does it make it harder to get the cowls off? Any drawbacks?

lb
    The Fat Fork Tubes are an absolute win. They help to finish off that robust look up front, and they have NO negative affects on the Headlight Cowl. They don’t interfere with the Headlight Cowl whatsoever. In my opinion, it's definitely worth it to have them installed, and the biggest drawbacks are the purchase price, the time it will take to install them, or the money it may cost to have them installed (if you can’t do it yourself).

I had them on my original setup and liked them but when I went to use a Batwing you couldn't keep them in the Batwing so I had to make a choice. Now that I have a different amount with a different front fairing I will be getting another set of the fat Fork tubes here soon for the 9 degree rake. I just spoke to Kirk about them just the other day

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

They are awesome only other problem is you will soon be spending more money cause you will want to chrome the triple trees or at least the top ones you don’t really see the bottom trees once the fork tubes are on
    Last edited by k109; 05-17-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

Quote Originally Posted by k109 View Post
    They are awesome only other problem is you will soon be spending mote money cause you will want to chrome the triple trees or at least the top ones you don’t really see the bottom trees once the fork tubes are on
    This is whats been keeping me from doing the Fat tubes. And I like my V-Stream windshield on highway trips.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    This is whats been keeping me from doing the Fat tubes. And I like my V-Stream windshield on highway trips.
    You can have a V-Stream and Fat Fork Tubes, you just have to do a little fabrication to the brackets so they fit the diameter of the Fat Fork Tubes.

Here is a picture of a bike from our Central Florida Group that has this set up.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29543051_10215682615281019_2015863938076589510_n.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	376682  

I love the look too, but didn't want to install something that had a drawback.

How hard is the install? Anyone know?

I live in Dallas Forth Worth, but haven't found a bike shop that I trust for good work, so I do everything myself.

lb