M109 Rider Forums banner

C109RT gear shifting

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  crzynoof 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone

I test rode a C109RT on the weekend. Couple things I noticed and I'm wondering if this is normal or not.

1. The clutch seems to be a bit stiff to pull in.
2. Going into second gear from first, is well, hard as hell. It's a resounding "CLUNK". It seems to vary based on the rpm i was at when shifting (no rpm gauge, thanks suzuki). Seems like the shift point is around 55 - 60 km/h (35 - 40 mph) for my american friends.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Cant say about clutch cable. Mine is normal, but the CLUNK...ooooooh yeah. If you plan to buy it, know that this is something that all of us have to live with :) Its annoying, and can be a bit managed with some mods (i used G bushing, which did help a bit, but its still there). Clunk shouldn`t worry you, as we all have it. Something this bike is very well known for LOL. On another note on mine is not "hard as hell". Sometimes its a bit harder than just normal shift, but clunk is there none the less. It does vary by the RPM you are at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.