M109 Rider Forums banner

Constitutional Carry!!! ;-)

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  M109Dreamer 
#1 ·
It appears that very soon, Oklahoma will become the 14th state to allow the carrying of firearms without a permit. The bill passed the House last week, and the Senate today. It goes to our Governor's desk for her signature, and Mary Fallin is avidly pro-gun. So I expect no problem with her signing it.

Never expected this would happen here, and it flew under my radar. Didn't know anything about it til the local snews channels starting bringing it up last week.

As usual, the anti's were rabid over it. Nice to say to them, shove it up your keister!!!!! ;)

#7 · (Edited)
A friend of mine that lives in Commiefornia told me even their news out there is saying that exact thing. He told me his wife said they need to move to Oklahoma. LOL

We've had concealed carry here since sometime in the 90's, open carry since 2012. Hasn't been any blood flowing in the streets yet. In addition, on November 1 2015, HB1911 went into affect allowing switchblade to be legally carried, along with any kind of fixed blade. Knives have been taken over by the state, like firearms. No city, town or county can make up their own restrictive knife laws, they are controlled by the state. Preempted as it were.

Anyhow, it seems the OSBI, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, has come out against it. No shock there, they're the ones that will take the hit financially. They get $100 for every five year permit, and $200 for every ten year. I expected nothing less from them. We'll see what the guvnor has to say about it.

#3 ·
Yep same thing happened in TX when open carry came out a couple years ago. Said it would be the wild wild west.

NOT!!!

Most here that Ive talked to didnt even know AZ has been an open carry and no permit required to carry guns for over a decade and still no shoot outs at the OK Coral...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Ok. That's awesome. Not even cops can carry off duty here in Canada! Ha. NOBODY can "carry" here - concealed or otherwise, unless hunting with a long gun. You may transport in a locked container to and from the range or licenced store. That's as close as you get.

#10 ·
I heard in the news here in Dallas that the Gov office was still considering it. Which to me means that they are weighing thier voters opinion.

The only thing I dont like constitutional carry. Similar issue that AZ has a few years back is, when AZ no linger required people to get a license to conceal or open carry. The prob is that states, NV dropped AZ from reciprosity on CCW in NV. Which screwed us in the long run if you ever traveled up to NV, which most ride to Vegas.

IMO I believe the federal govt should come up with the requirements to obtain a CCL. But after that its good everywhere in every state. Obviously not in schools, banks, airports etc..

#12 ·
Well, comes as a shock to a lot of us, but the GUV vetoed the bill. She had said some years ago, if that bill came across her desk, she would sign it. She didn't. A lot of us are quite pissed, but there's no repercussions for her, she's being term limited out of office this year anyways. Lame duck.

#14 · (Edited)
Ends up this isn't over. The state senate is pissed she vetoed it, as this is one of the issues she ran on to get elected. Said she'd sign it if it came across her desk. Typical lying politician. Anyhow, the senate is calling a special session to override the veto, they have enough votes to do so. ;)

#15 ·
Ends up this isn't over. The state senate is pissed she vetoed it, as this is one of the issues she ran on to get elected. Said she'd sign it if it came across her desk. Typical lieing politician. Anyhow, the senate is calling a special session to override the veto, they have enough votes to do so. ;)
Thats good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.