Check Indicator After X-Tre Install

Thread: Check Indicator After X-Tre Install

Default Check Indicator After X-Tre Install

Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to working on the bike and one of the mods I have seen many do is a tre or xtre. So I purchased a healtech xtre and attempted the install myself. I think I have all the correct wires spliced and connected as well as the GPS plug connected correctly but when I stand the bike up and pull in the side stand, turn ignition on, and run which on the odometer just say CHEC. The neutral indicator light works correctly but the gear indicator just shows a dash "-" . I looked at the GPS connectors to makes sure the pins aren't bent and they look fine to me. Its the pinkish, blue, and black/grey 3 pin connector that I have going into the xtre. The little led on the xtre shows a solid red light when the bike is running. Am I missing something or is there anything I can check? Any information is much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default Check Indicator After X-Tre Install

Can you post some pictures or a little video of what is connected, it might make it easier for someone to help.

Oh and welcome. I see its your first post. Why do you want a TRE? Personally its not my favourite Mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Quote Originally Posted by BigErn View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to working on the bike and one of the mods I have seen many do is a tre or xtre. So I purchased a healtech xtre and attempted the install myself. I think I have all the correct wires spliced and connected as well as the GPS plug connected correctly but when I stand the bike up and pull in the side stand, turn ignition on, and run which on the odometer just say CHEC. The neutral indicator light works correctly but the gear indicator just shows a dash "-" . I looked at the GPS connectors to makes sure the pins aren't bent and they look fine to me. Its the pinkish, blue, and black/grey 3 pin connector that I have going into the xtre. The little led on the xtre shows a solid red light when the bike is running. Am I missing something or is there anything I can check? Any information is much appreciated.
    In the instructions does it mention anything about selecting different options for the neutral indicator? I believe the dash “-“ is one of those neutral indicator options. That’s how it is on mine, and I switch it to what is called “the circling zero.” When you put the bike in gear, does a “1” show up indicating 1st gear? In fact, you should ride it (if you haven’t already, and run the bike through each gear to see if the gear indicator is showing each gear as you shift from 1st through 5th gear.

Also, you live very near to Matt (FuturR), who’s one of, if not the most knowledgeable M109R and general motorcycle gurus on the planet. You should contact him, if you can’t figure it out.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 04-22-2018 at 04:01 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Double check the triangular connector for proper colour wires, there ale two

very similar ones there.... Instructions say black/white, not the black/grey.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Very Active Member

It's been a year since I put mine on, but I know when I bought it, it was set up from the factory to be preset to 4th gear, which is proper to eliminate the advanced timing. You should have gotten instructions on how to set it up. There are TWO plugs behind the rear jug that it will plug into, only one is the proper one. There is a step by step on here for installing the XTRE and I used it rather than the instructions that came with the unit. Once you have it installed refer to the instructions that came with the unit to do the initial setup.

Marty

"Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun

Thank you Hunter for this. I actually read through it prior to doing the install but while doing it may have missed something.

Here is the 3 pin connector I am putting into the xtre.
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMAG1577.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	374617Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMAG1578.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	374625

I haven't tried riding the bike as I wasn't sure of what the CHEC indicator could be. When shifting the gear indicator remains as the dash "-" even when in 1st or 5th.

Name:	IMAG1579.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	374633

I read through a few different install write-ups and instructions but I may have been stupid and missed something obvious.

Im on the same boat followed the instructions. Can seem to get the gear indicators to show up with proper shifting. . Only see 3 or 4 on the GI so frustrated with this might end up returning this and going with Flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At times the gear indicator is blank as Im shifting only see 3, 4, it can be in 1st or5th gear still goes from 3 to 4 on indicator. Is that normal ? Would I need one of heal tech gear indicators ?

"Hunter"

When you spliced the wire off the ECU, did you make sure it was a good connection and that the correct wire was attached to the ECU side and the Bike Side? Do you think the XTRE is working at all or does the bike feel the same? I would also check the plug that you opened up to add the box from the XTRE In and make sure nothing has come unpinned in the process.

Question when the bike is off does the power light on the LED stay on When I turn on the bike the light the XTRE led red light turn off is that normal

Quote Originally Posted by TainoWarrior View Post
    Question when the bike is off does the power light on the LED stay on When I turn on the bike the light the XTRE led red light turn off is that normal

That seems strange to me. I don't have mine hooked up yet, but I am almost positive that the light was off when the bike was off on my buddy's. What are you powering the unit with? Sounds ridiculous but it appears what ever is powering your unit is off when the ignition is on and on when the ignition is off. You may actually be turning the XTRE off when you start the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZuk View Post
    That seems strange to me. I don't have mine hooked up yet, but I am almost positive that the light was off when the bike was off on my buddy's. What are you powering the unit with? Sounds ridiculous but it appears what ever is powering your unit is off when the ignition is on and on when the ignition is off. You may actually be turning the XTRE off when you start the bike.
    Yes exactly had power when the bike was off when I turned on the bike on then the XTRE led power light would turn off . Im over it I had the XTRE on, my Speedo didnt work and the GI wasnt working and after talking to Todd From Blue monkey he wanted pics so he can send it to HealTech support then I would have to wait for a response from somebody from HealTech support from Hungary . So I put the bike back to stock and it works fine getting my money back .

Yes exactly had power when the bike was off when I turned on the bike on then the XTRE led power light would turn off . Im over it I had the XTRE on, my Speedo didnt work and the GI wasnt working and after talking to Todd From Blue monkey he wanted pics so he can send it to HealTech support then I would have to wait for a response from somebody from HealTech support from Hungary . So I put the bike back to stock and it works fine getting my money back .

Check my reply on the other thread brother, I think you have the XTRE plugged into the wrong connector.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZuk View Post
    Check my reply on the other thread brother, I think you have the XTRE plugged into the wrong connector.
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=342842
    see pic connector

Name:	100_0246.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	376050Click image for larger version.

Name:	100_0247.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	376058
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 05-10-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    "Hunter"

Thank you ZUK u guided me to the right direction and the bike runs phenomenal. Thank you for the help

Thank you ZUK u guided me to the right direction and the bike runs phenomenal. Thank you for the help

Good to hear, glad it was a simple fix.

Yes sir if you ever decide to come to southern Cali you have a place to stay .

Thanks Brother