M109 Rider Forums banner

M90 K&N air Filters

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hoglaw09 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Interesting. I checked out the web site, and other related K&N sites. The K&N part number SU-1409, is listed as being only applicable to the 2009, 2010, 2016 and 2017 models. I have a 2013 M90, which is not listed as being applicable, but when I look up the oem part number (13471 40H00), this filter is applicable for all years. So, it looks like the M90 air filter design has not changed, but it is odd that K&N go out of their way to only list certain manufacturing years. Has anyone bought these filters and were they physically the same as the oem filter?

Thanks

Update: I bought the K&N filters SU-1409, and they fit my 2013 M90. No obvious sound or power differences.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the udpate, I've had my eye on the K&N's but wasn't sure if they'd fit. Just pulled the trigger on a pair.

I also ordered their chrome oil filter (even though it's not technically for my model year, and lists as a 2016)....hopefully it'll work just fine as well.

Just a quick update: the SU-1409 air filters fit perfectly in my 2013 M90, and would assume it'd fit on any of model years, as I don't believe anything has changed with the design. K&N Oil filter fit perfectly as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.