new to the forum, looking for some help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: new to the forum, looking for some help

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    toronto, ontario, canada
    Posts
    37

    Default new to the forum, looking for some help

    Hi Guys

    I'll be picking up my C109RT in a couple weeks here in Toronto, looking forward to riding when it gets warm enough. I'll be looking for some accessories over the coming months, some more urgently than others.

    First priority will be a drivers backrest. Can anyone recommend one that will work with the stock seat that will bolt on without any mods? I don't have a shop/garage to do much work, so I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.

    Second priority would be some hardbags. Ideally, a local supplier would be best, to save on shipping and stuff.

    Third would be a batwing fairing (eventually). I don't think memphis shades does one.

    Looking forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks for the help.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Welcome to the forum

    To find specifics, use the Google search at the bottom of the page. That will list all the threads. You'll have to make sure you're looking at the C109 threads as most are for the M109R

    I get a lot of my stuff from fortnine.ca they are located in Montreal and great to deal with

  4. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    toronto, ontario, canada
    Posts
    37

    Default

    i checked fortnine already. they don't have anything. No backrest or fairing and all the hardbags are out of stock.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    They won't have anything for factory, only after market


    I just checked Partzilla and nothing available.

  7. #5
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crzynoof View Post
    Hi Guys

    I'll be picking up my C109RT in a couple weeks here in Toronto, looking forward to riding when it gets warm enough. I'll be looking for some accessories over the coming months, some more urgently than others.

    First priority will be a drivers backrest. Can anyone recommend one that will work with the stock seat that will bolt on without any mods? I don't have a shop/garage to do much work, so I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.

    Second priority would be some hardbags. Ideally, a local supplier would be best, to save on shipping and stuff.

    Third would be a batwing fairing (eventually). I don't think memphis shades does one.

    Looking forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks for the help.
    Where are you at in 'Canada' :)
    I am in Newmarket and owned 2 C109's before my current M109.
    I may have a driver back rest for the C109 in my garage....not sure but Grasshopper comes to mind on Ebay.

    As for bags , the Tsukayu strong bags are great, especially if you marry them up with the EasyBrackets for easy removal
    As for the fairing, The Tsukayu fairing was also decent and is removable as well.

    Here are some photos of the fairing and stuff
    https://goo.gl/photos/eUbs72hQH3aB5F7h7

    Also another album for other mods i did
    https://goo.gl/photos/NiZ9w7pepzb28zbP8

    Brad
    Last edited by BradSmith; 04-05-2018 at 05:36 PM.

  8. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    toronto, ontario, canada
    Posts
    37

    Default drivers backrest

    Hi Brad

    I'm a bit south of you, just down in Toronto. A quick run to Newmarket would not be an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Where are you at in 'Canada' :)
    I am in Newmarket and owned 2 C109's before my current M109.
    I may have a driver back rest for the C109 in my garage....not sure but Grasshopper comes to mind on Ebay.

    As for bags , the Tsukayu strong bags are great, especially if you marry them up with the EasyBrackets for easy removal
    As for the fairing, The Tsukayu fairing was also decent and is removable as well.

    Here are some photos of the fairing and stuff
    https://goo.gl/photos/eUbs72hQH3aB5F7h7

    Also another album for other mods i did
    https://goo.gl/photos/NiZ9w7pepzb28zbP8

    Brad

  9. #7
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crzynoof View Post
    Hi Brad

    I'm a bit south of you, just down in Toronto. A quick run to Newmarket would not be an issue.

    Cool, hopefully it will actually hit riding temperatures soon, going crazy.
    Will definitely have to come up one weekend, will see what I have in all my boxes of stuff...probably have some led bulbs too for the signals and stuff.

    I got a tire changer for Christmas, going to be setting that up soon too. Sounds like you are 2-3k from needing new tires.

    Brad
    [email protected]

  10. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    toronto, ontario, canada
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Cool stuff. Shoot me some contact details. If you could have a look and see if you actually have that back rest, that would be great. Any idea if its studded? I prefer studless, given the choice.


    [email protected]


    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Cool, hopefully it will actually hit riding temperatures soon, going crazy.
    Will definitely have to come up one weekend, will see what I have in all my boxes of stuff...probably have some led bulbs too for the signals and stuff.

    I got a tire changer for Christmas, going to be setting that up soon too. Sounds like you are 2-3k from needing new tires.

    Brad
    [email protected]

  11. #9
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crzynoof View Post
    Cool stuff. Shoot me some contact details. If you could have a look and see if you actually have that back rest, that would be great. Any idea if its studded? I prefer studless, given the choice.


    [email protected]

    If I can find it, it definitely is not studded....I changed my C109 when i had it to non-studded, cause I also don't like them

    You should consider going to the Mid Atlantic Meet. There will be at least one other C109 there. That has the easy brackets, tsakuya strong bags and the fairing...if you want to see them on the bike for yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->