Knock on pegs

Thread: Knock on pegs

Default Knock on pegs

Hi I just bought a 9 with 160 at the front and 250 rear
    It ride really nice to me but there is a issue I'm feeling a knock on my pegs riding on the free way.the dealer is saying he thinks it because of the bike is lowered 2 " and the tire is touching but y feel the knock on the pegs .the knock has no audio just feeling it at high speed is anyone have had this issue before and what can I do to solve the issue.thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

There are quite a few member 9er's from this site that live in NY.

One by the Name of Andy Medina Sr. (or Some 9 on this forum) has a shop and knows the 9 very well.

Hit him up on FB and see if he has time to look at your bike.

Your bike will be in much better hands than taking it to a Suzuki dealer.

You can post and tag him on this site https://www.facebook.com/groups/210409459038633/

And I also Pm'ed you with his FB info if you want to message him directly.

Get in touch with Andy and he will hook you up, looks like you are only about an hour from him.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 03-26-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    There are quite a few member 9er's from this site that live in NY.

One by the Name of Andy Medina Sr. (or Some 9 on this forum) has a shop and knows the 9 very well.

Hit him up on FB and see if he has time to look at your bike.

Your bike will be in much better hands than taking it to a Suzuki dealer.

You can post and tag him on this site https://www.facebook.com/groups/210409459038633/

And I also Pm'ed you with his FB info if you want to message him directly.

Get in touch with Andy and he will hook you up, looks like you are only about an hour from him.

BCS
    I went to him already
    Last edited by Nigh221; 03-27-2018 at 04:33 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigh221 View Post
    I went to him already he is more expensive than dealer lol
    Whatever works for you I guess.

Andy knows the 9, he has been there and done that......the guy who they hand your bike over to at the dealer they may have just hired yesterday and he might have never seen a 9 before...... Just sayin.

If you have a garage or carport, some tools and couple of jacks you could change the motor mounts yourself.....its not that hard.

Check out this thread.....

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...144372&page=17

This is going to link you to page 17, there is a pictorial showing you what to take off and how to do it. (But feel free to look at the entire thread also)

If you can't see the pictures then go to the bottom of page 17 and look for my post that tells you how to fix this.

Good Luck,

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 03-27-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Whatever works for you I guess.

Andy knows the 9, he has been there and done that......the guy who they hand your bike over to at the dealer they may have just hired yesterday and he might have never seen a 9 before...... Just sayin.

If you have a garage or carport, some tools and couple of jacks you could change the motor mounts yourself.....its not that hard.

Check out this thread.....

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...144372&page=17

This is going to link you to page 17, there is a pictorial showing you what to take off and how to do it. (But feel free to look at the entire thread also)

If you can't see the pictures then go to the bottom of page 17 and look for my post that tells you how to fix this.

Good Luck,

BCS
    You could be right but after i read threat on mounts the symptoms not the same meaning i dont vibrate at high speed my handle back don't shake.however I still have to check on the mount cause I don't know if it ever change bought bike 1 month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nigh221 View Post
    I went to him already
    He came to me for stuff to mod the 9 not to check the knock, tomorrow I will look at it and see.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.